The USA Sports Thread

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Means nothing. He is still greater than that overrated drunken oaf Fungus and btw Pep has gone past him as the GOAT football manager (least of the modern era)

By all means keep clinging on to past glories with Fergie, that's all Man Ure fans have to hang their hat onto these days, not even the biggest club in Manchester anymore:₩
That's a bite and a half haha

Must be tough seeing your team being blown out by the Bills at home. Superbowl my ass. You made Josh Allen look like Joe Montana.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
That's a bite and a half haha

Must be tough seeing your team being blown out by the Bills at home. Superbowl my ass. You made Josh Allen look like Joe Montana.

Wouldn't say we were blown out obvious, but clearly I think some of the hype gotten into some of your your players heads.

We can still win the AFC but it's gonna be very tough, no question.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
“Fungus”, “Whiskey Nose”? Not many more respected men in football than Sir Alex Ferguson. A man who had United as a family club and who knew everyone’s name (from the grounds keepers to the kitchen staff) at the club and had time for everyone and who would often stop for a chat with anyone. But Sir Alex Ferguson was mean to the opposition lol.

I wonder if Belichick or Bielsa (who made a racist his club captain for a period) is the same.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
“Fungus”, “Whiskey Nose”? Not many more respected men in football than Sir Alex Ferguson. A man who had United as a family club and who knew everyone’s name (from the grounds keepers to the kitchen staff) at the club and had time for everyone and who would often stop for a chat with anyone. But Sir Alex Ferguson was mean to the opposition lol.

I wonder if Belichick or Bielsa (who made a racist his club captain for a period) is the same.

Didn't Fergie once throw a boot at Beckham's face in a fit of rage ?

I am not sure he is/was the cuddly Santa Claus figure you are making him up to be there mate.

Regardless by time he is done with management, Pep will have more than surpassed him as the GOAT club manager. His resume speaks for itself.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Didn't Fergie once throw a boot at Beckham's face in a fit of rage ?

I am not sure he is/was the cuddly Santa Claus figure you are making him up to be there mate.

Regardless by time he is done with management, Pep will have more than surpassed him as the GOAT club manager. His resume speaks for itself.

Difference between a professional setting and family orientated setting I guess. And yes, that’s the story.

Pep has a great resume. As do lots of different managers. No one can deny that Sir Alex Ferguson wasn’t one of the greatest managers that ever existed.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Difference between a professional setting and family orientated setting I guess. And yes, that’s the story.

Pep has a great resume. As do lots of different managers. No one can deny that Sir Alex Ferguson wasn’t one of the greatest managers that ever existed.

I never said he wasn't. And part of my slingshots at him was out of jealous of him and all the success he had at United, I will never see that level of success and trophies at Leeds.

I actually think Pep is actually underrated as a gaffer by a lot of the football community these days, I definitely think that if he can win the Champions League with a 3rd club (Citeh) he should be acknowledged as the GOAT Gaffer.

Records and GOAT status are always meant to be broken.

Still far from convinced LeBron James was better than Michael Jordan except in the longevity stakes

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Meh, Pep has still won more CL titles than Fungus, including a 2-0 record against the Scum (Man U) in the final.

Man Ure will forever be Messi and Barca's bitches :p

If there is any team you wouldn’t mind losing to twice in a CL final, it was that Barcelona team. No shame in it despite lots of online comments acting like we lost to a s**t team twice.

Packers looking alright. Im only a casual fan nowadays are they any chance this season?
Absolutely..top three favourites at the moment. Special teams has been horrendous this season. Rodgers is playing with a broken pinkie ..lots of grimacing on the field but he’s still playing to MVP level.

If the Pats don't win the Superbowl, anyone but
the Eagles or Cowboys please

Would love to see an Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets NBA finals series, so many storylines in that.
Don’t think you’ll have any worries re Eagles..no chance. Pats a worry now. Don’t think Jones is capable yet of come from behind wins …still a rookie.

Pep's greatness is very difficult to measure IMO. Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City. We know Pep is great, but those three teams are like cheat teams.

Same with Messi, dunno why they don't have the balls to prove they're the best at a mid-table club. Maybe Bielsa really is the GOAT.

All of it.

I think players and managers who only play at clubs with virtually unlimited resources are lacking a bit of confidence in their own ability and not sure much could change my mind on that.

Back