Rumour Bailey Smith mental health

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
You'll find if a player refuses the offer in these circumstances they aren't shunned like many would believe. There is often a respect for sticking to core values and not succumbing to peer pressure. If the refusing party is still fun to be around, enjoys a beer and doesn't act high and mighty then the dynamic has no reason to change.
This is the most hilarious thing I have ever read.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
This is the most hilarious thing I have ever read.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m genuinely concerned that some people in this thread are either horrible people or have encountered some really horrible people in their time. Are you honestly suggesting that every drug user in any party atmosphere (especially a footy club) would care enough that somebody chooses not to partake that they’d ostracise them? Of course it absolutely would happen (the aforementioned horrible people), but isn’t as blatant for every group.

The respect I alluded to doesn’t mean that person is placed on some pedestal. It just means genuinely nice human beings who like to dabble in recreational drugs aren’t childish enough to believe they themselves are any better for doing so, and understand that in an environment where the majority are like-minded that it takes some resolve for another individual to politely decline any invitation.

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Life isn't a bright and sunny public service announcement. Nor are all drug users stereotypical 80's movie high school jocks who will cast you aside for a differing opinion.

I've had plenty of wonderful in-depth conversations with friends who partake about their reasons why, what they get from it and if they see it having an expiry date.

It doesn't stop me attending events where this all goes on, nor does any judgement get cast from either side. At the end of the day it's just personal choice. Just be happy with the personal decisions you've made.
What has this even got to do with my original post?

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good grief people, he’s just 21. It’s totally normal for people to spend the first few years of adulthood trying to come to peace with who they are and their place in the world. Can’t imagine being a minor celebrity during times of personal challenges make that transition any easier. Hope the bloke has a restful Christmas break so I can look forward to grimacing every time he plays a blinder against North.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Zero sympathy for him. Brings it upon himself anyway.

Cries mental health and the struggle of social media but is happy to post half nude as much as 6 hours ago on his instagram. If he was fair dinkum about his mental health he'd take the first step forward by closing down his social media for a significant period and cut the half nudes.

He's an insult to the real victims that are battling mental health.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Gun footballer but a bit odd he’s continually posting weird stories on Insta for a bloke that needed a break from everything.

Of course he’s a young lad finding his feet etc but it must be a weird look to his teammates.
Weird stories? To you maybe but to other people in his age group everything he does is aggressively normal.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I hope the lad will be okay. There are still folk who think mental illness is not real, and want to cast aspersions around about fakery. Acknowledging it and getting help early is a good step. Getting outvoff the social media cesspool is a good 2nd step.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I hope the lad will be okay. There are still folk who think mental illness is not real, and want to cast aspersions around about fakery. Acknowledging it and getting help early is a good step. Getting outvoff the social media cesspool is a good 2nd step.
Smith is balls deep in to his social media stuff, so would it be like he isn't helping himself?

Apr 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Cries mental health and the struggle of social media but is happy to post half nude as much as 6 hours ago on his instagram. If he was fair dinkum about his mental health he'd take the first step forward by closing down his social media for a significant period and cut the half nudes.

How can someone be half nude? You're either nude, or you're not. I'm not sure there is an inbetween

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
How can someone be half nude? You're either nude, or you're not. I'm not sure there is an inbetween
I think women can be half nude as they have two sets of sexual organs that are considered nude bits in different areas of the body.

Guys cannot however.

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
That's a dumb argument. So if I'm a guy wearing just jeans no shirt, I'm not half nude? .

Nude isn't related to sexual organs, it's related to how much skin overall is showing. A woman can be "half nude" in a bra and briefs.

.... just had one of those "out of body" experiences where I looked at myself writing this post and thought wtf am I doing with my life 🤣

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
That's a dumb argument. So if I'm a guy wearing just jeans no shirt, I'm not half nude? .

Nude isn't related to sexual organs, it's related to how much skin overall is showing. A woman can be "half nude" in a bra and briefs.

.... just had one of those "out of body" experiences where I looked at myself writing this post and thought wtf am I doing with my life 🤣

Imagine having to explain the term half nude to someone…far out.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

.... just had one of those "out of body" experiences where I looked at myself writing this post and thought wtf am I doing with my life

You can wear no shirt and jeans and act in a g rated film, because....you aren't nude. That's just a body part, like a face or a hand.

Films don't have a 'nudity' warning because a lady wears a bikini or a fella just his board shorts.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn’t the story about Bailey Smith missing training say he was dealing with Personal Issues? I didn’t think it actually said Mental Health.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Zero sympathy for a dude who has an extremely ill family member… nice.

This is no different to when Jack Macrae was giving personal leave last preseason for a few weeks while he had a sick parent. Media just use Bailey’s name to get clicks out of it.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Lol at all these pathetic Melbourne supporters that have crawled out of their holes.

Back