Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Putrid from the poms.

Overall, yes. They at least fought today to try and salvage a draw. Approx 20 overs left, how they’d love if guys like Pope and Hameed etc could blunt out at least 50-60 balls each.

Their bowling looks surprisingly average. They haven’t taken 20 wickets yet.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Just scraping over 400 runs for the match while we have the two best quicks in the world sitting in the stands is horrendous. It’s embarrassing that they claim they’ve spent years preparing a team for this series.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
That’s a lot of changes. I assume Richardson has a niggle or something, can’t be rotated after his efforts in Adelaide.

Hameed quite fortunate to be retained, at least Burns dug in the second innings. Bairstow has had a lot of chances. Leach was really targeted in the first test, haven’t seen a bowler taken apart like that in a long time.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Is Neser purely out because of Cummins?
I'd keep him in ahead of Boland.

Just from what I read briefly on cricinfo, Boland’s experience at the MCG was a key deciding factor it seems.

Only just switched it on. Normal service resumed it appears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hardly saw any of the play today, was periodically checking the score though and thought England have done really well to work their way back into the match. Anderson in particular. And then, bang. It all goes to s**t for them again. They really need two new openers.

Back