2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Breuer has signed to play for our SANFL side.

Someone on here linked him with us pre-draft but I can’t remember who. You were right, so feel free to claim it.

Looks like he left WWT (mostly in the reserves there) at the end of 2020 and was with Port District in Div 1 in the Adelaide Footy League last year, so that's why we could sign him.
Was a fairly handy player for WWT and PA Magpies. I think he played state football while at PA. I think it was injuries mainly that saw him drop out.

Probably Mutineer, because Breuer is from out his way.
Yep, I mentioned I'd heard from one of my GWV Rebel insiders that we'd shown quite a bit of interest in Sam Breuur, the son of former Powa/Cats AFL player Shane who was a serious footballer too. Danger in Texas Jeffcrowe

Sam played mostly across half back but late in the season moved into the midfield with good success so this comes as no surprise, can play and is certainly a Nicks type player with great work rate and a definitely a 2 way runner, handy turn of pace and a very long kick.

Charlie Molan another GWV ranga that that should also try his hand in the SANFL as he certainly has plenty of AFL attributes, a similar type player to Sam Breuer. Can't have too many rangas can ya?

Any news on Jamieson Ballantyne bicks?
Training with the Western Bulldogs in the hope of landing a rookie spot I believe, I guess if he misses out there he may suit up for their VFL team in an effort to get on an AFL list. Definitely a player with an excellent skill set and plenty of upside if he can improve his contested ball a tad.

Yep, I mentioned I'd heard from one of my GWV Rebel insiders that we'd shown quite a bit of interest in Sam Breuur, the son of former Powa/Cats AFL player Shane who was a serious footballer too. Danger in Texas Jeffcrowe

Sam played mostly across half back but late in the season moved into the midfield with good success so this comes as no surprise, can play and is certainly a Nicks type player with great work rate and a definitely a 2 way runner, handy turn of pace and a very long kick.

Charlie Molan another GWV ranga that that should also try his hand in the SANFL as he certainly has plenty of AFL attributes, a similar type player to Sam Breuer. Can't have too many rangas can ya?
Yep you called our interest in him , quite liked his game for country v metro so it’s possible that he’s better than quite a few people that were drafted

we are not exactly hiding him so if he gets taken by another club in mid season draft good luck to him

Also hearing Hamish Sinnott who went undrafted after receiving a National Combine invite has been offered a spot as an overager for the GWV Rebels in 2022.
Another lightly built quite skillful player that has plenty of AFL traits just needs to put some time in into building up his physique and might get another shot at getting drafted.

Positive test for A 20-year-old Roosters league and reserves player.
Article just up in the tiser
Just talking about it on Sportsday now. Player(s) went to training so they've now got 35 players in quarantine for a week.

Also said Phil Smyth is doing some work at the club with the coaching group too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

www.afc.com.au/news/1041124

They have cut the SANFL top-ups to only 15, under the guise of more “one on one coaching”… what could possibly go wrong

Almost feel sorry for Godden, the only poor diluted used car salesman they reckon they can get to coach this side and they force him to come out to pedal those lines of “We’re going out there to win it” knowing full well they are not going to get near every team they face and his recruits are 3 blokes he coached 10 years ago at WWT and a lot of 18 year olds.

Has anyone heard if O'Loughlin and Dudley are going to play for our SANFL team next year?
Hamish mentioned after the draft that he hoped this would happen so they could stay within our system.
Why would the Dogs and Roosters sign off on that though now they've not been drafted or rookied by an us/an AFL club.
If they have serious AFL aspirations their best chance is to play for their SANFL teams because no way would we be giving any guarantees of picking them up. The AFL moves on quickly.

Why would the Dogs and Roosters sign off on that though now they've not been drafted or rookied by an us/an AFL club.
If they have serious AFL aspirations their best chance is to play for their SANFL teams because no way would we be giving any guarantees of picking them up. The AFL moves on quickly.
Wouldn’t it be up to the players though?
If they played with the crows SANFL team they’d be guaranteed of playing league week in week out and potentially improve their chances of being drafted.

Wouldn’t it be up to the players though?
If they played with the crows SANFL team they’d be guaranteed of playing league week in week out and potentially improve their chances of being drafted.
SANFL ultimately, they're registered SANFL players at this point.

Further to SANFL’s 2022 rule changes, the SA Football Commission has approved adjustments to SANFL’s annual AFL Licence and Regulation review with the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs, including:
  • Adelaide and Port Adelaide would have access to Father-Son prospects in their 18th year, for a full season to play in their SANFL team – if they haven’t already played League with their SANFL club. In this instance, the AFL club would pay the player’s SANFL club a $5000 transfer fee.
  • Removal of a transfer fee for Next Generation Academy and Father-Son players in their 18th and 19th year, who are yet to play League Football at their SANFL club, allowing them an opportunity to play and train with their AFL-aligned SANFL club over a four-week period.
Spend $5K to Norwood and 4 weeks each for O'Loughlin and Dudley

Further to SANFL’s 2022 rule changes, the SA Football Commission has approved adjustments to SANFL’s annual AFL Licence and Regulation review with the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs, including:
  • Adelaide and Port Adelaide would have access to Father-Son prospects in their 18th year, for a full season to play in their SANFL team – if they haven’t already played League with their SANFL club. In this instance, the AFL club would pay the player’s SANFL club a $5000 transfer fee.
  • Removal of a transfer fee for Next Generation Academy and Father-Son players in their 18th and 19th year, who are yet to play League Football at their SANFL club, allowing them an opportunity to play and train with their AFL-aligned SANFL club over a four-week period.
Spend $5K to Norwood and 4 weeks each for O'Loughlin and Dudley
So essentially Michaelanny can play for our SANFL side this year?
That's pretty cool.

If Tyler Welsh doesn't play league this year he becomes eligible for our SANFL side next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back