Society/Culture How do you promote a pest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

Tanuki gives a good insight into actually being an activist in Australia.
-A brief background of things like RebelNews.​
-A clear explanation of how grifters like Milo, Avi, Lauren, Andy, Kaitlin, Rushkan, Jeffrey Finley etc etc are successful time after time after time.​
-Touches on how actual activists are attacked from all 'sides', while these people often have a base protection at minimum, and both sides sometimes.​

The most important part is his explanation of how to interact with these people. Because too many well meaning 'leftists' are helping to create this problem.
A good quote from the video -"You aren't countering the pest, you're countering the camera of the pest"

There was a really good video essay about why Kaitlin Bennett never made it, and it was almost accidental but had the same important change.
She couldn't get her 'gotcha' footage, because they just asked her if she was the person who s**t herself at a party.

This all relates to Facebook, Twitter, BigFooty etc.

You're not replying to that poster, you're replying to the readers. That poster was never engaging in a conversation with you.

Below is a really good video essay about the 'right'. I suggest checking out the rest of the Innuendo Studios to anyone with 'an open mind'.
They've also made plenty of 'cringe content' you can call out. Yes you. You know you can't dispute or engage. Call out the thread title as well.

Tanuki gives a good insight into actually being an activist in Australia.
-A brief background of things like RebelNews.​
-A clear explanation of how grifters like Milo, Avi, Lauren, Andy, Kaitlin, Rushkan, Jeffrey Finley etc etc are successful time after time after time.​
-Touches on how actual activists are attacked from all 'sides', while these people often have a base protection at minimum, and both sides sometimes.​

The most important part is his explanation of how to interact with these people. Because too many well meaning 'leftists' are helping to create this problem.
A good quote from the video -"You aren't countering the pest, you're countering the camera of the pest"

There was a really good video essay about why Kaitlin Bennett never made it, and it was almost accidental but had the same important change.
She couldn't get her 'gotcha' footage, because they just asked her if she was the person who sh*t herself at a party.

This all relates to Facebook, Twitter, BigFooty etc.

You're not replying to that poster, you're replying to the readers. That poster was never engaging in a conversation with you.

Below is a really good video essay about the 'right'. I suggest checking out the rest of the Innuendo Studios to anyone with 'an open mind'.
They've also made plenty of 'cringe content' you can call out. Yes you. You know you can't dispute or engage. Call out the thread title as well.

The Alt Right Playbook is genuinely a terrific analysis on how these conversations in online spaces usually go.

I'm just so bored of people pretending the world isn't the way it is.
It's like his one on, I think, "The card says Moops".

You try to engage with someone and they make some absurd statement. We all know they don't actually believe that statement.
But... it's impossible to prove that they don't actually believe it.
And it doesn't matter how much you show their own previous clear contradictions, or any evidence you provide that they don't believe it. It doesn't matter... Because in this discussion they believe it, because it helps them 'win'.

Or, when they refuse to accept something that is obviously true based on a collection of evidence, because there isn't just one individual thing that proves it.
I don't know if that's very clear, so I'll make up an example.

Let's say, oh I don't know just something random.
Say there's a very prominent person who already has a collection of questionable statements or actions known publicly. And while each one individually can kind of be explained as a one off, or a simple misunderstanding. Collectively it's pretty clear he has certain views.
Again, just a random example, say this certain view involves racism.
So it's all waved away.
Then, as he is becoming even more prominent, he makes another statement or action that, on its own, can kiiind of be explained or put as a misunderstanding. And maybe this happens a few more times.
Everyone, if they were actually being honest, would agree that yes there should be at least some kind of concern about this person. But nope. Just more gaslighting.

Now imagine some years have passed, and there's been more actions and statements, and it's always waved away. Until, oh I don't know, what's some completely outreageous thing that could happen? I know.
Just imagine for a moment, that after some years passed and etc etc, that there is a huge assault launched on the United States Capitol Complex, and in that group is a ridiculous amount white supremacists listed in the FBI's Terrorist Screening Database...

At this point surely, surely, surely! Everyone has to admit that yeah... There some warning signs were warning signs. That, Yes, this prominent person does have some issues with racism.
Nope....

We still have to play this game and pretend that they actually believe what they're saying, because we-can't-prove-they-don't-believe-it.

Gethelred It's insane how far and how quickly we as a society, have drifted towards the 'far-right'.
Look at how many active threads on SRP are either packed full of promoting or disseminating dangerous Covid talking points. Or it's a thread about the 'left', the woke, the trans, the gays, the pronouns, blm, crt, the attack on 'free speech'.
I'm so bored of this game of pretend.

You try to engage with someone and they make some absurd statement. We all know they don't actually believe that statement.
And it doesn't matter how much you show their own previous clear contradictions, or any evidence you provide that they don't believe it. It doesn't matter... Because in this discussion they believe it, because it helps them 'win'.

Or, when they refuse to accept something that is obviously true based on a collection of evidence, because there isn't just one individual thing that proves it.

Say there's a very prominent person who already has a collection of questionable statements or actions known publicly. And while each one individually can kind of be explained as a one off, or a simple misunderstanding. Collectively it's pretty clear he has certain views.
So it's all waved away.
Then, as he is becoming even more prominent, he makes another statement or action that, on its own, can kiiind of be explained or put as a misunderstanding. And maybe this happens a few more times.
Everyone, if they were actually being honest, would agree that yes there should be at least some kind of concern about this person. But nope. Just more gaslighting.

Now imagine some years have passed, and there's been more actions and statements, and it's always waved away. Until, oh I don't know, what's some completely outreageous thing that could happen? I know.
Just imagine for a moment, that after some years passed and etc etc, that there is a huge assault launched on the United States Capitol Complex, and in that group is a ridiculous amount white supremacists listed in the FBI's Terrorist Screening Database...

At this point surely, surely, surely! Everyone has to admit that yeah... There some warning signs were warning signs. That, Yes, this prominent person does have some issues with racism.
Nope....

We still have to play this game and pretend that they actually believe what they're saying, because we-can't-prove-they-don't-believe-it.

Gethelred It's insane how far and how quickly we as a society, have drifted towards the 'far-right'.
Look at how many active threads on SRP are either packed full of promoting or disseminating dangerous Covid talking points. Or it's a thread about the 'left', the woke, the trans, the gays, the pronouns, blm, crt, the attack on 'free speech'.
An interesting point he raises is his point concerning the death of the political euphamism; how that is, quite naturally, what these are. The left doesn't really use euphemisms, even as the right tends to accuse them of it; that welfare equals handouts, that healthcare means higher tax, but the stupid thing is that if you ask us we're okay with paying higher tax and giving money to people who need it. We don't need to hide it, it's a cornerstone of our political thought and organisational theory.

The reality is, there are a lot of things that are needed to be disguised ('lipstick on a fascist pig') on the right; it's why, when someone tells you who they are or what they believe as far as politics is concerned, you need to believe them instead of letting them brush it off as being 'ironic'.

It's why it's kind of important to kick back against their appropriation of terms like 'woke' or their campaign to turn 'CRT' into a catchall for everything they hate; it exposes what's behind the euphemism.

An interesting point he raises is his point concerning the death of the political euphamism; how that is, quite naturally, what these are. The left doesn't really use euphemisms, even as the right tends to accuse them of it; that welfare equals handouts, that healthcare means higher tax, but the stupid thing is that if you ask us we're okay with paying higher tax and giving money to people who need it. We don't need to hide it, it's a cornerstone of our political thought and organisational theory.

The reality is, there are a lot of things that are needed to be disguised ('lipstick on a fascist pig') on the right; it's why, when someone tells you who they are or what they believe as far as politics is concerned, you need to believe them instead of letting them brush it off as being 'ironic'.

It's why it's kind of important to kick back against their appropriation of terms like 'woke' or their campaign to turn 'CRT' into a catchall for everything they hate; it exposes what's behind the euphemism.
Just more pretending.
The main superstar of CRT... has outright said what he's actually doing, and how to do it. And we still pretend.

I'm way past bored. If these far righties had the actual courage of their convictions enough to actually engage in intelligent debate about the direction and eventual future of the society they seek to shape eventually it will become obvious that all of their drive will come from division. Exclusion. Cutting out. Killing when the excluded and the wronged seek to assert themselves.

They are termites wanting to make our society and our humanity brittle enough to break. Termites.

I'm way past bored. If these far righties had the actual courage of their convictions enough to actually engage in intelligent debate about the direction and eventual future of the society they seek to shape eventually it will become obvious that all of their drive will come from division. Exclusion. Cutting out. Killing when the excluded and the wronged seek to assert themselves.

They are termites wanting to make our society and our humanity brittle enough to break. Termites.
Oh yeah. It's why their positions and arguments are so easy to disassemble.
It's like a red flag to a bull for people 'on the left'. We love to destroy stupid arguments.
But it doesn't matter, because they don't care that their argument is destroyed, as they never believed in it anyway.

6:40 timestamp - "The liberal fantasy of putting someone in their place.

Arguing with an openly racist person is actually more difficult. Because they genuinely believe in their position, and have spent a lot of time thinking about it, researching it, and arguing it.

No one really wants to engage in a discussion with an openly racist person, because they're horrible human beings. So when they make a point, it isn't disassembled, they're just called out as the racist trash that they are.
And that normalises them.
Because now they're in the same group as all the other hidden racists, accidental racists, idiots and boofheads.

So these statements are left almost unchallenged.

And part of that is the assumption that it's so obviously bad/wrong/incorrect that it doesn't need to be explained. But we're shifting more and more to accepting these areas of though.

There's no such thing as an honest anti-vaxxer.

Imagine explaining the dangers of alcoholism to someone, and they point at someone who’s been drinking for a week who hasn't shown any negative medical conditions as evidence that all the existing research is wrong.
And then they use that example to suggest it might even be better for you.
It doesn't happen. So why do anti-vaxxers get away with it?

Why do we pretend that their word means anything? Why do we accept the gaslighting?
We can see, hear and read what's actually happening.
They are making historically anti-vaccination arguments, while telling us they're not anti-vax. They create a new name for it, and insist we address them through it.
When there is such divergence between reality and what they claim reality is, why play their game?

They state that their movement isn’t anti-vax, but anti-mandate, while people walk around with signs saying “Anti-vax and proud”.
They say that it’s ridiculous to try and link their 'movement' to the death threats to elected officials and their families, then they spend the rest of the time talking about how they deserve it because they’ve been threatening the lives of millions of families and children.
'Of course I don't condone it, but what did they expect would happen?'.
The louder the violent threats become, the more offended they become that anyone would suggest there is any link.
These people aren't "anti-mandate", they are anti-vax. They're fiercely anti-intellectual, and they're dangerous.

Look how easily known reality became muddied and confused.
How did we forget risk factors?
Pre-existing conditions. Where do you start with such stupidity?
Pretending it's some kind of scam that Covid is being 'blamed' for deaths, when people were sick before Covid.
Before Covid19 we all understood that people with pre-existing conditions are more at risk in general.

Or the desire to look at things "right now", to prove that the future predictions/modelling by experts are wrong.
Very few situations in health happen overnight or even over months. It’s normally a slow deterioration over a significant period of time.
But this is forgotten and ignored by the anti-vax cohort.
“This location has been letting it rip for a week, and they have less infections than us in lockdown!!!!”. Then after a realistic period of time, s**t hits the fan, and they don't seem to want to talk about those locations anymore.

They've always stated their opposition to quotas, or gender targets, etc, claiming it's equality of outcome, instead of equality of opportunity.
Now they are demanding equality of outcome.
The anti-vax movement has helped grow the insanity of desperate support/defence for the 'far right'.

So it's all waved away.

Nope....

Dangerous covid talking points are coming just as much from the far left as the far right. why do you think byron bay is the anti vaccination capital of australia?

Oh yeah. It's why their positions and arguments are so easy to disassemble.
It's like a red flag to a bull for people 'on the left'. We love to destroy stupid arguments.
But it doesn't matter, because they don't care that their argument is destroyed, as they never believed in it anyway.

6:40 timestamp - "The liberal fantasy of putting someone in their place.

Arguing with an openly racist person is actually more difficult. Because they genuinely believe in their position, and have spent a lot of time thinking about it, researching it, and arguing it.

No one really wants to engage in a discussion with an openly racist person, because they're horrible human beings. So when they make a point, it isn't disassembled, they're just called out as the racist trash that they are.
And that normalises them.
Because now they're in the same group as all the other hidden racists, accidental racists, idiots and boofheads.

So these statements are left almost unchallenged.

And part of that is the assumption that it's so obviously bad/wrong/incorrect that it doesn't need to be explained. But we're shifting more and more to accepting these areas of though.

Its not more difficult. you just have to engage. Its the not engaging part that is the problem.

Please dont dehumanise. Never call a group of people termites no matter how much you disagree with them. This is what leads to genocide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please dont dehumanise. Never call a group of people termites no matter how much you disagree with them. This is what leads to genocide.
You hypocrite lmao.

You say it's fine to use the n-word to describe people because it's 'just a word' but you're against calling people termites because it dehumanises them? Isn't termite just a word?

Has there ever been a less consistent poster on Bigfooty?

You hypocrite lmao.

You say it's fine to use the n-word to describe people because it's 'just a word' but you're against calling people termites because it dehumanises them? Isn't termite just a word?

Cos ones a dehumanising word and the other isnt. You never call a group of people an animal or pest or disease. As it makes people think of that group as sub human. The n word is a human simplfying word. It defines a person by a trait. In this case the colour of their skin. Not a nice thing to do but it doesnt make you think of them as a animal or pest thats sub human and worthy of extermination.

Last edited:
Cos ones a dehumanising word and the other isnt. You never call a group of people an animal or pest or disease. As it makes people think of that group as sub human. The n word is a human simplfying word. It defines a person by a trait. In this case the colour of their skin. Not a nice thing to do but it doesnt make you think of them as a animal or pest thats sub human and worthy of extermination.

And in the end, the people who were and are still called that particular N word were in fact exactly the ones treated like animals and pests. Imagine that?

And in the end, the people who were and are still called that particular N word were in fact exactly the ones treated like animals and pests. Imagine that?
Cos they were called monkeys and vermin and more importantly were literally kept as slaves in chains. The ultimate form of dehumanisation.

the reason the N word is despised so much is due to association. Its not what it actually meant or implied. Its a period that it is associated with and the terrible treatment that occured at that time. And people have become confused between the two.

notice how african americans sometimes use the N word as a phrase for each other today? Well they never call each other monkeys, rats or pests. And thats cos the meaning of the N word isnt all that bad In comparison to the dehumanising words. You can strip words of association. You cant strip them of literal meaning.

note i would never use the word personally. I dont believe we should label someone by their skin colour (and i would never speak spanish). But dehumanisation words are worse.

words are labels for things and nothing more. There is no power to words beyond the thing they describe. But describing a group of people as a sub human species or disease is as bad a descriptiom as you can use.

Last edited:
You hypocrite lmao.

It's a bit of a pisser that I thought you were exaggerating but he then jumps in and confirms exactly what you said he thought.

No, of course not. You're just justifying its use for the sake of...?
I'm not justifying it's use at all. I'm against its use ffs which I typed. The fact you just posted that shows you don't even read posts.

What you are justifying is the use of the word pest to describe a group of people which is even worse. All of you should be carded and given a week off for accepting and supporting the dehumunisation of a group of people. Disgraceful behaviour. Not acceptable in a modern society.

Last edited:
I'm not justifying it's use at all. I'm against its use ffs which I typed. The fact you just posted that shows you don't even read posts.

What you are justifying is the use of the word pest to describe a group of people which is even worse. All of you should be carded and given a week off for accepting and supporting the dehumunisation of a group of people. Disgraceful behaviour. Not acceptable in a modern society.
You can hit the report button

Remove this Banner Ad

Back