Current Police hunting predator after sexual assault of 7yo girl in Ellenbrook home - WA

How long will it take WA police to make an arrest for this crime?

• Under two weeks

• Three weeks

• One month

• Three months

• One year

• Over one year

Results are only viewable after voting.
*UPDATE Police have found the flyscreen that had been removed but are still looking for her pyjama top

Police have made an urgent appeal for information after a “heinous” sexual assault on a seven-year-old Perth girl in her own bed on Boxing Day.

Child Abuse Squad detectives are investigating the incident, which allegedly took place between 8pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday at the young girl’s home in Ellenbrook, about 30km north-east of Perth.

WA Police Sex Crime Division Inspector Hamish McKenzie told reporters on Tuesday the little girl went to bed on Sunday and woke to tell her father, who then reported the alleged assault to police.

He said police believe a male offender unknown to the victim entered the house in that period.

Mounted police, forensic officers and drone operators are currently searching an area of Ellenbrook between Tonkin Highway, The Broadway and The Promenade for items that may assist the investigation, including a white window fly screen and a girl’s blue pyjama top that are missing from the home.

Insp McKenzie said police believed the top — which depicts a festive gingerbread man and the slogan “oh snap” — was taken from the family home, but did not confirm whether the little girl was wearing it when she went to bed.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online.

ohsnap.png

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
It's terrifying and I don't want to reduce the seriousness but they might have woken up and she was gone. It's so important they find the person that did this, before he does it again.

I don't think you are reducing the seriousness, the family would be so torn right now between feelings of gratitude that their little daughter is alive to pure shock, anger and digust as to what has happened.

I mean I feel that way and she wasn't my child

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Charged.

'Child abuse squad detectives have charged the 25-year-old man from Ellenbrook with a string of serious offences over what police have described as a “disturbing attack”.'

'He will face Midland Magistrates Court on Thursday.'

Last edited:
Charged.

'Child abuse squad detectives have charged the 25-year-old man from Ellenbrook with a string of serious offences over what police have described as a “disturbing attack”.'

The CCTV video gives some insight into how these kinds of predators operate. He tested the fence, scoped it out, ran off then went back to the fence, ran off again and came back wearing a backpack.

I want to know if the backpack was empty and what he needed it for in there? Is he a thief breaking and entering into people's houses while they sleep and exploited the opportunity to attack a 7 yo girl in her bedroom?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
'Ellenbrook attack allegations: Police on watch at home of accused child predator Callum Ferris Davies'

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Maybe we could have a poll 'How long before someone in the press targets the wrong Callum Davies on Facebook?'
Too late.
It's already happened on Facebook this afternoon.

To whom ... not going there ... as it will only make things worse for the affected person.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I've never used my surname and always had privacy settings on but after the CS case and reading through posts on BF, I deleted everyone off my Facebook except for 12 family members. Deleted all photos etc. I'd like to delete it all together but all my family are in different states and countries to me and use it for school and sports club updates.

But you lot well and truly put me off FB.

This is paywalled but the headline is interesting, he must have known it was only a matter of time when the police released the CCTV so handed himself in which might benefit at sentencing.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
'Ellenbrook attack allegations: Police on watch at home of accused child predator Callum Ferris Davies'

Were his parents fans of Ferris Buellers Day Off?

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
This is paywalled but the headline is interesting, he must have known it was only a matter of time when the police released the CCTV so handed himself in which might benefit at sentencing.

Nah, he read the poll here on BF

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

I think he was worried someone would recognise him and get to him first. Perhaps his parents he was living with.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Charges include burglary.
The Court case has been moved to the District Court - January 27, 2022.
Broke in through a bathroom window.

Might end up having some similarities with the recent near Carnarvon WA, Blowholes 4yo camping case, if they are both proven to have started out as a burglary.

'Police have revealed that Mr Davies, 25, handed himself in shortly after they released CCTV vision on Wednesday of a man climbing over the wall of a neighbour’s house and into the backyard near the girl’s home where the assault took place.'

'On Friday, Police Minister Paul Papalia said detectives were close to tracking down Mr Davies before he turned himself in.'

'Police allege that Mr Davies broke into the girl’s home through the bathroom window about 12.30am on Monday and sexually assaulted her in her bed while her parents and sibling slept in rooms nearby.'

'Insp. Hamish McKenzie said ... it was not believed that the accused predator targeted the girl or her family, despite living nearby.'

'Mr Davies faces charges of sexual penetration of a child aged 13 or younger, indecent dealings with a child aged 13 or younger, deprivation of liberty, impeding a person’s normal breathing by blocking their nose or mouth, impeding a person’s normal breathing or blood circulation by applying pressure to their neck and aggravated home burglary.

He is due back in Midland Magistrates Court on January 27, with a police prosecutor saying the charges against Mr Davie were “indictable offences” and would be moved up to the District Court.'

'A conviction for sexual penetration of a child carries a minimum 15-year jail term when committed during an aggravated home burglary.'

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Ugh. We should all consider getting CCTV for our houses, inside and out. A bit Orwellian, but hey. Today's society :(
It's not all that expensive these days. I have a 4 camera 4k system that set me back around $800. One thing you have to take into consideration is that if you don't notice something awry in the hours after it happens your files might be overwritten, depending on the size of the hard disk and your settings. Most home owners probably wouldn't be backing up their files for later perusal if required.

Back