Retired #39 Paddy McCartin - Thank you Paddy - Always a Blood!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been nasty though for some reason , other Swans have belted blokes over the years

You know it's funny. I've never rated McCartin senior as much even in his draft year. But there's this bloke at my local club who knows a s**t load more about the game than I do who cuts up real rough when I say that and he's neither a Blood nor a Saint. Bedders here seems similar. Paddy's defenders are certainly fierce about it.

You know it's funny. I've never rated McCartin senior as much even in his draft year. But there's this bloke at my local club who knows a sh*t load more about the game than I do who cuts up real rough when I say that and he's neither a Blood nor a Saint. Bedders here seems similar. Paddy's defenders are certainly fierce about it.
It's not defending him at all , it's just about giving him a go . He's costing peanuts and if it works well and good , if it doesn't we've lost nothing .

It's not defending him at all , it's just about giving him a go . He's costing peanuts and if it works well and good , if it doesn't we've lost nothing .
Yep, that's it in a nutshell Bedders, absolutely no downside to signing him, even if he never plays a senior game.

True, but why not just give the clubs a window between late November and February to sign these players. That way a club can evaluate and then sign when they are ready, rather than having to wait.

Got to spread out the news articles

Plus there is also the holiday break period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, January 6 came and went. Still no news. At least not about Paddy. There was some coverage of the Capitol riot.

I still think it's a done deal.

He played stuff all and was hardly in the best in the vfl site if ever

didn’t take much for him to weak out when getting beaten by a dud
That's crapPunts and you know it. I saw nearly all the games he played. He was pretty good. He reads the play so well. He intercepted many times. I saw one game where he was BOG by a long way.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like they are just waiting for him to not get injured.

He has been in their future plans for over a year, seems pointless to just wait around to sign him while having him fully participate in training.

Sounds like they are just waiting for him to not get injured.

He has been in their future plans for over a year, seems pointless to just wait around to sign him while having him fully participate in training.
There's no risk in waiting until the last day of the window before signing him but given his injury history there is risk in signing him before. If it's happening, it's happening on the last day

There's no risk in waiting until the last day of the window before signing him but given his injury history there is risk in signing him before. If it's happening, it's happening on the last day
Gee I hope they're talking frequently with him so he knows what's going on. Waiting is fine, but waiting in silence isn't.

if the Swans are worried about him not getting through a few weeks of training, then theres no way that would expect him (and therefore sign him) to get through an afl season. They had last year to work the injury risk out.. which im sure they did.
Its most likely an administration thing. Likely a key person involved in the admin has covid.. ? who knows
Gee I hope they're talking frequently with him so he knows what's going on. Waiting is fine, but waiting in silence isn't.
and of course they're talking.. this isn't the under 10's
He was at training today.
that answers my doubts

if the Swans are worried about him not getting through a few weeks of training, then theres no way that would expect him (and therefore sign him) to get through an afl season. They had last year to work the injury risk out.. which im sure they did.
Its most likely an administration thing. Likely a key person involved in the admin has covid.. ? who knows

and of course they're talking.. this isn't the under 10's

that answers my doubts
I reckon all parties are aware of the situation and are comfortable working through it. Open dialogue.

A good while back didn't someone from the club (Kinnear?) say that they were waiting on the AFL to sign off on some undisclosed thing? Could they still be waiting for that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back