News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
**MOD NOTICE**

For the most part, discussion in this thread has been pretty robust but respectful. We understand that the lockdowns affecting where you can go and who you can see are upsetting and frustrating. Please continue to treat your fellow North posters with respect both in this thread and anywhere else on the board. If you encounter content you believe is objectionable, please use the report button to alert us.

This thread has been rolled over into Part IV after reaching 10K posts in Part III. If you would like to go back and read Part III, the link is here:

Thanks and if you have any questions please PM a member of the mod team.

I literally just addressed the peninsulas. It’s not current politics, it’s historical decisions.

Given that it's usually better for councils to be reclassified as Metro...by the logic in this thread, does this mean that the decisions to retain/include some of these areas as Metro LGAs was a conspiracy to get the LNP voting areas now unfortunately classified as Metro some of that sweet sweet $$$?

Here is the real issue: https://www.theguardian.com/austral...return-from-leave-as-covid-cripples-hospitals

NSW is starting to feel the pinch at 6,000 new cases a day and as today's figures show that number is only going to increase.

Vic govt has shown in its decision making that protecting the health system is its main priority so if Vic numbers increase into the tens of thousands I'd expect restrictions of some kind to be re-introduced. The reality is that there is only so many staff trained and available to provide clinical care to all patients, not just covid patients and increased exposure to covid by docs and nurses in a hospital setting is not a good thing for other, immuno-compromised patients.

Interesting times ahead.

Just a quick reminder to everyone. Health care is the states responsibility funded federally. One of Kevin 07’s promises was the his government would take over the healthcare system federally………….His government also closed the Medicare dental scheme for chronically ill patients forcing them back into state dental. So, before you blame the federal government for health issues remember the states wanted health. It is not the federal government’s responsibility to provide RAT’s but the state.

Just a quick reminder to everyone. Health care is the states responsibility funded federally. One of Kevin 07’s promises was the his government would take over the healthcare system federally………….His government also closed the Medicare dental scheme for chronically ill patients forcing them back into state dental. So, before you blame the federal government for health issues remember the states wanted health. It is not the federal government’s responsibility to provide RAT’s but the state.
oh don't worry, i don't expect the federal government to do anything ever. They've proved that's what they excel at.

oh don't worry, i don't expect the federal government to do anything ever. They've proved that's what they excel at.
Problem is states won’t give up healthcare, they want the money but don’t want any federal input irrespective of party politics. Can’t have it both ways. If feds provided RAT’s to Victoria Martin Foley would be saying it’s not their job to tell Victoria what to do ! I think this pandemic has demonstrated how little power the federal government actually has.

Problem is states won’t give up healthcare, they want the money but don’t want any federal input irrespective of party politics. Can’t have it both ways. If feds provided RAT’s to Victoria Martin Foley would be saying it’s not their job to tell Victoria what to do ! I think this pandemic has demonstrated how little power the federal government actually has.
Why would states "give up" healthcare?

Even within states, healthcare is sectioned into different geographical areas because needs vary from place to place. How would a federal gov handle that better?

And besides that anyway, the pandemic has demonstrated, much like the bush fire responses if you cast your mind back, how little the federal government is willing to do. They don't lack power, they lack action.

Why would states "give up" healthcare?

Even within states, healthcare is sectioned into different geographical areas because needs vary from place to place. How would a federal gov handle that better?

And besides that anyway, the pandemic has demonstrated, much like the bush fire responses if you cast your mind back, how little the federal government is willing to do. They don't lack power, they lack action.
I think both 😎

Looks like I'm going to have a positive NYE! :(

Sorry, I know I shouldn't make light of it but I'm feeling quite ******* dejected rn and hoping that the RAT was wrong and it really is a nasty head cold that I have today.
Are you okay?

Surely if you are not vaccinated you must have quietly shat yourself this morning looking at those figures?
Fair to say they're probably not capable of wiping their own arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the London tavern yesterday and the place was absolutely chockers. Reckon about 4 people had masks on. If I’m going to catch it, fair chance it’ll be from yesterday.

Hope you're doing OK.
Let us know how you are travelling - hope all is ok.
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Still waiting on the official PCR result but I've read that the RATs very rarely give false positives and I've progressively felt worse as the day's gone on today.

Still trying to holding out hope that it's a false positive and I've picked up something else but I highly doubt that's the case.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Still waiting on the official PCR result but I've read that the RATs very rarely give false positives and I've progressively felt worse as the day's gone on today.

Still trying to holding out hope that it's a false positive and I've picked up something else but I highly doubt that's the case.

They’re 95% accurate aren’t they?

Looks like I'm going to have a positive NYE! :(

Sorry, I know I shouldn't make light of it but I'm feeling quite ******* dejected rn and hoping that the RAT was wrong and it really is a nasty head cold that I have today.

Sorry to hear brother. If you need any food dropped off hit me up mate.

And there it is; NSW break through the 5 figure barrier! 11,200 cases over the past 24 hours.

Vic up to 3,700'ish too.

Fair to say that this thing is out of the bag now... & will only get worse with the NYE/NYD get-togethers.

Fingers crossed as we get ready for this bumpy ride. Stay safe fellow NMFC brethren.
Well you can only get vaxxed. Not many other defences. Can't keep it at bay for ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back