Discussion 2022 Fantasy General Discussion / Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah if I get my laptop out I can, all too hard, I'll just wait for Supercoach.
No worries, here's a recommendation for your future fantasy stuff.

The App is a piece of garabage, about 50% of the information and functionality that is available on the website is available on the app, if you ignore the app's existence during pre-season and at all other times other than during active rounds, you'll function much better

Dougz

Debutant
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
How good is it to have fantasy back.
Probably the best time of year -just being able to discuss players and share opinions.

Food for thought, when looking at the winners starting squads from 17,18 & 19 they generally skipped those top priced guys or at least majority, maybe taking one here and there. Does it mean skipping Steele, Miller etc is the right call?

Seems going value is a much better strategy - players who can increase 15 points from the general range of 80-85 to 100. but on flip side is a Mitch Duncan going from 100 ave to a 108 better than Butters who goes 76 - 92 or something. Does this provide you with more points because you can use that cash to grab another player with similar upside? I honesty don't know and keep going back and forth on which is better.

1640674464554.png

2017 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2017prices
2018 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2018prices
2019 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2019prices

Anyway would love for people to throw out some names as per above players. Guys with 20 points upside

Some obvious ones i can think of - Yeo, Serong, Cripps, Sicily, Rowell, Butters, T.Kelly, T. Thomas, Treloar, Cogs, Dunkley, DeGoey

Potential ones - N.Anderson, Connor Nash, Caldwell, Hanners, Mcgrath, Clark, Stringer, Worpel

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
How good is it to have fantasy back.
Probably the best time of year -just being able to discuss players and share opinions.

Food for thought, when looking at the winners starting squads from 17,18 & 19 they generally skipped those top priced guys or at least majority, maybe taking one here and there. Does it mean skipping Steele, Miller etc is the right call?

Seems going value is a much better strategy - players who can increase 15 points from the general range of 80-85 to 100. but on flip side is a Mitch Duncan going from 100 ave to a 108 better than Butters who goes 76 - 92 or something. Does this provide you with more points because you can use that cash to grab another player with similar upside? I honesty don't know and keep going back and forth on which is better.

View attachment 1302821
2017 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2017prices
2018 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2018prices
2019 - https://dreamteamtalk.com/2019prices

Anyway would love for people to throw out some names as per above players. Guys with 20 points upside

Some obvious ones i can think of - Yeo, Serong, Cripps, Sicily, Rowell, Butters, T.Kelly, T. Thomas, Treloar, Cogs, Dunkley, DeGoey

Potential ones - N.Anderson, Connor Nash, Caldwell, Hanners, Mcgrath, Clark, Stringer, Worpel
You could actually argue that Steele still has upside like your example with Duncan above. Slim chance to jump up that much but stranger things have happened.

There seemed to be plenty of injuries last year that caught guys on low scores. Feels like it adds more value to a lot of guys for this year.

Other guys I think who project to have good upside if things go their way; Bowes, Day, Simpkin, Marshall (if Ryder goes down), Gresham, Schoenberg, T Green

Dougz

Debutant
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
You could actually argue that Steele still has upside like your example with Duncan above. Slim chance to jump up that much but stranger things have happened.

There seemed to be plenty of injuries last year that caught guys on low scores. Feels like it adds more value to a lot of guys for this year.

Other guys I think who project to have good upside if things go their way; Bowes, Day, Simpkin, Marshall (if Ryder goes down), Gresham, Schoenberg, T Green

Yep, love it.

But does picking Steele and lets say he goes 121 again - does this give the same 'team scoring' as picking Yeo who fails and goes his 83 price.
Apart from the fact you will have to trade Yeo by the end and you can captain Steele or is that the 300k price difference.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yep, love it.

But does picking Steele and lets say he goes 121 again - does this give the same 'team scoring' as picking Yeo who fails and goes his 83 price.
Apart from the fact you will have to trade Yeo by the end and you can captain Steele or is that the 300k price difference.
Main initial objective is to have 2-3 Capt options .....players like Steele, Macrae, and Gawn have historically provided those "safe" options

Taking your point of predicting players that could increase their ave by 10-15 points .....likewise just as important is predicting players that may fall 10+ points in ave .....will Oliver, Gawn, and Petracca have a Premiership hangover ....or which players may have a position change that could disadvantage them (Tarranto) ?

You can't take all the high priced players otherwise you run out of cash pretty quickly

Most look at it from two perspectives .....how many "keepers" do you want OR how many on-field Rookies do you want, depending on the strength of the rookie poole

Dougz

Debutant
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure I can buy into the spending 1m because it gives you a safe captain option. I think you pick Steele because his early draw and that's it.

Considering we have a rolling lockout with a free captain shot every week. On top of having Lloyd, Grundy, Neale, Dunkley, Duncan all priced around 100 and an underpriced Mitchell from his 125+ averages. Think you will get a safe option from them.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure I can buy into the spending 1m because it gives you a safe captain option. I think you pick Steele because his early draw and that's it.

Considering we have a rolling lockout with a free captain shot every week. On top of having Lloyd, Grundy, Neale, Dunkley, Duncan all priced around 100 and an underpriced Mitchell from his 125+ averages. Think you will get a safe option from them.
I think that’s a fair point going into this year. If you choose someone like Macrae as your M1, he gives you something crazy like 5 of the first 9 games as a reliable VC option which means you get a free hit all those times. If things fail you can move to another captain option but you get the double chance. Certainly not as important these days with Thursday and Friday nights being loopholes now as opposed to how fantasy was prior to covid. Still important but it might be better searching for those guys who have early games that might give you the edge on double chances. In saying all that, Steele’s early draw and the fact he’s the top scorer of last year mean you’ll have to have big balls to go against him

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I think that’s a fair point going into this year. If you choose someone like Macrae as your M1, he gives you something crazy like 5 of the first 9 games as a reliable VC option which means you get a free hit all those times. If things fail you can move to another captain option but you get the double chance. Certainly not as important these days with Thursday and Friday nights being loopholes now as opposed to how fantasy was prior to covid. Still important but it might be better searching for those guys who have early games that might give you the edge on double chances. In saying all that, Steele’s early draw and the fact he’s the top scorer of last year mean you’ll have to have big balls to go against him
Definitely viable to run Steele at M1 and Macrae at M2. Though I’m not keen on starting 3 Dogs, and pretty keen on Dunkley and Treloar. That being said, having Duncan, Dunkley and Treloar all with the same bye throws up an annoying situation. May have to leave 1 out

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Can anyone explain how you arrive at the magic number to calculate what players are priced at? When I do the calcs for different players they range from 3830-3836 etc. Price divided by last yrs average? Obviously there are discounts for certain players due to games played etc.

1641105136082.png

So these are the websites I am using this pre-season

Keeper league has a handy break out tracker and CBA percentages plus TOG

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Got few of my mates together and we've commited to AFLW fantasy and... AFLW for the first time.

It's probably well overdue that i invest into the womens side of football, and theres no better way to learn their players than from AFLW Fantasy.

Made a side with a few stars littered with high draft picks and bunch of randoms i didn't know but sounded like they were good;

After watching St Kilda v Richmond; watching Katie Brennan get me some fantasy points and thinking to myself why didn't i pick Monique Conti. I spent the next 3 hours researching AFLW season guide, and completely changed my whole team thanks to the website crashing and Selby making it a "Rolling Lockout" for one more day so i could fix the donuts.

Honestly don't know how i sucked in 4 of my mates to do AFLW fantasy, basically sold those suckers its a 1 in 1000 chance of winning $5k lol

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
First day back at training and already a big chunk of port, crows, north, Collingwood and Essendon players missing due to Covid. This is going to be a hell of a year to get trough!
At some point they’ll have to do averages. Won’t matter how good benches are if you’ve got 10 out.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At some point they’ll have to do averages. Won’t matter how good benches are if you’ve got 10 out.

That’s what I’m hoping. The game looses all its appeal if your season is just decimated by Covid while others may just get lucky and have an extra 5+ available simply due to covid even if you select a full playing bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back