Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Will there be puppies in the room too?

Get off ya arse and pull a team together ....you ho boken token !

blah blah.gif

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
COVID - There, I said it!

As we currently watch the way things are playing out in other major sporting leagues like the EPL and NBA, Covid has the ability to turn the upcoming 2022 Supercoach season on its head. The player bubbles from previous years will be gone. There's nothing to protect us from its wrath!

If the NBA is any indication of what to expect, we're going to need a lot more trades this year.

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
COVID - There, I said it!

As we currently watch the way things are playing out in other major sporting leagues like the EPL and NBA, Covid has the ability to turn the upcoming 2022 Supercoach season on its head. The player bubbles from previous years will be gone. There's nothing to protect us from its wrath!

Not only will the party goer type players be at significant risk but likewise players who have kids that regularly attend day care/ school etc as these places will be a hive of virus activity! Then there's the McGowan factor... maybe come February, he will completely lose his mind and basically withdraw West Coast and Fremantle from the competition for the year by further alienating WA from the rest of the world! You might think that's going a bit too far, but is it? If you can think of any players that have no kids and no life, please let me know!

No doubt, the weekly Covid melts are going to be delicious and plentiful with many a POTY candidate!

So, how do you plan to navigate this?

F*ck COVID is the logical answer but also DPP players, warm bodies on the bench are going to be more critical than ever. Not blowing trades on Covid players will also be key (no doubt I will fail miserably at this).
So what you and others are saying is......

Anyone can fluke a week.

Odd concept.

On Redmi Note 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The elephant in the room is the Wednesday Demons vs Bulldogs game. Some serious options locked out very early with little view of teams to come. Although I’m not sure either will offer much rookie wise early.
Dale, Daniel, May, Salem, Oliver, Petracca, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley, Treloar, Jackson maybe English and the big decision on Gawn.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
The elephant in the room is the Wednesday Demons vs Bulldogs game. Some serious options locked out very early with little view of teams to come. Although I’m not sure either will offer much rookie wise early.
Dale, Daniel, May, Salem, Oliver, Petracca, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley, Treloar, Jackson maybe English and the big decision on Gawn.
Round one teams generally get a bit of publicity though right? At least the rookies which helps. Hopefully we'll have an idea who is playing.

Of that list Macrae and Dunkley are locks Piggy 50/50 for me and Gawn a maybe. Not interested in the others.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
All I hope is that they plan for every scenario and publish exactly what they're going to do when certain criteria is met at the start of the season. Last year was a joke with making decisions up on the spot halfway through when everyone knew that COVID protocols were going to hit at some point.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
All I hope is that they plan for every scenario and publish exactly what they're going to do when certain criteria is met at the start of the season. Last year was a joke with making decisions up on the spot halfway through when everyone knew that COVID protocols were going to hit at some point.
One advantage is the trends in sporting teams handling Co-Vid cases overseas .....will greatly assist the AFL with policies in 4 months time

1640742801918.png

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Round one teams generally get a bit of publicity though right? At least the rookies which helps. Hopefully we'll have an idea who is playing.

Of that list Macrae and Dunkley are locks Piggy 50/50 for me and Gawn a maybe. Not interested in the others.
They do but we’ll be losing another 24 hours as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back