Movie Marvel Studios: Spiderman - No Way Home (16 December 2021) USE SPOILER TAGS

Garfield was loving every second. Maguire has been out of the acting game for a while and it showed a bit.

The villains were all great. I was wondering what the explanation for Max Dillon’s different appearance would be and there was nothing more than a passing reference from another villain. Reckon Foxx basically said ‘Look, I’m in but I won’t be blue and I’m just turning up looking like this.’

I think for Electro they just went for the Dr Manhatten trick: he was becoming pure energy and could reform himself as he saw fit.

Wasn't too worried about Maguires acting, they clearly had him as a much older Parker than he was in Spiderman 3, he's had a family and probably coping with the ptsd of all his experience fighting for his life.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First thing I'll say is I loved the movie, audience was right in to it and cheering and gasping the whole way through which added to the experience. I did think the whole 'finding a cure' for all the villains in what took no time at all was a little convenient though. I'm glad May died, although I will miss seeing Marisa Tomei in the next one (she's still smokin' hot), but the trilogy was due for some real consequences and some serious themes.

Can anyone else see Ned remembering their secret handshake as the catalyst for him believing Peter in the next one? Maybe some muscle memory thing would explain it...

First thing I'll say is I loved the movie, audience was right in to it and cheering and gasping the whole way through which added to the experience. I did think the whole 'finding a cure' for all the villains in what took no time at all was a little convenient though. I'm glad May died, although I will miss seeing Marisa Tomei in the next one (she's still smokin' hot), but the trilogy was due for some real consequences and some serious themes.

Can anyone else see Ned remembering their secret handshake as the catalyst for him believing Peter in the next one? Maybe some muscle memory thing would explain it...

Agreed. It was all veery convenient wasn’t it. All the materials happened to be there

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agreed. It was all veery convenient wasn’t it. All the materials happened to be there
They obviously had a huge task pulling so many threads together, but there were a few ludicrous aspects to the plot.

Pretty much everything that happened was the result of a ridiculous decision.

- Strange casting the spell at all, which affects every person on earth
- Peter repeatedly interfering with it
- locking Strange up
- deciding to try to ‘save’ these people who very clearly want Spider-man dead when you could send them back any point

And yes, the creation of the cures in one lab session was absurd.

Still really enjoyed it. Just suspect I’ll roll my eyes at a few things on a second viewing.

It’s a super hero movie guys, if you wander down the path of what was unbelievable it will never end.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s a super hero movie guys, if you wander down the path of what was unbelievable it will never end.
Yes, I realise people can't make dimension holes and swing around cities with webs. Like I said I loved it and I can turn a blind eye to it all, I just think there could have been a better solution somehow if they gave it a bit more thought.

Ive seen a lot of people talk about the chemistry between 3 peter parkers. It was kinda amazing when u think about it. The actors worked so well together. Even that last hug didnt feel like Peter thanking the others it felt like Tom thanking Tobey and Andrew for being in the movie or the experiemce they just had. Im keen to see them do actual press for the movie in a couple weeks. Im assuming they will

They obviously had a huge task pulling so many threads together, but there were a few ludicrous aspects to the plot.

Pretty much everything that happened was the result of a ridiculous decision.

- Strange casting the spell at all, which affects every person on earth
- Peter repeatedly interfering with it
- locking Strange up
- deciding to try to ‘save’ these people who very clearly want Spider-man dead when you could send them back any point

And yes, the creation of the cures in one lab session was absurd.

Still really enjoyed it. Just suspect I’ll roll my eyes at a few things on a second viewing.

Movie tropes!

Great film.

I'm not much for superhero films anymore, but this was really entertaining.

It also confirms my belief that Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man.

His acting was on another tier, and his reaction after catching MJ and asking if she was okay was heartbreaking.

Great film.

I'm not much for superhero films anymore, but this was really entertaining.

It also confirms my belief that Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man.

His acting was on another tier, and his reaction after catching MJ and asking if she was okay was heartbreaking.

aka
cry-derman haha :D

Saw this on Saturday.

Thought it started a bit slowly but once it got going boy did it get going.

******* awesome. Can't wait to see it again.

My jaw is still sore from hitting the floor when Andrew Garfield came through the portal. Knew it was coming but still...******* wow

Garfield and Tobey were perfect. The chemistry between the three of them was awesome. They really pulled it off.

Almost screamed when they referenced a black Spiderman. If Miles came through a portal I would have lost my s**t.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The backstory of the production will be pretty interesting if it comes out.

Script had to undergo an overhaul after it was moved from after to before DS2, and it seems pretty obvious Ifans and Hayden Church weren’t physically present. The only shots of them seem to have been taken from their other films and Sandman was always in sand form, possibly because the actor couldn’t be easily deaged or couldn’t be there.

Also suspect there was at one point meant to be a sixth. Speculation online was Giamatti was intended to be Rhino but couldn’t do it.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Ive seen a lot of people talk about the chemistry between 3 peter parkers. It was kinda amazing when u think about it. The actors worked so well together. Even that last hug didnt feel like Peter thanking the others it felt like Tom thanking Tobey and Andrew for being in the movie or the experiemce they just had. Im keen to see them do actual press for the movie in a couple weeks. Im assuming they will

I’m of the view that after the first 2 weeks or so, there’ll be a whole new phase of marketing for this. With new trailers/tv spots etc now that it’s all out there and yes, am hoping that includes some press/interviews/appearances etc.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
in terms of plot conveniences, yes it’s a valid point. This had plenty of them. It’s such an ambitious and emotional experience though that they can pull it off and get away with it.

When I do analyse it further though, there are some things that don’t really stand up to much scrutiny. Electro for example, did he know who was dealt Spider-Man? It’s been a while since I’ve seen Amazing Spider-Man 2, I don’t recall him know Peter’s true identity. He even said “I thought you were black”. So I’m not sure how exactly he came across the multiverse.

Anyway, still loved it.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
in terms of plot conveniences, yes it’s a valid point. This had plenty of them. It’s such an ambitious and emotional experience though that they can pull it off and get away with it.

When I do analyse it further though, there are some things that don’t really stand up to much scrutiny. Electro for example, did he know who was dealt Spider-Man? It’s been a while since I’ve seen Amazing Spider-Man 2, I don’t recall him know Peter’s true identity. He even said “I thought you were black”. So I’m not sure how exactly he came across the multiverse.

Anyway, still loved it.
There are a few things like that.

Do all of the videos and photos etc of Peter Parker now just disappear? Is he still in his school year book for example? How do people reconcile any records of him with the fact no one remembers him, or if there are no records of him at all, how does he get a uni place and an apartment?

With the villains, now that they’re all fixed up, does Green Goblin for example go back and not fight Peter and live? Then Harry and Peter stay pals?

And does that affect the NWH Maguire-Parker’s past, and therefore change him, or is it a new timeline?

Does Doc Ock just die anyway, given he found out his identity just as his machine went nuts, and that’s the point he was presumably going back to.

Obviously the details don’t bear a whole lot of scrutiny, so I guess it’s just suspension of disbelief…

Did anyone else catch the homage to The Dark Knight. The bit during the interrogation when Bruce is punching Joker and he just laughs and says "you have nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength". In this Peter is punching Goblin who then laughs also but shortly before he said to him "strong enough to have it all, to weak to take it."

Ill give credit to Tom for the way he was selling his punches in the fights with Goblin, it really looked like he was putting his all into them

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone else catch the homage to The Dark Knight. The bit during the interrogation when Bruce is punching Joker and he just laughs and says "you have nothing to threaten me with, nothing to do with all your strength". In this Peter is punching Goblin who then laughs also but shortly before he said to him "strong enough to have it all, to weak to take it."

Ill give credit to Tom for the way he was selling his punches in the fights with Goblin, it really looked like he was putting his all into them
The genuine fury that Parker was showing when he was beating Goblin at the end was superbly acted by Holland and was a refreshing take as we hadn't seen Holland's version with any type of darkness yet. Makes me very excited to see what is to come for Spider-Man.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Amazing box office numbers. Considering it’s still a pandemic. I imagine that it’s heavily front loaded though, people would’ve been keen to see this as early as possible so as to not be spoiled later on. I imagine there’s going to be quite a drop off in week 2 and 3 etc.

Amazing box office numbers. Considering it’s still a pandemic. I imagine that it’s heavily front loaded though, people would’ve been keen to see this as early as possible so as to not be spoiled later on. I imagine there’s going to be quite a drop off in week 2 and 3 etc.

Maybe, but I think a lot of people will be going for second and third watches!

I expect it to hold up ok, particularly if they launch an advertising blitz with some of the spoiler content soon - there would be plenty of people that had no idea it was coming, not everyone trawls message board rumours.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Maybe, but I think a lot of people will be going for second and third watches!

Absolutely. Am really keen to see it again ASAP. So many bits of dialogue here and there that I missed because people were losing their s**t in the theatre, I couldn’t hear anything haha.

Back