Strategy 2022 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really care see Dusty playing much, if at all next year...such a terrible loss and one that will be hard for him to overcome. He's the ultimate professional, but this might be a bridge too far even for him

That was my first thought and honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he retired. Seems he was incredibly close to his dad and having achieved everything in the game will he still have that drive to play or will he want time to himself to process his loss.

For those with app access, how much are Marchbank and Rioli

DTLive had them at 190, but thats probably wrong....

I think they were roughly 290k on the app, can’t access it anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interested in how most will plan their initial defenders as it looks like most of the above teams are taking a different approach to my early plans.
I say it every year, and I may or may not be correct, but numbers in each area of your team should, in my opinion, be subject to your chosen rookies.

Pick your best rookies, and then fill in the gaps that are left.
For those with app access, how much are Marchbank and Rioli

DTLive had them at 190, but thats probably wrong....
I have mentioned them on here a few times; I’m going off my memory (not near my pc atm) but according to my calculations: W Rioli about 348K and Marchbank 307K.

With Covid about and it causing havoc in the NBA and EPL, I think having a deep bench will be king next year. I’m not talking flakey 190k guys, probably going to want a couple high draft picks that will play a lot but cost you 250k or so. Also, I think it might be best to limit the number of players per team also. Looking at GWS for example. Whitfield, Kelly, Green, Coniglio, Taranto all look highly relevant, but you’d probably wouldn’t want to start more than 2 of them in case there’s an outbreak amongst the GWS team

Also, I think it might be best to limit the number of players per team also. Looking at GWS for example. Whitfield, Kelly, Green, Coniglio, Taranto all look highly relevant, but you’d probably wouldn’t want to start more than 2 of them in case there’s an outbreak amongst the GWS team

I think that’s an excellent point and been in the back of my mind when thinking about a line up. The most I have for one team currently is the dogs with 3; Macrae, Dunkley and Trealor. I don’t think I would want to be pushing any more than that from 1 team as a precaution. Also with Dunkley and Trealor forward, I’m looking at having all my midfielders being from different teams for this reason so I’m not faced with being 2 premos down due to Covid.

Was caught out last year with the swans/gws game with multiple players out and was a nightmare

D6 worries me. Don’t see any real rookies I like there that can be fielded. Obviously early days though. Guys like Gould will probably be good for the bench, but not sure how many games he gets
There are some early options I see

Darcy Wilmot - Still not 18 so super young but losing Birchall they have a vacancy and have shown they're happy to play young kids. Sharp debuted early last year still attending year 12. I just really rate him as a small defender he has pace which they're desperate for

F.Mcasey - Still think he can become the 2nd tall with Butts for the crows. Top 6 pick now with 2-3 years of development playing for a rebuilding side. Everyone thought he was leaving but late last year signed a 2 year deal. Might be time to get games into him. Needs to probably get ahead of either Butts or N.Murray

Leek Aller - Mature aged, played SANFL last year alot. Goes to GWS who are lacking a little bit in tall defenders. They probably start with Buckley and Sam Taylor with Haynes the 3rd tall but if they add another tall it could be Leek Aleer as an interceptor, Haynes can play on smalls like C.Cameron ect. Phil Davis seems on the outer, Keefe returning from injury. Also have Jake Stein aswell.

Charlie Dean - Mature aged defender aswell, intercepting mark type aswell. Probably has 1 too many ahead of him with Moore, Roughead and Kreuger as the 3 talls. Howe to play 4th tall and quarter back role

G.Mcdonagh - Turning 26 from Richmond VFL. Is a rebounding kicking half back like Daniel Rich. Lethal left foot that pumps it. General Consensus is he's next in line in our defence to (Stewart, Laverde, Jake Kelly, Ridley, Heppell, Hind, Redman as the back 7) may need an injury to one of those or a wingman. You don't pick 26 year olds in the draft to not play them though

Will Kelly - Probably needs to go forward for a game. Moore, Roughead, Kreuger ahead and also maybe C.Dean as mentioned above. They then have D.Cameron and Mihocek as the tall forwards, he could play 3rd tall there. Maybe also needs an injury back or fwd.

Luke Cleary - No nothing about. But I believe drafted as a mature aged player for dogs. They played all of McNeil, A.Scott ect as Mature ages drafted last year. He might be an Easton Wood replacement, have no idea.

Then you have some slightly more expensive guys like Kreuger, D.G.Barass, Kemp and Sinn who I'd just about have all 4 in their best 22s (Also as you said I think Chesser probably has a good chance of round 1 aswell)

Worrell, J.Stein, Gould if all 190k as guys who were close last years gone or got 1 game and have a few years behind them now in the system

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one offical pre-season game FFS

They should scrap the three week bye, move to one - then shorten the pre-season and add another few matches into the normal season.

You could almost get each side playing each other twice that way.

Only started my pre-season planning this afternoon, but I have already almost locked in Butters and Maynard into my rd 1 side. I have a feeling both will have huge seasons playing in the midfield. Serong will be on the verge of a breakout year (especially with Cerra no longer there) and Rowell is another one I am closely keeping my eyes on.

Should be lots of underpriced mid pricers/premos too this season which is very interesting - Sicily, Crouch, Preuss, Milera, Neale, Cripps, Treloar, Coniglio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back