Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who dis then?

268607002_10159520196277487_318260639732392666_n.jpg

Sam Walsh’s daddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if Marra developed into a tall midfielder...

He's on the record stating he wants to play there.
Played as a mid for Rebels and in the under 18s showcase game
Didnt look out of place

Imagine if Marra developed into a tall midfielder...

He's on the record stating he wants to play there.
Maybe he could play the 'striker' role that fox footy kept on bashing home for most of 2021.

During the cricket commentary it was mentioned that many players avoid social media like the plague.
And many don’t

it’s like saying some people don’t drink

im not suggesting it wouldn’t be a good thing but it’s an inherent part of society now.

Better off help them understand that their worth and self esteem should not be dependent on acceptance by social media. Like everything social media has it’s good and bad aspects but mental health issues are rarely created by social media they may be aggravated by it but they are not the cause.

Alcohol and other mind altering substances is a "challenge" to ignore for (especially) younger generations with the means too...

Possibly an extreme example, but different things can be different "challenges" for different people.

I'm not in my mid 20's either, and I do understand that there's a financial aspect, but on the surface at least it's pretty clear that the best way to avoid public scrutiny is to stop throwing yourself out there [to be liked, to be judged.]

You can break down social media in as many ways as you can think of, but the bottom line will always be the same.
Ego. (for individuals at least)

Ego in sharing your life/moment/6 pack. [and the applied to absolutely everyone, not just your 'celeb' types.]
And ego in the amount of followers.

The whole point is that it can be an unhealthy addiction, just like anything else can.

So while I obviously hope (and I'm sure there is) a high level of support from the Club, I would hope there's also a fair amount of education the mental health aspects of becoming excessively accessible to the random public.
Yep I understand all that and not to repeat myself too much as I respondEd to another poster my point is that it’s not the underlying cause and someone desperately seeking reinforcement or acceptance will still have that need whether in social media or not

its a common misconception with mental health issues that popular opinion blame the tools like social media rather than look to and address the underlying issues and you are right to mention ego as it plays a big part but you need to address that as an issue not blame social or any other media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back