• Poll closed .
Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
David Palm.
Picked him because he was a favorite player of mine.
View attachment 1300236

Capable of playing as a defender, centreman or on-baller David Palm was recruited by Norwood from Kensington Gardens in 1974 and made his way steadily up the ranks before making his senior debut midway through the 1976 season. He ended up playing 65 SANFL games and kicking 79 goals for the club with his biggest disappointment coming in 1978 when he failed to achieve selection for the Redlegs’ ultimately winning grand final clash with Sturt. Instead, he played for the reserves, who downed West Adelaide in their grand final.

The 1980 season saw Palm crossing the Nullarbor to join West Perth where he produced some excellent football over the course of a three season stint, attracting the notice of Richmond among others. He ended up joining the Tigers to whom he gave excellent service in 104 VFL games (kicking 38 goals) between 1983 and 1988. A rugged, straight ahead type of player who typically used the ball extremely well he was highly regarded at Punt Road and was a virtual ever present in the senior team.

In 1989 Palm was appointed as an assistant coach at Springvale in the VFA where he played 17 senior games and registered 15 goals. He was also selected to represent the victorious Association at the NFL division two carnival in Hobart.

David Palm finished his career with a two season stint back at West Perth, taking his final tally of games with the club to 91 and the number of goals kicked to 50. He won the Falcons’ fairest and best award in 1990 the same season that saw him represent the West Australian state league representative team. In his final season he served as club skipper.

richoatthedisco
blast from the past. Wowee I'd almost forgotten him. He just lacked a yard in pace, but was a tough nut.

richard parker

The Killer Bees
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Richard Parker's Team
B: Martin Bolger - Scott Turner - Nathan Broad
HB: Basil McCormack - Dave Cuzens - Liam Baker
C: Henry Colden Harrison - Trent Cotchin - Allan Geddes
HF: Brett Deledio - Michael Pickering - Sydney Stack
F: Billy Brown - Jeff Hogg - Maurie Hunter
Fol: Toby Nankervis - Wayne Campbell - Shane Edwards
IC: N.Crowe - Peter "Whoosa" Welsh - Bill Cosgrove - Sel Murray

Martin Bolger: 185 games, 2 goals, 2 premierships, 1 B&F, HOF
Scott Turner: 144 games, 33 goals
Nathan Broad: 84 games, 1 goal, 3 premierships
Basil McCormack 199 games, 1 goal, 2 premierships, 2 seasons vice captain, 2 B&F, TotC, HOF
Dave Cuzens: 69 games, 2 goals, 2 B&F
Liam Baker: 64 games, 17 goals, 2 premierships
H.C.A. Harrison: unknown games and goals, 1 or 2 seasons captain, Sport Australia HOF
Trent Cotchin: 268 games, 129 goals, 1 Brownlow, 3 B&F, 3 premierships, 9 seasons captain, AFLCA Player of the Year, 1 All Australian
Allan Geddes: 182 games, 14 goals, 2 premierships, 3 seasons captain, 1 B&F, HOF
Brett Deledio: 243 games, 182 goals, AFL Rising Star winner, 1 Yiooken, 2 B&F, vice captain 4 seasons, 2 All Australian, 1 international rep
Michael Pickering: 136 games, 160 goals, 1 B&F
Sydney Stack: 33 games, 14 goals
Billy Brown: 130 games, 124 goals, 2 premierships
Jeff Hogg: 144 games, 306 goals, 1 season captain, 5 Michael Roach medals
Maurie Hunter: 81 games, 159 goals, 1 premiership, 1 season captain
Toby Nankervis: 86 games, 26 goals, 3 premierships
Wayne Campbell: 297 games, 172 goals, HOF, 4 seasons captain, 4 B&F, 2 All Australian
Shane Edwards: 281 games, 174 goals, 3 premierships, 1 All Australian, 1 Yiooken
Neville Crowe: 150 games, 84 goals, 4 seasons captain, 3 B&F, 1 All Australian, HOF
Peter Welsh: 46 games, 45 goals
Bill Cosgrove: 3 games, 0 goals
Sel Murray: 13 games, 50 goals

Totals
Games: 2838
Goals: 1695
Premierships: 23
B&Fs: 19
Brownlows: 1
Richmond Hall of Fame members: 5
Team of the Century members: 1
All Australian: 5 players for 7 seasons participation
Captains: 7
Total seasons of captaincy: 23
Vice-captains: 2
Total seasons of vice captains: 5
Sport Australia Hall of Fame members: 1
AFL Rising Star winners: 1
Yiooken medals: 2

My games total and goals total is a bit low because I have a number of young and current players and I also couldn't resist selecting interesting players and cult figures like HCA Harrison, Peter Welsh, Sydney Stack, Bill Cosgrove. I think it is a balanced team that may not have quite the historical clout and accolades of some of the other teams selected but is chock full of top-shelf talent. A midfield rotation of Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards, Wayne Campbell, Bill Brown, Henry C.A. Harrison, Nankervis, Neville Crowe, with cameos from Liam Baker and Sydney Stack goes alright.
Also, I think it will age nicely because the awards and accolades for players like Cotchin, Edwards, Nankervis, even Deledio and other young current players will keep flowing in over the years. Possibly the standout feature of my team is the amount of leadership. Seven captains for a total of 23 seasons captained is a lot. 23 flags not bad either. Anyways, thanks guys, that was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
good effort from everyone involved.

i would have loved to have seen Allan (butch) Edwards get a start was a star in his first 80 odd games before he done his knee

Honestly had him written down for HFF role next to Paddy for quite a while (was my last position picked too), re-read his bio and other background a few times. Just couldn't make that call - went close on the bench too but thought George Bayliss had a better record (and even promoted George to FF and put Ricky on the bench -figured he can always run on the ground to snot someone)

Another I love and had on my fwds list was Bomber James. Probably lacked a little opportunity and who knows how good he could have been too. Would have liked him in FP but again just thought Rob Bawden as a resting Ruck was a better option with his role of back up ruck to none other than Jack Dyer and a more than handy 107 goals from 107 games and actually played FF in the 43 Premiership. Bit of a no-brainer really.

I think a lot of the "Drafters" put a reasonable amount of time and reasoning in their selections, or non-selections, as the case may be.

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
Wacky Tiger has the best team because he drafted Jack Graham.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Richard Parker's Team
B: Martin Bolger - Scott Turner - Nathan Broad
HB: Basil McCormack - Dave Cuzens - Liam Baker
C: Henry Colden Harrison - Trent Cotchin - Allan Geddes
HF: Brett Deledio - Michael Pickering - Sydney Stack
F: Billy Brown - Jeff Hogg - Maurie Hunter
Fol: Toby Nankervis - Wayne Campbell - Shane Edwards
IC: N.Crowe - Peter "Whoosa" Welsh - Bill Cosgrove - Sel Murray

Martin Bolger: 185 games, 2 goals, 2 premierships, 1 B&F, HOF
Scott Turner: 144 games, 33 goals
Nathan Broad: 84 games, 1 goal, 3 premierships
Basil McCormack 199 games, 1 goal, 2 premierships, 2 seasons vice captain, 2 B&F, TotC, HOF
Dave Cuzens: 69 games, 2 goals, 2 B&F
Liam Baker: 64 games, 17 goals, 2 premierships
H.C.A. Harrison: unknown games and goals, 1 or 2 seasons captain, Sport Australia HOF
Trent Cotchin: 268 games, 129 goals, 1 Brownlow, 3 B&F, 3 premierships, 9 seasons captain, AFLCA Player of the Year, 1 All Australian
Allan Geddes: 182 games, 14 goals, 2 premierships, 3 seasons captain, 1 B&F, HOF
Brett Deledio: 243 games, 182 goals, AFL Rising Star winner, 1 Yiooken, 2 B&F, vice captain 4 seasons, 2 All Australian, 1 international rep
Michael Pickering: 136 games, 160 goals, 1 B&F
Sydney Stack: 33 games, 14 goals
Billy Brown: 130 games, 124 goals, 2 premierships
Jeff Hogg: 144 games, 306 goals, 1 season captain, 5 Michael Roach medals
Maurie Hunter: 81 games, 159 goals, 1 premiership, 1 season captain
Toby Nankervis: 86 games, 26 goals, 3 premierships
Wayne Campbell: 297 games, 172 goals, HOF, 4 seasons captain, 4 B&F, 2 All Australian
Shane Edwards: 281 games, 174 goals, 3 premierships, 1 All Australian, 1 Yiooken
Neville Crowe: 150 games, 84 goals, 4 seasons captain, 3 B&F, 1 All Australian, HOF
Peter Welsh: 46 games, 45 goals
Bill Cosgrove: 3 games, 0 goals
Sel Murray: 13 games, 50 goals

Totals
Games: 2838
Goals: 1695
Premierships: 23
B&Fs: 19
Brownlows: 1
Richmond Hall of Fame members: 5
Team of the Century members: 1
All Australian: 5 players for 7 seasons participation
Captains: 7
Total seasons of captaincy: 23
Vice-captains: 2
Total seasons of vice captains: 5
Sport Australia Hall of Fame members: 1
AFL Rising Star winners: 1
Yiooken medals: 2

My games total and goals total is a bit low because I have a number of young and current players and I also couldn't resist selecting interesting players and cult figures like HCA Harrison, Peter Welsh, Sydney Stack, Bill Cosgrove. I think it is a balanced team that may not have quite the historical clout and accolades of some of the other teams selected but is chock full of top-shelf talent. A midfield rotation of Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards, Wayne Campbell, Bill Brown, Henry C.A. Harrison, Nankervis, Neville Crowe, with cameos from Liam Baker and Sydney Stack goes alright.
Also, I think it will age nicely because the awards and accolades for players like Cotchin, Edwards, Nankervis, even Deledio and other young current players will keep flowing in over the years. Possibly the standout feature of my team is the amount of leadership. Seven captains for a total of 23 seasons captained is a lot. 23 flags not bad either. Anyways, thanks guys, that was a lot of fun.
You have my vote...❤

Honestly had him written down for HFF role next to Paddy for quite a while (was my last position picked too), re-read his bio and other background a few times. Just couldn't make that call - went close on the bench too but thought George Bayliss had a better record (and even promoted George to FF and put Ricky on the bench -figured he can always run on the ground to snot someone)

Another I love and had on my fwds list was Bomber James. Probably lacked a little opportunity and who knows how good he could have been too. Would have liked him in FP but again just thought Rob Bawden as a resting Ruck was a better option with his role of back up ruck to none other than Jack Dyer and a more than handy 107 goals from 107 games and actually played FF in the 43 Premiership. Bit of a no-brainer really.

I think a lot of the "Drafters" put a reasonable amount of time and reasoning in their selections, or non-selections, as the case may be.

all good you blokes did a great job, it wasn't meant to be a rebuke he just was a favorite i was gutted when we sold him

all good you blokes did a great job, it wasn't meant to be a rebuke he just was a favorite i was gutted when we sold him

Rebuke not taken - just feedback

Votes for best team given by each selector:

Wacky Tiger
3. PB74
2. ratd
1. RT

richoatthedisco
3. Phar Ace
2. Barunga Bullet
1. Richard Parker

Tiger_of_Old
3. PB74
2. Tiger Tough
1. Barunga Bullet

Barunga Bullet
3. Tiger Tough
2. ratd
1. Wacky Tiger

Richard Parker
3. Tiger Tough
2. ratd
1. Phar Ace

Peter Buch 74
3. Wacky Tiger
2. Tiger Tough
1. Barunga Bullet

RT
3. ratd
2. Phar Ace
1. Barunga Bullet

Phar Ace
3. RT
2. Barunga Bullet
1. Wacky Tiger

Tiger Tough
3. RT
2. ratd
1. Wacky Tiger

Final Totals
11. richoatthedisco
10. tiger_tough
7. RT Barunga Bullet
6. peterbuch74 Phar Ace
5. Wacky Tiger
1. richard parker

richard parker votes still to be cast

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Might have to do a carltoon towards richard parker for a vote or 3.
1640483867445.png

Congratulations to richoatthedisco on being voted the best team.

I'd like to thank all of you for participating in this thread, it was great to read about some of the players that not many of us would have known about without doing research for our teams. Hopefully it has given others a bit of a opportunity to also look into some of them for their own knowledge.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

I'd like to thank all of you for participating in this thread, it was great to read about some of the players that not many of us would have known about without doing research for our teams. Hopefully it has given others a bit of a opportunity to also look into some of them for their own knowledge.
David Tennant What GIF by Doctor Who - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Congratulations richoatthedisco
Must be noted half his side was made up by those who i deliberately let slide. :D

Back