Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television
Funniest line at the end when the President and everyone vacated the control room. “I’ve got a 20 yr old daughter to see” “I’m going to do an 8 ball” haha pissed myself
Sad when that was the funniest part of the entire film. 2/10

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Got about an hour through Don't Look Up and had enough.

I've told myself no more Netflix movies but always get sucked in when desperate for something to watch.

Pretty ordinary given the cast.
Preachy, smug movies from Hollywood hypocrites should have shorter running times.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I think ppl who don't like "Don't Look UP" maybe found it hit too close to home. That's what makes a brilliant black comedy/satire, though. It makes you squirm and laugh at the same time. Streep was brilliant as a Trump-like President. The tech billionaire was awesome in his craziness and god-delusions. Such a great movie. Up there with Idiocracy.

Last edited:
I think ppl who don't like "Don't Look UP" maybe found it hit too close to home. That's what makes a brilliant black comedy, though. It makes you squirm and laugh at the same time. Streep was brilliant as a Trump-like President. The tech billionaire was awesome. Such a great movie.
Would have benefited by not making it maga (as deliberate as it was) and bring in both sides of politics ultimately reaching the same conclusion but in different ways of getting there. The MAGA stuff was lazy.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Would have benefited by not making it maga (as deliberate as it was) and bring in both sides of politics ultimately reaching the same conclusion but in different ways of getting there. The MAGA stuff was lazy.
The MAGA stuff was relevant, as this is the world we live in today. So, to me, it wasn't lazy at all. It showed exactly how these ppl would react in the circumstances.

The MAGA stuff was relevant, as this is the world we live in today. So, to me, it wasn't lazy at all. It showed exactly how these ppl would react in the circumstances.
Shows how one side would react yes - but the comedy would be enhanced by an opposing politician also doing silly things. That’s why I thought it was lazy and targeted.

Don't Look Up was alright, I think if anything the comedy was the laziest part of the film. I think the disjointed change in tone towards the end is what probably put a few people off. Could have done a better job with that, although I think that was the intention.

Shows how one side would react yes - but the comedy would be enhanced by an opposing politician also doing silly things. That’s why I thought it was lazy and targeted.

Kinda was though, you had the 'benefit' concert essentially representing Hollywood as the other side, and then the issues from both sides being boiled down to simple hashtags towards the end. All politicians are as useless as each other, don't think passive/apathetic plays as well in a movie like this.

Back