News 2021 St.Kilda Media Thread

Anyone who has followed us should well untruly know we have a squad capable of achieving next year , the expectations were there this year but we fell flat on our face due to injury and having no back up players to fill the void.
Last year we had our biggest membership ever and the belief is there to top that next season.
achieving what next year , Do think making the 8 is achieving ?

Based off the last decade it is. When you've spent 10 years smoking bongs in your parents shed, getting your dole in on the right day is an achievement.

Why so negative Captain?

Have the cod stopped biting?

JaoDn4d.gif

Jesuswasacarpenter

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Based off the last decade it is. When you've spent 10 years smoking bongs in your parents shed, getting your dole in on the right day is an achievement.
I gave up the bongs 25 years ago....I make my own hand crafted Australian hardwood pipes now...they work a treat, Jarrah, Blackbutt and Spotted gum
25 smackers down the pub for the punters😊

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

Not really, but it's better than finishing 10th, and a step in the right direction.

...screw it, i'm bored, and I've just finished a bottle of Russian "champagne" and Moldovan red, so I'm going to make this a long read...better to be Tolstoy now, than Dostoyevsky in the morning.

I think we have a team capable of rattling a few of the big boy's cages. If things go well for us we could be a smokey for a top 4 finish and that would be beyond anyone's realistic expectations (albeit highly unlikely, as we are simply not good enough YET...but the potential is there, so therefore it's not altogether outside the realm of possibility) A more realistic achievement would be seeing the 22-24 year olds take massive strides, and become true game changers. If we finish around 6th and know that we have guys ready to punch holes through the comp for the next 5 years with obvious talent filling the well beneath them, then that will prove once and for all that we're heading in an upward trajectory.
It's a middle ground approach...but an achievement in the fact that many of us would be satiated and appeased.

If not, then shed bongs, may be a better option for all of us, rather than watching footy.

Not really, but it's better than finishing 10th, and a step in the right direction.

...screw it, i'm bored, and I've just finished a bottle of Russian "champagne" and Moldovan red, so I'm going to make this a long read...better to be Tolstoy now, than Dostoyevsky in the morning.

I think we have a team capable of rattling a few of the big boy's cages. If things go well for us we could be a smokey for a top 4 finish and that would be beyond anyone's realistic expectations (albeit highly unlikely, as we are simply not good enough YET...but the potential is there, so therefore it's not altogether outside the realm of possibility) A more realistic achievement would be seeing the 22-24 year olds take massive strides, and become true game changers. If we finish around 6th and know that we have guys ready to punch holes through the comp for the next 5 years with obvious talent filling the well beneath them, then that will prove once and for all that we're heading in an upward trajectory.
It's a middle ground approach...but an achievement in the fact that many of us would be satiated and appeased.

If not, then shed bongs, may be a better option for all of us, rather than watching footy.

I'm not overly positive about us but every other side looks s**t as well so there is no reason why we couldn't go top 4. It's like a lull period where no one looks like a dominant team. We need a bit to go right still but why not. Surely our luck has to turn at some point.

Back