What are your three bold predictions for 2022?

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1: JHF gets a Prince Albert which leads to a golden staph infection. This is untreatable so he has to have it removed and in doing so he/she also removes the Horne from their surname as it no longer seems at all appropriate. We appeal to the AFL to allow him play for our women's team, which they permit, and she leads us to AFLW premiership glory.

2: Peter Scanlon is rocked by a scandal which shows that he has been keeping thousands of refugees in his basement, hiring them out for cleaning work and keeping the profits, then pumping this money into The Huddle to assuage his Catholic guilt. The Huddle is thus closed and Peter De Rauch who sees this as an opportunity rides in on his white horse named 'God Loves the Pokies' and opens up a whole new income stream for he club by purchasing gaming venues in the outer Western suburbs.

3: A catastrophic seismic event closes Bass Strait, thus moving Tasmania 100's of kilometres closer to Victoria and creating a land bridge via Cape Shank which makes accessing games in Tassie much easier for Melbourne based fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
1. 1xAA Player - Thomas if he continues how he finished 2021
2. 8+ wins (including against WB on Good Friday)
3. Eddie Mazda kicks 20 goals

I'll make more certain and less bold predictions:

1. Archer will play at least 3 games in 2022
2. We will not win another spoon
3. Cunnington will play at least 8 games

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. we finish last.

2. Caroline Wilson admits she uses our ladder position for stimulation in the bedroom

3. Josh Kelly considers leaving GWS and we're linked and said to be the front runners

1: JHF gets a Prince Albert which leads to a golden staph infection. This is untreatable so he has to have it removed and in doing so he/she also removes the Horne from their surname as it no longer seems at all appropriate. We appeal to the AFL to allow him play for our women's team, which they permit, and she leads us to AFLW premiership glory.

2: Peter Scanlon is rocked by a scandal which shows that he has been keeping thousands of refugees in his basement, hiring them out for cleaning work and keeping the profits, then pumping this money into The Huddle to assuage his Catholic guilt. The Huddle is thus closed and Peter De Rauch who sees this as an opportunity rides in on his white horse named 'God Loves the Pokies' and opens up a whole new income stream for he club by purchasing gaming venues in the outer Western suburbs.

3: A catastrophic seismic event closes Bass Strait, thus moving Tasmania 100's of kilometres closer to Victoria and creating a land bridge via Cape Shank which makes accessing games in Tassie much easier for Melbourne based fans.

Good job , out of all of the musings I suggest you may not be furthest from the pin.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's the boring part of pre-season so it's time for the cliche, boring threads. Give us your three bold predictions for next season. I'll go first.

1. All-Australian Cam Zurhaar

Gonna pick up where he left off last season. His second half of the season was elite and I think he'll only build on that next year. I'm tipping a huge year from The Bull.

2. LDU gets dropped

A lot has been spoken about the quality and depth of the midfield that we're building and even that there might not be room for all of them in their preferred positions. Obviously with JHF and Greenwood coming in it's even more competitive in there.

As for LDU, what he does with the ball is spectacular. It's what he does for the other 99% of the game that worries me. He's passive defensively and looks like he mentally checks in and out of games, with the massive trauma he's experienced throughout his early career a massive caveat there.

I think we're going to have zero tolerance for not going when it's your turn next year and I can see LDU falling short of consistently doing that. It might be only one week in the twos but I can see it happening.

I'm nowhere near as bullish on him as I am on most of our other young mids mainly because of his lack of consistent intensity and passiveness but I get that it's a hugely unpopular opinion.

3. Archer plays the 2nd most games of our draftees after JHF

Dunno, as good as Kayne was last year, I think he'll face real competition for that lockdown defender role as soon as next year from Archer. Everythign written about him in training reports that I've read says he's a massive competitor and Nobes liked those types.
Can't see this happening for simply one reason - he came top 5 in the Syd this year. If his defensive game was an issue then I am pretty sure Nobes would've dropped him this year and I am certain he wouldn't have done well in the Syd.

With an improved tank and a stronger body I only expect him to improve - Top 3 in the Syd and some serious attention from the greater footy world.

1. Goldie BnF winner - he's not done yet
2. Cunners return to the 22 correlates with Thomas AA talk
3. JHF has a low patch in 2022, BF melts with the 100's of links to "think pieces" on The Roar how we stuffed up the draft pick before JHF returns with some solid performances which result in the same number of BF Toasts linking to Jay Clarke and Sam McClure tweets of "I always rated him".

Last edited:

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
- Dwayne Johnson will continue to make junk mail type movies that aren't any good but make a lot of money.

- Barnaby Joyce will self combust or evolve into a tomato. (no preference of either)

- Talk of the womens AFL forging into the mens competition for the future. ie - Teams will have to adhere to having X amount of women in the team...rules will be amended to accommodate both genders playing with & against each other. Any backlash will be met with those accused of bigotry, sexism, misogyny etc.

1 Yes, would have also accepted Will Ferrell
2 Yes
3 No, stay off Facebooks

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
If listed, Marty Hore will play Round 1
Bonar/Perez will combine for 40+ games
Bailey Scott is delisted end 2022

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

Frightening that #1 is the most likely.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. LDU has the breakout season we’ve all been waiting for winning the 2022 B&F and polling Top 5 in the Brownlow. He puts the competition on notice similar to Petracca in 2020. Asserts himself as our next No.1 mid after many thought he may not be the player he should be.

2. JHF is the runaway 2022 Rising Star winner having one of the most influential seasons by a first year player since Chris Judd.

3. Charlie Comben is the surprise packet of 2022. Plays all 22 games and kicks somewhere between 40-50 goals.

All of the above has us pushing for the 8 for most of the year is an improvement the pundits did not see coming this quickly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. we will embarrass Melbourne and WB with a 35+ point belting.

2. Josh walker will come top 5 in the B&F and will be a surprise AA

3. Sleevo actually shits his pants in the 3rd quarter and is ruled out for 4 games with explosive diarrhoea

It's the boring part of pre-season so it's time for the cliche, boring threads. Give us your three bold predictions for next season. I'll go first.

1. All-Australian Cam Zurhaar

Gonna pick up where he left off last season. His second half of the season was elite and I think he'll only build on that next year. I'm tipping a huge year from The Bull.

2. LDU gets dropped

A lot has been spoken about the quality and depth of the midfield that we're building and even that there might not be room for all of them in their preferred positions. Obviously with JHF and Greenwood coming in it's even more competitive in there.

As for LDU, what he does with the ball is spectacular. It's what he does for the other 99% of the game that worries me. He's passive defensively and looks like he mentally checks in and out of games, with the massive trauma he's experienced throughout his early career a massive caveat there.

I think we're going to have zero tolerance for not going when it's your turn next year and I can see LDU falling short of consistently doing that. It might be only one week in the twos but I can see it happening.

I'm nowhere near as bullish on him as I am on most of our other young mids mainly because of his lack of consistent intensity and passiveness but I get that it's a hugely unpopular opinion.

3. Archer plays the 2nd most games of our draftees after JHF

Dunno, as good as Kayne was last year, I think he'll face real competition for that lockdown defender role as soon as next year from Archer. Everythign written about him in training reports that I've read says he's a massive competitor and Nobes liked those types.
Love it
3x Non North:
1. GC17 is sent a very strongly worded letter from the AFL, someone like Paul Roos is sent in to sort the mess
2. Melb don’t make top 4
3. Gee don’t play finals

3x North
1. Thomas gets a top 10 placing in the Brownlow if he plays 20+ games
2. Cunnington retires or wins an AFL award
3. We miss the finals by two games and percentage, lack of crumbing forward will get solved but not early enough

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
NMFC related
- Nick Larkey to be on the podium for the Coleman
- JHF to be good, but not quite as good as expected but not any concern
- Will have one break out win (ie, thrashing a contender - see 10.4 v 0.0 v Crows 2017)

AFL related
- One of last year's top 4 to miss finals - I'll go Geelong
- One of last year's finalists to go bottom 6 - I'll go *
- One of last year's non-finalists to be Top 4 - I'll go the Tigers

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. North's revamped forward line up 6 Jed, JHF and TT as the smalls with Comben, Larkey and CZ as the talls (with CCJ and Eddie rotating through there) is recognised as one on the top 4 forward lines in the comp by year end;

2. Goldie has a resurgance in the ruck as he gets great support from CCJ - this one/two punch Ruck combo is recognised as a top 4 ruck combination by the media experts by Round 11;

3. We have 4 new players Round 1 - CCJ, JHF, Greenwood and Goater.

Back