Capitalist Corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

You not wanting to debate something does not mean it is not up for debate. You not being able to even intellectualise the concept that how you see the universe is incorrect is not my issue.

You keep saying that I'm not stating your position correctly, before restating what I'm saying your position is. The words you've substituted from my post don't change the meaning, they simply make you feel better about your position.

Blame being negative and focussed on the accuser; accountable being strong, and focussed on the accused.

So you want to continue to assume my position, when I clearly stated this not what the thread is about.

Was happy to discuss the thread, but you have an unhealthy obsession with me pointing out the obvious and then making blunt assumptions on my position and thinking.

Get off ya high horse, take a humble pill.

We're done here mate, on ignore you go

Mods FYI

So you want to continue to assume my position, when I clearly stated this not what the thread is about.

Was happy to discuss the thread, but you have an unhealthy obsession with me pointing out the obvious and then making blunt assumptions on my position and thinking.

Get off ya high horse, take a humble pill.

We're done here mate, on ignore you go

Mods FYI
Person does not like being wrong, doesn't like it when others point it out.

Ah well. So much for being open to the marketplace of ideas.

You aren’t comparing apples to apples here. People get a chance to vote once every 3 years federally and in general have no other way to influence elected officials. This is not comparable to a corporation who can get access at the drop of a hat and conduct continuous campaigns to further their position. They can influence both sides of politics at any time.

who decides who gets a job?

politicians go by the polls with the exceptions being the bribes such as we have seen with china or their union backers

Ok I'll bite.

You claim 'just coz you (me) think something's not up for debate doesn't mean you're correct' or words to that effect.

I claim that capitalism is a concept invented by human kind - you directly disputed this in one of your assumption replies.

Ok then oh great genius Gethelred, where did this capitalism from? Was it the Aliens? Or is capitalism an intelligent life form with its own intentions? What about other societal and market models - did they invent themselves too?

Let's see how this debate goes, even though clearly because of the facts, it is not a debate but you won't or refuse to comprehend that.

Also, you asked (assumed) that just because capitalism is derived by human invention that I allude 'we should just accept that and can't do anything about it'. I've repeatedly stated that your mind reading skills are incorrect and do not serve you. (which is inconsistent about your previous it is up for debate)

I never alluded as such but you continue to assume that is my position - W.R.O.N.G!

Just because all societal and market models derived by human kind are flawed because humans are flawed does not equate to my position as: 'can't do nuthin bout it, we should all just accept and give up' - these you've asked in another of your assumption replies, like it's endth degree or nothing. W.R.O.N.G!

It's merely claiming these models, including capitalism will always be flawed because

A/ It cannot cater for everyone, just like every other thing in this world

And

B/ It is almost certainly likely to be always flawed because of its inventor - humans.

More than happy discuss the use and misuse and why that is so, however I kindly ask that you stop attempting to read my mind and post it like you do know. Some crayon eater out there on these boards might believe you.

His goal is to just post increasingly ridiculous things, no matter how clearly you've broken it down and explained them. until you end up treating it with the contempt it deserves and you give it a blast, and throw in a couple of swear words. And you've got a day off.
I mean, it has to be deliberate. It's not a difficult or unusual concept.

Like, this has been going since Thursday night. Look at all of the replies, all the explanations.

This is where it started on Thursday.
I don't agree. You take individual families who are up against the marketing and lobbying of multi-billion dollar companies. Those companies push buttons relentlessly to get to the x% of people who are as vigilant as they can be given their own circumstances.

It's wrong to think that humans are perfectly rational economic units, and therefore it must be a moral failing to be otherwise.

This is where we are now.
Ok then oh great genius Gethelred, where did this capitalism from? Was it the Aliens? Or is capitalism an intelligent life form with its own intentions?

It's just trolling.
The card says "Moops".

Ok I'll bite.

You claim 'just coz you (me) think something's not up for debate doesn't mean you're correct' or words to that effect.

I claim that capitalism is a concept invented by human kind - you directly disputed this in one of your assumption replies.

Ok then oh great genius Gethelred, where did this capitalism from? Was it the Aliens? Or is capitalism an intelligent life form with its own intentions? What about other societal and market models - did they invent themselves too?

Let's see how this debate goes, even though clearly because of the facts, it is not a debate but you won't or refuse to comprehend that.

Also, you asked (assumed) that just because capitalism is derived by human invention that I allude 'we should just accept that and can't do anything about it'. I've repeatedly stated that your mind reading skills are incorrect and do not serve you. (which is inconsistent about your previous it is up for debate)

I never alluded as such but you continue to assume that is my position - W.R.O.N.G!

Just because all societal and market models derived by human kind are flawed because humans are flawed does not equate to my position as: 'can't do nuthin bout it, we should all just accept and give up' - these you've asked in another of your assumption replies, like it's endth degree or nothing. W.R.O.N.G!

It's merely claiming these models, including capitalism will always be flawed because

A/ It cannot cater for everyone, just like every other thing in this world

And

B/ It is almost certainly likely to be always flawed because of its inventor - humans.

More than happy discuss the use and misuse and why that is so, however I kindly ask that you stop attempting to read my mind and post it like you do know. Some crayon eater out there on these boards might believe you.
Thought I was on ignore, CB.

It's funny, because everything you've said in that post has already been addressed in the conversation we've had on here. It's also not mindreading to note a pattern in your posting, just as it's also a pattern for you to fly off the handle accusing someone of thinking something they've never said.

This whole thing started because you didn't like the idea that your arguments have their ideological origins in Margaret Thatcher, because you were - again - arguing that the system was not at fault and people should be held accountable - your version - for their crimes ahead of fixing the system that incentivises those crimes. So, how about we reverse the onus?

Why do you think that, because something is the result of an innate human flaw, we should not try to change it?

This is your problem, writ large: I've not disagreed with the premise that this is a human flaw. At no point have I said that capitalism would exist without humans. You are quite literally lampooning a ghost. What I've been arguing is, essentially, so what? Capitalism is a system which the flaws need to be taken into account, and any system can be modified to soften its excesses, but you don't want to talk about that. You want to punish the individuals when and where they transgress, ignoring the fact that within a capitalist system money is power. You can circumvent the rule of law and democracy if you have enough money, or do you think Clive Palmer earned his senate seat through good works and honest communication?

You would be more interested in trying to put a fire out than preventing it from happening, which is an odd position for an Australian to take really.

Last edited:

are you confused by this scenario? Perhaps if we consider the actual facts.......

When the lease was issued BY THE STATE OF QUEENSLAND by the MINES DEPARTMENT, there was not opposition to coal for THE QUEENSLAND GOVT to change the mining act. Now that there is opposition THE STATE is faced with the decision TO PAY OUT ADANI PROPERTY RIGHT LOSES, ACCEPT 100% LOSS IN MINING ROYALTIES, COP THE 10,000s of DIRECT AND INDIRECT JOB LOSES or honour its agreement.

Can you explain how a poll "by Australians" has anything to do with Queensland state politics? and would a survey based on facts (no royalties, job loses and a payout) deliver the same result as a racist "we hate Indians poll"?

Last edited:
Thought I was on ignore, CB.

Play the ball not the man, you're better than that mate.

It's funny, because everything you've said in that post has already been addressed in the conversation we've had on here. It's also not mindreading to note a pattern in your posting, just as it's also a pattern for you to fly off the handle accusing someone of thinking something they've never said.

Oh so it's not mindreading but you can gauge my emotion from behind a keyboard, sorry stupid me should've known you're telepathic. Remind me to read your mind next time. I can play this game too.

This whole thing started because you didn't like the idea that your arguments have their ideological origins in Margaret Thatcher,

Wrong, again, the whole thing started when you and others started the bee in the bonnet about me stating the obvious. And you're still going on about it. I'm not was not even thinking about Thatcher or how >you< correlate her to this edited post

1640006454771.png
This is your problem, writ large: I've not disagreed with the premise that this is a human flaw. At no point have I said that capitalism would exist without humans. You are quite literally lampooning a ghost. What I've been arguing is, essentially, so what?

No I don't have a problem, it seems you do.
  • You replied to me in the first place, claiming my position as all sorts of things like 'Thatcherism' (when I haven't even mentioned her) 'we should all just give up coz' < That's your interpretation of my posts, not my posting

So what you say. So do I, the difference is you seem to think I have some sort misguided unconscious ideology and by extension 'it's not capitalism's fault' when all I did was simply state the obvious.

Yet you're STILL! here trying to tell me how I think, ROFL.

You're like that kid at school who just has to win the argument even if there is no argument, your relentless pursuit to give me an epiphany where this isn't one, highlights that.

This really is trivial and not really thread relevant, if you really really must continue trying to convince me of my posting may I suggest you PM me

I feel like you have an irrational hate, for people that you almost never interact with.

I would have thought it just highlights where major corporations power actually is. It is with there customer base and the vulnerability and weakness of that customer base. Where the customer base act against their own interest and even their families for one reason or another.

I would have thought it just highlights where major corporations power actually is. It is with there customer base and the vulnerability and weakness of that customer base. Where the customer base act against their own interest and even their families for one reason or another.
I'd suggest a lack of self control is the bigger issue.
one must strive to avoid a peasant mindset.......especially if you have kids.

Poverty isn't a choice.

Only the most reprehensible of people would suggest anyone chooses to live in poverty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poverty isn't a choice.

Only the most reprehensible of people would suggest anyone chooses to live in poverty.

I'm glad you 100% agree with me

Being poor is not something that can be avoided easily if that's what life deals you (and nothing to be ashamed of) but one must strive to avoid a peasant mindset.......especially if you have kids.

I called you out, repeatedly. And quoted you in order to support me calling you out.

How is that us agreeing?

Apart from you lying.

You've just proven yourself a fool as I clearly stated........

Being poor is not something that can be avoided easily if that's what life deals you (and nothing to be ashamed of) but one must strive to avoid a peasant mindset.......especially if you have kids.

and you believe you've called me out by stating

Poverty isn't a choice.

It is clear we agree on the issue.

have you borrowed Gough's bong tonight?

I mean, you've just quoted the exceptions you made, so that when you're called out, you can refer to them.

Unfortunately it doesn't erase the other statements you made, and the statements you made based on them.

Caveats mean nothing, if they're in passing and clear defense mechanisms.

1640179433002.png

Is self control a bigger issue, or not?

I mean, you've just quoted the exceptions you made, so that when you're called out, you can refer to them.

Unfortunately it doesn't erase the other statements you made, and the statements you made based on them.

Caveats mean nothing, if they're in passing and clear defense mechanisms.

View attachment 1301119

Is self control a bigger issue, or not?

please quote a single reference where you are correctly calling me out rather than making s**t up in your head

are you OK?

I've quoted you, and I've shared a jpg.

You've ignored all of it.

Why do you ask if I'm ok?

I ask if you're OK, given your posts. A normal healthy person could not come to the conclusions you have.

Thus a simple question of, are you OK?

I ask if you're OK, given your posts. A normal healthy person could not come to the conclusions you have.

Thus a simple question of, are you OK?
You don't think I'm healthy, based on my questions of you?

This is as ridiculously baseless, as most of your posts in this thread.

What an embarrassing sign... that you're unable to answer the questions...
Maybe you're lying...

Accusing people with a different opinion to you of being stoned or mentally unwell is nowhere near as clever as you think it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back