EPL Matchday 18 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a stretch, pretty reasonable to expect that VAR be used consistently within the same game by the same VAR referee.

Don't think it's a stretch. If he's saying he wants objective refs that means he currently thinks the ref is being subjective i.e. not applying the laws consistently to both teams.

He is implying VAR be applied consistently and evenly over the course of a game. If he was questioning objectivity he wouod be citing examples from other games.
He did imply previous games..it’s personal…

“I just want an objective ref who sees the situation and judges them and not, like, has opinions. He told me he thinks Jota stops on purpose. It’s incredible. He had the best spot on the pitch, eight yards away, and doesn’t give it. I have no idea what his problem is with me.”

To be fair that's another rubbish justification. A player stopped on purpose so it's not a foul? So players aren't allowed to stop/slow down?

Quality of refereeing is worryingly bad.

He did imply previous games..it’s personal…

“I just want an objective ref who sees the situation and judges them and not, like, has opinions. He told me he thinks Jota stops on purpose. It’s incredible. He had the best spot on the pitch, eight yards away, and doesn’t give it. I have no idea what his problem is with me.”

There's a serious issue if the referee admits that there was a foul but isn't giving a penalty because a player "stops on purpose". In any case Jota did not stop and even if he did he is fully allowed to do that. Up to the opponent to not bowl them over from behind.

Suggesting that a ref has a particular problem with you is definitely questioning his integrity.

It's not the first time Klopp has suggested that decisions are being made for non genuine reasons either.

Surprised (not surprised) he hasn't been charged yet.

Suggesting that a ref has a particular problem with you is definitely questioning his integrity.

It's not the first time Klopp has suggested that decisions are being made for non genuine reasons either.

Surprised (not surprised) he hasn't been charged yet.

Its not like he congratulated all the referees sarcastically after the game for getting their decisions correct like other managers.

Its not like he congratulated all the referees sarcastically after the game for getting their decisions correct like other managers.
I presume you've dug back through your files to find an example of Pep doing something. Not sure if that has anything to do with what Klopp said about the ref after the game.

It sounds more along the lines of sarcastically bowing to the ref during the game though than accusing him of personal bias.

I presume you've dug back through your files to find an example of Pep doing something. Not sure if that has anything to do with what Klopp said about the ref after the game.

It sounds more along the lines of sarcastically bowing to the ref during the game though than accusing him of personal bias.

Why would you presume that?

moomba what happened here?

May be related to this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Klopp shouldnt go about it the way he did after that game but the thing is... he's right.

VAR have not looked at one obvious red but then asked Tierney to have a look at the Robbo incident. It's inconsistent. For the record, I think Robbo's was absolutely a red card. But Kane's was a nailed on red card too. Plus the explanation for why it wasnt a red is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Then the penalty is so obvious. VAR again doesnt ask Tierney to have a look. Then the explanation on why it wasnt given is again ridiculous. It's fine margins in football games and title races and the pressure to perform and win is gonna take a toll so I get why Klopp has acted the way he has.

Is he right to do so? No. But was any of those decisions by referee's on the day correct? No.

The whole thing is s**t. We just gotta put it behind us and move on and try to catch City.

I mean both the Kane red and the penalty were ******* obvious. It sure looked like cheating even though I know it's just incompetence.
Glad you can admit that's what klopp was suggesting, in which case he should have been punished severely.

Glad you can admit that's what klopp was suggesting, in which case he should have been punished severely.

Klopp has suggested that there is no good reason why the same VAR referee did not send Harry Kane red card incident for review but did for Robertson if they are both viewed objectively.

Thats a fair enough question to ask and also why the PL have found that he has done nothing wrong.

Klopp has suggested that there is no good reason why the same VAR referee did not send Harry Kane red card incident for review but did for Robertson if they are both viewed objectively.

Thats a fair enough question to ask and also why the PL have found that he has done nothing wrong.

As Jod acknowledged, there was a clear layer of subtext and suggestion though. When asking the VAR to be consistent and, more importantly, objective you are questioning the ref's integrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back