Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah, the AFL sent me a WatchAFL.com.au voucher for my 2022 Cats membership last night.

Registration works out just fine, so that part is good. Can watch shows and match replays on their website, no problem.

Their Android app is a little goofy, but I can live with it. The sucky part is that they don't have an app colored for "Android TV," so we can't play it directly on our nice Sony TV. I can use Chromecast but that means I have to keep a phone or tablet around to drive it.

I guess I'll find out how well it works live when the AFLW starts up in January.
laptop with screen sharing also works -same theory I know -i just go HDMI right into the TV

GO Catters

laptop with screen sharing also works -same theory I know -i just go HDMI right into the TV

Yeah, I also have an HTPC connected to the TV, so can also use the website directly. Just nowhere near as handy as using the TV remote directly.

The reason for the season...

15464596034_925ed1d0e1_z.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else getting these annoying af texts about deliveries. /deliveries i dont have and am not expecting
No for me, but my mum did

It's scammers - all I do is delete

Obviously it's scammers...

******* pissing me off, at least you can totally ignore phone calls.
Can you block the numbers?

they stopped for me when i hopped on the dnc register

Looking forward to work next week. We have a program at work where if someone has been in our hardship program for over a year and have been making all their payments which cover their ongoing gas or electricity costs, we will waive their overdue balance. Next week we'll all be allocated an hour to call the customers involved and tell them the good news that their ongoing debt has been waived.

There's about 800 accounts all up, and the largest balance we'll be waiving is over $19k.

I'm expecting there'll be either a lot of tears of joy, or a lot of people claiming it's all a massive fraud. Hopefully more of the former.

Loving making these calls at the moment. We were originally rostered on for an hour each, but I've been rostered on to do outbound this week, so once we've finished calling customers who had requested a call back, we're getting stuck into trying to call the customers who we've waived debts for. Not only that, but I put in for a couple of hours of OT so I can help contact more customers. :) Today I spent about 5 hours calling customers and telling them the good news.

Most of them have been appreciative, a few have said I've made their Christmas, but I had to laugh at one I called yesterday who seemed to think I wasn't on the level, said "Nah, don't worry about it" and hung up. I wonder if that means I can add the debt back onto his account...

Loving making these calls at the moment. We were originally rostered on for an hour each, but I've been rostered on to do outbound this week, so once we've finished calling customers who had requested a call back, we're getting stuck into trying to call the customers who we've waived debts for. Not only that, but I put in for a couple of hours of OT so I can help contact more customers. :) Today I spent about 5 hours calling customers and telling them the good news.

Most of them have been appreciative, a few have said I've made their Christmas, but I had to laugh at one I called yesterday who seemed to think I wasn't on the level, said "Nah, don't worry about it" and hung up. I wonder if that means I can add the debt back onto his account...

I'd say.... yes. :thumbsupv1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back