Fremantle to wear purple jumper and white shorts for away games

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just going to keep posting this in response to this question every time it gets asked this year.
bring back the 3D anchor, and have Clive sitting in the stands for it

The best jumper we have ever had was Luke McPharlin . Jeez he was good. ( buries head back in whisky while turning up the volume of 2013's qualifying final )

Just saw this.

I am happy we are wearing purple more. It annoyed me in recent times when we didnt wear purple for away trips against Collingwood, North, GWS, GC, St Kilda. As those teams shouldn't clash with the purple.

The only clubs we wore purple on the road were Sydney and Geelong

If we’re playing finals and our young guns are firing I don’t care what jumper combo they wear. Just win baby.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1301439

Image from footyjumpers.com

This one is my fav too.

The Barlow jumper (not the number)
Imagine retro round 2022.. they bring this back, almost certainly will see it worn more then the Chevrons by the fans
That and the 99 3D away. Would go busters for one of those

They’ll make us wear the white strip against Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Melbourne, Port, Richmond. Probably against WB and WC. Possibly against GWS and maybe Hawthorn.
That leaves Sydney, GC and Geelong as definites for the purple / white shorts combo. Do we play them all away? I don’t think we’ll be seeing much purple on the road this year tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the supporters and possibly even players I'd say. The all white is terrible. More like a cricket, lawn bowl or soccer outfit than footy.

So happy with the move to the away purple strip. Fortunately most of the lads out there now days wear the socks down, cause the white strip with the white socks pulled up with purple rings around is a shocker. Right up there with the Hawthorn power rangers kit

Our players will be passing the ball to the grass.
Grass that marks the ball then windmill kicks it through the goals to the surprise of everyone.…. Because it was one of our players.

Attachments

• 9CCA9FD6-30EC-4E7C-89DC-013A8FCE5C85.jpeg
    9CCA9FD6-30EC-4E7C-89DC-013A8FCE5C85.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
It just looks so f**king messy. On the long camera or down the ground shots it's just a mass of dark top, light shorts and light top, dark shots.

The way the AFL lets the Vic clubs treat the clash rules is a blight on the comp and I hate that we've joined them in making it look like an amateur clusterf**k.

Yeah it's still not a good look, lucky we only did it for 1 game

AFL probably put a stop to it in others that I was worried about like the Cats game, thankfully common sense happened there

Only upside is that the Programmed logo looks better than the Woodside logo on purple.
Otherwise it's just unnecessary, the black GWS shorts and purple jumpers have the potential to confuse in the heat of the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back