2022-Banner-Fixture-Round-.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Post your PS teams and get feedback .....please note; team versions posted have a limit of 2,890 ....after that it'll be considered Spam

My first effort .....saving money early & trying not bias any particular team :drunk:

1639985441916.png

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pretty happy with my current lineup with the 4 big Mids to hopefully set and forget the whole year. Trying to avoid picking that next “breakout” midfielder which if we’re honest how many do we actually get accurate (well myself anyway).

D: Whit, Dawson, Day, Sicily, Milera, Sinn (McDonough, Driscoll)

C: Steele, Macrae, Mitchell, Oliver, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Roberts (Clark, Stephens)

R: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)

F: Duncan, Dunkley, Trealor, Butters, Rachele, Holland’s (Murley, 190k)

U: Skinner

Main toss up at the moment is between Dawson, Rowell and Witts to either Clark, Serong and O,Brien with a rookie downgrade too (Roberts).

Also heavy in rnd 13 bye but not too concerned about that too start.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
First go, felt really good. Haven't done any bye calculations as it gonna change a million times
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 5.35.11 pm.png

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Couldn't believe how cheap Danger was, so put him in as a placeholder for now. Same with Whit, Brodie and Butters.

Vanilla as f*ck, but it seems we all have similar ideas at this time of pre-season:

DEF: Hall, Lloyd, Whit, Sicily, Wilmot, McDonagh (Skinner, W. Kelly)

MID: Steele (C), Macrae (VC), Neale, Danger, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, G. Clark (C. Stephens, E. Smith)

RUCK: Grundy, Witts (Hayes)

FWD: Dunc, Dunks, Treloar, Butters, W. Brodie, Pedlar (Hollands, B. Laurie)

INT: S. De Koning

7K remaining

Want to get Preuss on the bench somehow, but it's a lot of cash to spend on an interchange player.. Have had all of Yeo, Serong and Danger at M4 so far, and had Oliver in place of Neale with Brodie going down to a rook to make it happen.

It'll do for a first attempt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Currently sitting with

DEF: Hall, Whitfield, Sicily, Milera, Kemp, Wilmot (McDonagh, Dean)
MID: Steele, Mitchell, Petracca, Neale, MCrouch, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Clark, Stephens)
RUCK: Darcy, Witts (Edwards)
FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Thomas, Butters, Brodie, Pedlar (Holland’s, Laurie)
UTL: Skinner

Backline sucks but it sucked last year when I paid up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
The Officially Ridiculously, Outrageously, Completely Far Too Early Draft Side:

B: Whitfield, Dawson, Day, Chapman, Sinn, Smith - Thompson, Gould
M: Steele, Walsh, Parish, Hunter, Bailey, JHF, Daicos, Callaghan - Valente, Hollands
R: Gawn, Darcy - some pleb
F: Duncan, Dunkley, Thomas, Butters, Rachelle, Stone - Rioli, Smith
U: another pleb

Currently loading with the more expensive rookies - at least on field - as it gives flexibility as practice sides and pre-season information comes in. If a cheaper player is "training the house down", it leaves me cash to spend elsewhere - rather than the reverse.

It's also important to note that this it the time I look at everyone else's side and say "Why does their side look better than mine ?"

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Post your PS teams and get feedback .....please note; team versions posted have a limit of 2,890 ....after that it'll be considered Spam

My first effort .....saving money early & trying not bias any particular team :drunk:

View attachment 1300058

This is what my team looks like when I think I might be a shot for the car this year.

Then I go and ruin it.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The Officially Ridiculously, Outrageously, Completely Far Too Early Draft Side:

B: Whitfield, Dawson, Day, Chapman, Sinn, Smith - Thompson, Gould
M: Steele, Walsh, Parish, Hunter, Bailey, JHF, Daicos, Callaghan - Valente, Hollands
R: Gawn, Darcy - some pleb
F: Duncan, Dunkley, Thomas, Butters, Rachelle, Stone - Rioli, Smith
U: another pleb

Currently loading with the more expensive rookies - at least on field - as it gives flexibility as practice sides and pre-season information comes in. If a cheaper player is "training the house down", it leaves me cash to spend elsewhere - rather than the reverse.

It's also important to note that this it the time I look at everyone else's side and say "Why does their side look better than mine ?"

Tell me more about 'some pleb'. Is he looking good for games this year?
I'm struggling for an R3 so I may pick him.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
R2 shaping up as a tricky spot to fill this year.
Until we see some preseason games it'll be a tough one.

Most would happily lock in Grundy or Gawn for R1. Not sure many will go with both this year as I wouldn't say it was make or break last year.

Darcy/Witts are the two most popular at this stage. I'd have Darcy ahead of Witts. Witts is a bit of a danger pick - hasn't shown much in a while and capable of 50-70s plus injury history. Darcy evolving into an elite ruckman. Injury history a concern but played through it really well last year.

The days of Gawndy might be over now.

I think it'll by Gruncy now. Or Darndy?

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Most would happily lock in Grundy or Gawn for R1. Not sure many will go with both this year as I wouldn't say it was make or break last year.

Darcy/Witts are the two most popular at this stage. I'd have Darcy ahead of Witts. Witts is a bit of a danger pick - hasn't shown much in a while and capable of 50-70s plus injury history. Darcy evolving into an elite ruckman. Injury history a concern but played through it really well last year.

I think ROB is actually decent value for that R2 position. Started the year underdone after a limited pre season or carrying an injury from memory but his second half the year was solid and went at about 95 and underpriced by about 10 pts.

Just can’t find the extra cash to get him into that spot without ripping apart my current lineup.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
This is what my team looks like when I think I might be a shot for the car this year.

Then I go and ruin it.
My sides looking great ......I just think, like AFL lists ...I should be able to go into the season 2 short

Now I have to ruin a great side just to make up the numbers

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
This may be the first time this has ever happened...but it's 24 hours in, and I don't want to change my side yet...wow!

M3 and M4 are basically up for grabs, as is D6, M8, R3, F4, F5 and D3 (Neale, Danger, Whit, Butters, Brodie, Hayes, McDonagh and Laurie). Have all of Oliver, Preuss, Stewart, Bowes, Milera, Cogs, Yeo, Serong, Rayner, Rachelle and Murley, in contention for aforementioned positions - which is a fairly basic short list, compared to seasons past.

Would love it if I could somehow leave it alone until JLT one, haha...but that's doubtful...

P.S. finally got around to screenshotting it, so it's easier to assess:

1640050266600.png

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC

Added to that, we might not have a rookie priced R3.
Hayes a possibility but I have played with Grundy, Witts and then Pruess at R3. Costs a lot but could be great cash generation

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Added to that, we might not have a rookie priced R3.
Hayes a possibility but I have played with Grundy, Witts and then Pruess at R3. Costs a lot but could be great cash generation
Hayes and/or Comben IMO ......Preuss could be a major disappointment to the Family .....the Fantasy Family that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back