Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
The bodies were burnt at their burial/resting location.

Does it make a forensic examination for cause of death difficult?

Lynn could claim that Hill came at him over a fight about the drone and he killed him accidentally in self defence and Carol went nuts at him and he did the same for her. It sounds like Lynn will be able to drive the narrative about what happened and if the cops believe otherwise they'll have to forensically prove it or get him to admit otherwise.

Obviously hiding it all is a crime and burning of the bodies is a clear attempt to interfere with the justice procsss.

Lynn could claim that Hill came at him over a fight about the drone and he killed him accidentally in self defence and Carol went nuts at him and he did the same for her. It sounds like Lynn will be able to drive the narrative about what happened and if the cops believe otherwise they'll have to forensically prove it or get him to admit otherwise.

Obviously hiding it all is a crime and burning of the bodies is a clear attempt to interfere with the justice procsss.
Depends how badly burned they are. Even if the cause of death can't be determined, which is unlikely, the cops will tell him they know how the couple died, without actually telling him how, and will be after a full confession 'for their families' and to 'make himself look better'. They'll tell him he's a real man, not some street punk, and real men have integrity and own their mistakes when it's really about them using it against him during the trial.

But yes the onus is on the prosecution to prove (BRD) he did it.

One death maybe, but in that scenario the 2nd one is murder IMO.

yeah, a possibility.

Self defence doesn't explain his actions afterwards though IMO.

It doesn't obviously but there are concerns that GL is the only real source of information to what actually happened.

And his lawyer will be advising him on how to steer the investigation to minimise his penalty.

yeah, a possibility.

Self defence doesn't explain his actions afterwards though IMO.

agree. Going to have a very tough time explaining his post offence conduct. He probably won’t take the stand but the prosecution will have mountain of evidence it can introduce, more so given what he did to cover up the crimes - which I’m sure will also lead to additional charges.

Carol... Little old lady trying to wrestle a gun from a bloke the size of Lynn who is clearly enraged...
Really? This is a theory?

Lynn might use a scenario something like that in a defence. If anybody tells me a little old lady in the Country Women's Association wouldn't have a go, I'd have to say you could be very wrong. :grinning:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're brainstorming defence strategies ... :p
keep brainstorming! his only defense IMO is deny deny deny, (assuming he hasn't told them where they are buried), and assuming that and police have the location from phones etc.. going to be a tough one to defend.. will be a fascinating case if he pleads not guilty as we get to hear all evidence i assume.
Still think there could be a gun invovled and police just haven't released that yet.

keep brainstorming! his only defense IMO is deny deny deny, (assuming he hasn't told them where they are buried), and assuming that and police have the location from phones etc.. going to be a tough one to defend.. will be a fascinating case if he pleads not guilty as we get to hear all evidence i assume.
Still think there could be a gun invovled and police just haven't released that yet.

put a fork in him. He is done. Only thing he might get is a discount on his sentence based on a full and frank confession. He’s entitled to a defence, but I agree if he goes not guilty it’s going to be wild.

put a fork in him. He is done. Only thing he might get is a discount on his sentence based on a full and frank confession. He’s entitled to a defence, but I agree if he goes not guilty it’s going to be wild.

Based on how this has played out, there is a fair chance a deal has been done.
Do we know who is representing him?

Based on how this has played out, there is a fair chance a deal has been done.
Do we know who is representing him?

dunno mate haven’t seen anything reported so far. If he has means it could be a QC. Not sure what Chris Dane has been up to recently but he’d love it.

Dates have already been set aside for a committal at the end of May in Sale.

the Committal is almost the most interesting part of the process. Having served on a jury one of the things that runs through your head is why isn’t “this or that” information available. No doubt GLs defence is will be throwing the kitchen sink at this stage of the proceedings.

I’m thinking they would have to working on a plea deal, he really couldn’t get less then 25 years you would think.. double murder..
also have the deceased has their funerals? Maybe the bodies haven’t been released from forensic yet?
with only 1 side of the story really available will be interesting to hear what is said, hard to get over the fact he allegedly killed a mid 70’s old lady though.

the Committal is almost the most interesting part of the process. Having served on a jury one of the things that runs through your head is why isn’t “this or that” information available. No doubt GLs defence is will be throwing the kitchen sink at this stage of the proceedings.

Very interesting. The commital hearing set for end May is why I think he hasn't cooperated.

He faced court and was formally charged on 26th November, moved to Melbourne the same day. They didn't find the bodies until the 29th 30th which was the Tuesday.

Back