Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t realise Bowey was such an attractive price and considering him as a POD over Sicily. Will Bowey hold down the back flank position and a set 22 player next year in your opinion who could ave 70 odd?
He's locked in our side

Whilst his scoring wasn't amazing last year, he averaged 17 touches per game from 7 games, three of which were finals - for context, Milera's career average is 16.85 disposals per game

It wouldn't shock me if he pushed 80 average, with the added benefit of avoiding the headache of eventually getting injured like Milera

Typically had 75% + TOG in the games he played, so not one of those young players that'll be held back it seems

It's still a bit of a speculative pick but reckon I'll start him

Last edited:
He's locked in our side

Whilst his scoring wasn't amazing last year, he averaged 17 touches per game from 7 games, three of which were finals - for context, Milera's career average is 16.85 disposals per game

It wouldn't shock me if he pushed 80 average, with the added benefit of avoiding the headache of eventually getting injured like Milera

Typically had 75% + TOG in the games he played, so not one of those young players that'll be held back it seems

It's still a bit of a speculative pick but reckon I'll start him

Thanks for the info.

Im more so considering him over Sicily is he can go around that 70+ mark.

Even if that’s 5 or so points below Sicily, for that extra 140k that can be better used else where.

Never usually like taking player after 12 months out of the game. Think it could take Sicily a good month or two to get back into the grove and the Hawks also now have Jiath down back who seemed to be a good interceptor when played. Albeit I don’t want to many hawks games but with a new coach too, can Sicily and Jiath share the same role down back or is their a possibility Mitchell will again they move Sicily forward?

Thanks for the info.

Im more so considering him over Sicily is he can go around that 70+ mark.

Even if that’s 5 or so points below Sicily, for that extra 140k that can be better used else where.

Never usually like taking player after 12 months out of the game. Think it could take Sicily a good month or two to get back into the grove and the Hawks also now have Jiath down back who seemed to be a good interceptor when played. Albeit I don’t want to many hawks games but with a new coach too, can Sicily and Jiath share the same role down back or is their a possibility Mitchell will again they move Sicily forward?
The hawks backline will be very interesting. How do they fit in all of; Impey, Day, Sic, Jiath, Hardwick, Scrimshaw then a KPP or two

Does anyone have any thoughts on who will replace Houli (Rich) & Birchall (Bris)?

It looked like toward the back end of last year Brissy had Coleman playing that HBF role. I think he gets first crack at it
Wilmont is one to keep eye out on as well

Does anyone have any thoughts on who will replace Houli (Rich) & Birchall (Bris)?
It looked like toward the back end of last year Brissy had Coleman playing that HBF role. I think he gets first crack at it
A lot of people keen on Coleman for 2022 but he didn’t score very well in Fantasy. The role change seems reflected in his Super Coach scores but 60’s and 70’s in AF don’t do a lot for me.

Definitely a preseason watch though and he is only priced at 41.

Based on late last season, Dan Rioli is the replacement for Houli. He looked comfortable and scored really well. First time in years that he’s been able to display his talent and creativity.

Last edited:
A lot of people keen on Coleman for 2022 but he didn’t score very well in Fantasy. The role change seems reflected in his Super Coach scores but 60’s and 70’s in AF don’t do a lot for me.

Definitely a preseason watch though and he is only priced at 41.

Based on late last season, Dan Rioli is the replacement for Houli. He looked comfortable and scored really well. First time in years that he’s been able to display his talent and creativity.
I don’t know what the magic number is this year, if it’s $8k then Rioli is priced at 60, I think he’s a 85-90 ave type, so a good stepping stone to an Uber premo

Where do you guys stand on Aaron Hall? Is a big price to pay now

He was one of my first picked .....but $$$ are tight ...will Hall start the season strongly or ease into it & drop in price

Looking at the stats today, I've opted to start with Zeibell ....if not for his bad back in the later half of the season, his ave would have been around the same as Hall

So I saved myself $75K

Never again will I pay top price for a player after Lloyd last year

Would go Lloyd or Dawson first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what I’m thinking too. A 109 price tag is a lot for a guy with Halls injury history
If he's playing the same role as last year he's actually underprice by 8-10 points. I don't have him in my side at the moment either but I'll be spewing when he's averagine 125+ in the first month lol

If he's playing the same role as last year he's actually underprice by 8-10 points. I don't have him in my side at the moment either but I'll be spewing when he's averagine 125+ in the first month lol

This thinking has got me in trouble so many times with starting top priced players. I’d refer to Whitfield in 2020 as the best example. Priced at 113 which was ‘unders’ because he had a few injury affected games the year before, then went 60, 60, 10 being concussed and dropped 200k. One bad game for what ever reason from Hall and his price goes down and betting he goes a whole season without copping something is foolish. Good luck to anyone who starts Hall!

This thinking has got me in trouble so many times with starting top priced players. I’d refer to Whitfield in 2020 as the best example. Priced at 113 which was ‘unders’ because he had a few injury affected games the year before, then went 60, 60, 10 being concussed and dropped 200k. One bad game for what ever reason from Hall and his price goes down and betting he goes a whole season without copping something is foolish. Good luck to anyone who starts Hall!

He missed two games last year, so I'd call that a pretty durable season, IMO.

His role is a lot less contested now as a running half back, so there's far less chance of impact injuries like he's had in the past. I'm backing him in, as no defender even came close to what he did from Round 7 onwards (priced at 109 and went at 119.5 for those last 16 rounds) - bar Laird who is only available as a mid now.

Plenty are choosing Whit as well, and you could argue he's just as 'injury prone' as Hall has been in the past. Not to mention Neale who was wrecked by injury and is super cheap as a result- so it's all risk and reward when it comes to these type of players. Could be a bust, could be a gold mine, but we won't know until the season is well underway :)

Last edited:
He missed two games last year, so I'd call that a pretty durable season, IMO.

His role is a lot less contested now as a running half back, so there's far less chance of impact injuries like he's had in the past. I'm backing him in, as no defender even came close to what he did from Round 7 onwards (priced at 109 and went at 119.5 for those last 16 rounds) - bar Laird who is only available as a mid now.

Plenty are choosing Whit as well, and you could argue he's just as 'injury prone' as Hall has been in the past. Not to mention Neale who was wrecked by injury and is super cheap as a result- so it's all risk and reward when it comes to these type of players. Could be a bust, could be a gold mine, but we won't know until the season is well underway :)

Again I’ve thought this previous years and been caught out. Rule of thumb being if a player has a career year over 30 it’s almost always an outlier and in a new year anything can happen. I’ve thought ‘this player looks absolutely irresistible’ after a great second half to the year and then once the roll they were on is broken with the finish of the year they just never capture the same form the next year.

Also yes he only missed two games but he also had two low injury scores. What if he does that priced at 109? Even just one? Absolute nightmare. Both Neale and Whitfield are priced at 93 so with the same ceiling they have more upside, so are less risk as both have a lot more runs on the board. Would it surprise you if Hall was average to start the year and got dropped? It’s not out of the realms of possibilities!

Thoughts on Daniel Rioli? Priced at 56 and in the last 5 games of 2021 he went at 79 average playing at half back.

He's a pre-season watch for me but if he's playing in the back line I can see him going at 80 which is enough upside for me to pick him.

Thoughts on Daniel Rioli? Priced at 56 and in the last 5 games of 2021 he went at 79 average playing at half back.

He's a pre-season watch for me but if he's playing in the back line I can see him going at 80 which is enough upside for me to pick him.
He's in my team, looks to be taking on Houli's role, his DPP status is also a consideration allowing flexibility with rookie priced players like Skinner and Kelly, which will be handy given the likelihood of Covid disruptions.

your on your own.gif

Listening to Moreira I have decided to pay a bit more and go Whitfield D1 over Short

Defenders are causing me some issues
I've got Whitfield at D3 .....and hoping my Heppell at D4 is a POD ....so I'd ask you keep this just between us ;)

I've got Whitfield at D3 .....and hoping my Heppell at D4 is a POD ....so I'd ask you keep this just between us ;)
Whitfield at 3 so Hall Lloyd Whitfield?

My POD is Hewitt over Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back