Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
OK, how about a quick synopsis of what a buddy is supposed to do..I mean, besides not to bring bad luck.

Well, I would reach out to your buddy and schedule and time to get together. I find it’s useful to have weekly meetings to check in and see how things are going. Last year, I spent a lot of time bucking up Youngy during his rehab. We did one on one training drills on the weekend, which always ended up with him staying over for dinner (he’s a bit of a mooch). Anyway, the year before I would go to psychologist appts with Lobbster to try and cure his yipps. I also spent a lot of time going shopping with him. He loves his clothes. Not a big shopper but as his buddy I felt it was my duty.

So, that’s it in a nutshell. I assume everyone does something similar, right?

PS - Thanks VanDyke for arranging the buddy draft. Serong and I are already meeting next week to exchange Christmas presents.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, I would reach out to your buddy and schedule and time to get together. I find it’s useful to have weekly meetings to check in and see how things are going. Last year, I spent a lot of time bucking up Youngy during his rehab. We did one on one training drills on the weekend, which always ended up with him staying over for dinner (he’s a bit of a mooch). Anyway, the year before I would go to psychologist appts with Lobbster to try and cure his yipps. I also spent a lot of time going shopping with him. He loves his clothes. Not a big shopper but as his buddy I felt it was my duty.

So, that’s it in a nutshell. I assume everyone does something similar, right?

PS - Thanks VanDyke for arranging the buddy draft. Serong and I are already meeting next week to exchange Christmas presents.

I tried to call Jordan Clark as per your advice and he hung up on me.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
3rd and final round:

PickPosterPlayer
37vidwhalO'Driscoll
38A New HopeSchultz
39ArcassiusNone
40serial_thrillaBanfield
41Wray27Aish
42TbonefreoNone
43Freo SharkBrayshaw
44MadMundyO'Driscoll
45VicDockerDarcy
46Tony_CliftonBanfield
47BastyyJohnson
48Purpellian AnchorSturt
49mattis117Young
50stax on the mullWestern
51BigRangLogue
52Piggy SmallsClark
53purplerunsdeep2Valente
54MrDanggazzPearce
55DeathlyNone
56ScatterBrodie

to wrap up the final round, we saw some previously untouched players such as O’Driscoll and Banfield quickly get snatched up, while yyou would love for see the look on Freo Shark when Brayshaw slipped through to him. Bastyy will have to settle for a different future Brownlow winner in Matt Johnson, while I look forward to finally seeing @purplerunsdeep2’s player this season hopefully. Unfortunately for Arcassius, Tbonefreo and Deathly, all of their preferences had been taken so will have to go back into the pool with who’s left, and do we have a great pool left (a reminder that each player can have up to 2 buddy’s). For the record, with the 57th pick I’m taking Barra as it’s a bloody outrage he’s still on the board, disrespectful to the great man

Players with 1 buddy spot left (according to my maths, give us a shout if you find an error)
  • Crowden
  • Clark
  • Fyfe
  • Walters
  • Hughes
  • Mundy
  • Brodie
  • Tucker
  • Henry
  • Amiss
  • Pearce
  • Valente
  • Western
  • Switta
  • Johnson
Players with 2 buddy spots left
  • Blakely
  • Acres
  • Wilson
  • Hamling
  • Meek
  • Colyer
  • Lobb
I’ll take Hamling as Buddy #2 if I can. I had both Hughes and Hammer this year and I’d be more than happy to continue in 2022. 😁💜

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks for arranging - my first year, very excited. Expecting great things from young Treacy, the Coleman maybe or some very sore half backs at least.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 20, 2018
I’m sure the intent was there but can someone explain this to me - I was one of the first to nominate my players, and I get pick 53… and from what I can read on my phone - no player either??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure the intent was there but can someone explain this to me - I was one of the first to nominate my players, and I get pick 53… and from what I can read on my phone - no player either??

When these have run in previous years everyone is assigned a random number which randomly orders the draft picks, I would cycle this a few times actually to do absolutely nothing to increase the randomness but it felt like it did, then the picks are allocated in the order they were drawn to the player remaining most highest ranked on the nomination post.

Jul 20, 2018
When these have run in previous years everyone is assigned a random number which randomly orders the draft picks, I would cycle this a few times actually to do absolutely nothing to increase the randomness but it felt like it did, then the picks are allocated in the order they were drawn to the player remaining most highest ranked on the nomination post.

Logic stacks up Taylor… cheers

Next Q - no player against my name? Or am I nog reading it correctly on my phone?

Maybe all of my 6 choices were gone by the time it got to my pick

As I mentioned in the OP, the draft order is randomised so the order you put your requests in doesn’t determine which pick you got. and some may say that your allocated buddy is still being looked for if that gives a hint (put in the white text for the joke, should have given the heads up)
Valente

kingross29

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George, Boston Celtics
I'll take Jordan Clark (fixed)

Last edited:

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I sure love Jeremy McGovern!!! and Andrew Gaff!!!

That’s not even funny….

I spoke to Caleb today and he’s totally down for having two “official” buddies and one “unofficial” buddy. One to hold on to his Rising star award, one to keep the Ross Glendenning medal safe, and one to hold his goal of the year award. He’ll be by later today to drop off your Christmas present.

Heck yes!!!!

1639977639969.png

Back