The USA Sports Thread

Like.. you said that it's hard to judge him because he goes to clubs with unlimited resources and I agreed and said the best managers and players would be easier to judge if they backed their ability and went to smaller clubs and made them better.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Like.. you said that it's hard to judge him because he goes to clubs with unlimited resources and I agreed and said the best managers and players would be easier to judge if they backed their ability and went to smaller clubs and made them better.
Oh I didnt get that at all from anything you wrote. On the same page though so ... awesome!

Oh I didnt get that at all from anything you wrote. On the same page though so ... awesome!

Awesome indeed. Perhaps read a second time if you're struggling before dismissing my posts so condescendingly.

I think players and managers who only play at clubs with virtually unlimited resources are lacking a bit of confidence in their own ability and not sure much could change my mind on that.
LOL

?

This isn't a shot at Pep, I actually specifically called out Messi. I think if he'd gone to City (despite that being a bit contradictory) it would have proven his ability by going to a more competitive league.

?

This isn't a shot at Pep, I actually specifically called out Messi. I think if he'd gone to City (despite that being a bit contradictory) it would have proven his ability by going to a more competitive league.
Didn't presume it was a shot at any particular person.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
?

Messi couldn't win either way if he went to City and reunited with Pep either

I think his record/performance against English clubs in the Champions League over the years proves he would have absolutely blitzed it I the Premier League

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have no idea why Boston always seem to play well against Minnesota, even with a depleted squad (granted so does the Wolves)

It almost feels like it's some kind of curse since they traded KG to us.

Well, we ended up losing and it was the first time the Celtics lost to Minnesota for more than 5 years (it was a 9 game win streak)

Feel free to give me the roasting I richly deserve

#AnotherElmerSpecial

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
That is hopefully where Zach comes in. :D

Let's be realistic, once we run into the Nets of Bucks in the playoffs we will be shown the door. But it's nice to at least be in the playoffs again.

Yeah, can’t see us beating either without another big. This is the best Bulls team we have had in years, so I am happy either way.

Back