Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JACK HAYES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayes played typically as a short ruck with great athleticism and worked as an extra onballer as a result.

Also filled holes in a CHB and CHF from time to time as needed.

For SA played similar sort of tall utility roles. Think a shorter a Blicavs in terms of ability to play all around the ground. Takes a good grab avg. almost 8 marks a game, and has a jnr rugby background, hence strong tackler averaging almost 5 a game for a big man this season.

Did have a knock on his leg with small fracture which he played through the SANFL gf (still got BOG)...which says enough about his toughness

Fractures leg, plays GF, gets BOG.... sounds similar to another Hayes I know :heart: Another tough, agile, skillful, intelligent, hungry mature age recruit.

It seems he would be very unlucky not to be signed by us.

6 goals in a prelim:

Hayes played typically as a short ruck with great athleticism and worked as an extra onballer as a result.

Also filled holes in a CHB and CHF from time to time as needed.

For SA played similar sort of tall utility roles. Think a shorter a Blicavs in terms of ability to play all around the ground. Takes a good grab avg. almost 8 marks a game, and has a jnr rugby background, hence strong tackler averaging almost 5 a game for a big man this season.

Did have a knock on his leg with small fracture which he played through the SANFL gf (still got BOG)...which says enough about his toughness

Moves and kicks like a ruckman.

Good hands.

Can’t get a good read on his playing style. Perhaps some sanfl watchers will have a better idea.

Oscar Allan/ Brody Mihocek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayes is an interesting one.

If the Saints add him to our list it will be interesting to see how the club intends to initially use him. I doubt that they are thinking key forward or permanent forward even though he has the tools for such a role.

1/ As mini-Marshall to play second ruck/forward
2/ As a mid who pushes forward (ie like the role the Bont plays).
3/ As a big mid

People this is a good pick up
We've been complaining abouth depth for a few years now
He is versatile and has a decent footy brain
If he takes the next step in fitness and ability up to afl level he will certainly be pushing to get in to the 22

Is perfect for depth due to injuries

Another SA lad ♥

People this is a good pick up
We've been complaining abouth depth for a few years now
He is versatile and has a decent footy brain
If he takes the next step in fitness and ability up to afl level he will certainly be pushing to get in to the 22

Is perfect for depth due to injuries

Another SA lad ♥
I think we are worried about full back depth.

Hayes is an interesting one.

If the Saints add him to our list it will be interesting to see how the club intends to initially use him. I doubt that they are thinking key forward or permanent forward even though he has the tools for such a role.

1/ As mini-Marshall to play second ruck/forward
2/ As a mid who pushes forward (ie like the role the Bont plays).
3/ As a big mid

He's like a better version of Blake Acres.

A Jason Blake mini-me?
F8CDBA52-B451-4C09-8226-B2F381C5EBCF.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back