News Swans Confirm Covid Cases

Remove this Banner Ad

Press release

SYDNEY SWANS CONFIRM COVID CASES
The Sydney Swans can confirm some members of the football department, including players, have tested positive for Covid-19 during their leave period.

All affected players and staff are double vaccinated and all report to be in good health.

The Club’s primary concern is for the health and safety of all players, staff and their families.

All positive cases are adhering to relevant State Government health directives.

All members of the football program returned negative covid tests before their final training session of the year on Wednesday, December 15, in line with AFL protocols that includes weekly PCR testing, as well as regular rapid antigen testing.

Football department staff and players are due to return from leave on Thursday January 6, 2022.

Somehow both the best and worst possible timing. Minimal effects to their training and preparation at the club, but on a personal note, sucks they have to spend Christmas in iso.
That's the problem is their Xmas is stuffed , they will be okay . I posted it on the Corona thread with the NSW Gov having to bring back masks indoors

Somehow both the best and worst possible timing. Minimal effects to their training and preparation at the club, but on a personal note, sucks they have to spend Christmas in iso.

Worst timing, especially visiting friends/family. Assume the yo
I’m pretty sure Ryan Clarke was one of those.
And he Flew over to Melbourne the next day, saw him at the popular venue in Melbourne The Espy that night, amarty and Blakey too

will spread like wildfire

It's already spreading like wildfire

Worst timing, especially visiting friends/family. Assume the yo

It's already spreading like wildfire
No doubt
More so I mean spreading through the football playing community like wildfire

Clarke met up with his brother and essendon boys there that night draper, ham, Guelfi, caldwell etc

coincidentally all the hawks boys there that night also post whatever get together they had during the day

No doubt

Clarke met up with his brother and essendon boys there that night draper, ham, Guelfi, caldwell etc

coincidentally all the hawks boys there that night also post whatever get together they had during the day

Yea, think it'll be the norm. Already seeing with other sports, especially in the US. Squad depth will be key again this season with covid hanging around...

No doubt

My local pub had a barman who got it , he served me on 3 nights as he did many others , his live in girlfriend who works there , all tested , not 1 other person got it ! All fully vaccinated , we have to settle down . Wearing masks in retail has to happen .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is fine. They are vaxxed. It is the Xi strain even though they call it omicron.

Bad cold and carry on at worst.

This fear pr0n has to stop. More chance of being eaten by a shark or hit by a train.

Who really gives a s**t. Honestly. They now have natural immunity. Awesome as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, probably going to have to get used to news like this amongst the NSW and VIC teams.

I think the Government isnt going to do anything at this point.

The media are again driving this way above where it should be.
It was to be expected that the number of covid positive cases would increase once we fully opened up. People may say that we are 90% double dosed with vaccination but that leaves 10% who are not. 10% of the population of Sydney is almost 550K people.
The majority of people who get covid who are forced to go to hospital are those who are not vaccinated.
Those who are vaxxed may still get it yet only have mild symptoms but they will then pass it on to others. This won't change.
On the Melbourne news tonight, they again continued to sprout about omnicron and how quickly it spreads yet we had zero new cases of omnicron today and have a total number of active cases of 27. 27!!!
We have to live with this bloody thing and it would also help if people didn't rush off to get tested after waking up in the morning and having a sneeze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back