Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs should be one win one loss, and WCE in Perth is always an issue, but North, Port, and Saints should be 6 wins.
That's pretty optimistic. WC and Port home and away you'd expect 2-2. All the others I think it's very hard to predict what they will dish up in 2022. Even North might surprise a few.

That's pretty optimistic. WC and Port home and away you'd expect 2-2. All the others I think it's very hard to predict what they will dish up in 2022. Even North might surprise a few.
We seem to have it over Port in Port unless its a final for some reason.

I would expect to win both against West coast and probably lose to Port at least once. Saints I think could be a big risk, we were lucky with them this year.

I agree.
North are going to be a surprise packet. They have been building a pretty damn good list over the last few years and we saw signs of what is to come just this past season. Very competitive for 3 quarters before being overrun by many teams.
Additions of Greenwood and Coleman-Jones will be beneficial. Particularly Coleman-Jones as they now have one of the most talented young forward lines in the game. Larkey, Zurhaar, Stephenson, Coleman-Jones.
I think they'll definitely improve, probably not bottom 4 again, but I think there's still a ways to go for them. I think the saints are in a good position to make it click too.

I think, probably controversially, that we can lock in west coast for two wins plus North. The rest are up in the air

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coordinated a club wide drug cheating program? Wouldn't be too many in that group.

I'd ban him for life.
All the prominent players in the saga at Essendon really should've been barred from ever working in the AFL again.

Their actions lead to a player being stripped of a Brownlow, a dozen players missing a year and their club missing finals they'd earned, not to mention all the years of turmoil the club had to endure, and the constant distraction it was to the competition, while it all played out.

Guys been off his **** at a club all off season, would love to know how he justifies needing leave.

good point, I actually thought he said he was a non-drug and alcohol taking Christian somewhere.

Now I’m wondering if this some sort of code for having to be secretly suspended for getting caught with illicit substances?

good point, I actually thought he said he was a non-drug and alcohol taking Christian somewhere.

Now I’m wondering if this some sort of code for having to be secretly suspended for getting caught with illicit substances?
I think that talking point came from his draft year and it was only that he was not drinking so he could stay on top of his training and increase his chances of getting drafted. Don't think it was a permanent life choice

Think you'll find that's the speculation for what's happened in this case, as well as some past cases where a player has suddenly found themselves out for 8/10 weeks with a mystery injury concern

As much as the AFL has a 3-strike policy, it's not like they want to lose a name player to such a policy and hence the mystery injuries or time out required - a lesser name player probably wouldn't be so lucky to receive such treatment and instead would just be given strikes

Coordinated a club wide drug cheating program? Wouldn't be too many in that group.

I'd ban him for life.

Do you feel they set out to cheat ..or did they set out to push the line on what was acceptable? I honestly do not know.

The secrecy they implemented would indicate they did not want what they were doing public information...just how much of that was deceit and how much was securing IP.

It was not ideal to have an anthem ..of 'what ever it takes'.

Last edited:
Think you'll find that's the speculation for what's happened in this case, as well as some past cases where a player has suddenly found themselves out for 8/10 weeks with a mystery injury concern

As much as the AFL has a 3-strike policy, it's not like they want to lose a name player to such a policy and hence the mystery injuries or time out required - a lesser name player probably wouldn't be so lucky to receive such treatment and instead would just be given strikes

I feel like this has happened before and then was explained in the media that player xyz (Franklin?) was secretly suspended for his first strike.

Wasnt that a concern with Franklin... ?

The strikes are kept private aren't they , and the question of self reporting to avoid declaration of the 3rd strike was another concern.

I guess id ask at what point should information be made public. Is the public entitled to know everything about players.... the flip side is we do not what to see tuck situations.

Drugs are a difficult subject. My daughter told me about New Zealand who have just introduced rules for cigarettes or tobacco .... for anyone born after 2008. Good luck with that one sporting organisations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back