Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

On a seperate note , got to be a bit careful when watching the weigh ins these days.

One of the girls on the undercard strolls out , strips off into a tiny bikini to jump on the scales .
Ofcourse on cue , wife walks in quizzing what on earth Im watching .

' just watching the boxing' ......' yeah sure you are '

Not the biggest womens boxing fan in the world but they went pretty hard just now on the Gallen undercard. Given the lack of power not having many/any knockdowns i think it would really benefit from odd numbered rounds. Less draws that way, first one tonight was a draw and that was tough to score.

Too many rugby fights to bother streaming this main card but Olympian Harry Garside debuts for whoever is interested.

Not the biggest womens boxing fan in the world but they went pretty hard just now on the Gallen undercard. Given the lack of power not having many/any knockdowns i think it would really benefit from odd numbered rounds. Less draws that way, first one tonight was a draw and that was tough to score.

Too many rugby fights to bother streaming this main card but Olympian Harry Garside debuts for whoever is interested.
Interested to see how he goes in the pros , quick with fast hand speed .
Will he have enough power ? Not sure .

Interested to see how he goes in the pros , quick with fast hand speed .
Will he have enough power ? Not sure .
Cant judge him off amateurs, 3 rounds at lighter weights is rarely going to showcase power. I doubt he turns into a ko artist but might have a high ceiling. Theyre certainly putting promotional power behind him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, last couple years I thought the boxing promoter George Rose was different to the ex NRL player George Rose. Turns out it's the same bloke.
Never heard of him other than boxing. Was he a big money maker in NRL? I always assumed he was a front for some wealthy backers tbh, didnt expect he was fronting up millions for Tim fights himself

Never heard of him other than boxing. Was he a big money maker in NRL? I always assumed he was a front for some wealthy backers tbh, didnt expect he was fronting up millions for Tim fights himself
Nah, he was a run of the mill forward in league. Probably carried a few more kegs than he should have.

Life after footy has been kind to his bank account too it seems.

1640167202750.png

Big.
He has said he wants it at Etihad.
Huge Greek community in Melbourne.
Unfortunately cant see that being possible now. AFL wont give up a round of footy for the event to take place and the fight surely has to open before next October...

Not to mention our ridiculous quarantine rules. No fighter is going to come here before a title shot and sit in a room for 14 days. Just isnt feasible

Hope im wrong (ill fly wherever to see live if i am) but bloody unlikely imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back