EPL Matchday 20 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Well within his rights to be frustrated. He’s pissed at our decimated squad, no one’s fault, but has every right to be annoyed by it. Especially given we’re one of the only teams that has yet to have a game postponed.. despite actually having a good handful of players with covid, on top of 5 games in 14 days, throwing all the rotations out of whack and cooking the fitness of whoever is left. Meanwhile Brighton have played 3 games this month. We did well to get a point out of that all things considered. I’d be livid if I was managing that squad too.

Everyone loves glossing over the context to our bad form but when Virgil was missing you’d hear about it daily, excusing Liverpools poor form

It's almost like you don't have one of the most expensive squads in the world and have a crap ton of good young players in your youth teams to call on.

I think you had two players on the bench that cost about as much as our whole squad yesterday.

His stonewall penalty call did make people laugh though.

I'm well aware of being glossed over.

Even though we often outplay and occasionally beat these big teams when we do all we hear is 80% about the team we bettered. Not about our team as the main focus.

Rather cheeky comment for someone that supports a club that's trophyless in 14 years.
Threw out some stinky bait expecting just Cruyff14 to come biting and managed to reel in another Arsenal poster

Threw out some stinky bait expecting just Cruyff14 to come biting and managed to reel in another Arsenal poster
You seem to reel in Hawfies a lot easier.
Slow learners jumping back in the boat ;)

It's almost like you don't have one of the most expensive squads in the world and have a crap ton of good young players in your youth teams to call on.

I think you had two players on the bench that cost about as much as our whole squad yesterday.

His stonewall penalty call did make people laugh though.

I'm well aware of being glossed over.

Even though we often outplay and occasionally beat these big teams when we do all we hear is 80% about the team we bettered. Not about our team as the main focus.

He didn't say Pulisic penalty was stonewall surely? He overran the ball and left it behind him, left his leg looking to go down having lost the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor comparison. It was VVD, Matip & Gomez all out at the same time and all out with season ending injuries. If only it was just Virgil.
Don’t know if that’s much different to Chilwell out for the year, James off in the first half, Jorgi, Kante, Kovacic, Lukaku all either playing hurt or recently back from lengthy layoffs. Silva out, Christensen gone first half, and anyone not listed there pretty much has covid or have played the last 5 games in 2 weeks.

It’s not just the players missing, it’s the blokes having to back up for 5 games on the trot due to lack of options, against a very fresh team no less. We’ve done well to actually be in most of our games. Killing it off early is our only hope because you can guarantee we’ll get overrun at some point late

Don’t know if that’s much different to Chilwell out for the year, James off in the first half, Jorgi, Kante, Kovacic, Lukaku all either playing hurt or recently back from lengthy layoffs. Silva out, Christensen gone first half, and anyone not listed there pretty much has covid or have played the last 5 games in 2 weeks.

It’s not just the players missing, it’s the blokes having to back up for 5 games on the trot due to lack of options, against a very fresh team no less. We’ve done well to actually be in most of our games. Killing it off early is our only hope because you can guarantee we’ll get overrun at some point late

The equivalent would be if all 4 of your fullbacks were out for the rest of the season and you played a player who played at Kidderminister the previous season at RB and a player who played second division Germany last season at LB while spending just 1.5m in the transfer window on a replacement.

This graph shows that we had more than 1 player out. We regularly fielded a reserves midfield (I think Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson played together there like once), then we had midfielders, Nat Phillips, Rhys Williams and Ozan Kabak at CB.
0_injuries1.jpg

The equivalent would be if all 4 of your fullbacks were out for the rest of the season and you played a player who played at Kidderminister the previous season at RB and a player who played second division Germany last season at LB while spending just 1.5m in the transfer window on a replacement.
My point was, that got plenty of coverage and sympathy. The way people are carrying on now it’s like we’ve got a full strength team out there getting beaten when that’s far from the case. The names on the team sheet might look alright but thats not telling the full story. We looked the best we have for a very long time when we played Juventus, then s**t hit the fan. But apparently it’s Tuchels fault for not having 40 world class players at his disposal and he’s not allowed to be frustrated at it. Klopp, meanwhile, gets full support and completely excused of any poor performance because he’s missing 3 defenders.

We still sit second (game in hand with Liverpool) even despite all this. I think that shows we have depth, it’s just being pushed to its absolute limit now

This graph shows that we had more than 1 player out. We regularly fielded a reserves midfield (I think Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson played together there like once), then we had midfielders, Nat Phillips, Rhys Williams and Ozan Kabak at CB.
0_injuries1.jpg
Yes, but as I mentioned above. This was well known all year and used as the primary excuse (probably fair enough too) but Tuchel and Chelsea aren’t being given the same leniency, despite still putting up a fair fight. We’ve apparently failed because we aren’t keeping pace with a juggernaut who have had a dream run with injuries and covid

My point was, that got plenty of coverage and sympathy. The way people are carrying on now it’s like we’ve got a full strength team out there getting beaten when that’s far from the case. The names on the team sheet might look alright but thats not telling the full story. We looked the best we have for a very long time when we played Juventus, then sh*t hit the fan. But apparently it’s Tuchels fault for not having 40 world class players at his disposal and he’s not allowed to be frustrated at it. Klopp, meanwhile, gets full support and completely excused of any poor performance because he’s missing 3 defenders.

We still sit second (game in hand with Liverpool) even despite all this. I think that shows we have depth, it’s just being pushed to its absolute limit now

It got plenty of coverage because it is almost unheard of for any team to have 3 CBs out at the same time with season ending injuries. Chelsea are nowhere near that level of hurt injury wise yet.

It got plenty of coverage because it is almost unheard of for any team to have 3 CBs out at the same time with season ending injuries. Chelsea are nowhere near that level of hurt injury wise yet.
Not season ending no, but for the past month, yes. That’s why there’s still hope that it can be turned around into the new year. But also why it’s frustrating that our past months form is being completely glossed over out of context and now we are apparently garbage. Just gotta love the classic reactionary English fans and media

Injuries, covid, busiest time of the schedule, doesn’t take a genius to work out why we’ve been having poor second halves and conceding late goals.

No one cares about opposition clubs injuries.

Liverpool were able to put out high quality, expensively purchased squads last year, and Chelsea have this year.

Managers going on about it are boring.

Not season ending no, but for the past month, yes. That’s why there’s still hope that it can be turned around into the new year. But also why it’s frustrating that our past months form is being completely glossed over out of context and now we are apparently garbage. Just gotta love the classic reactionary English fans and media

Injuries, covid, busiest time of the schedule, doesn’t take a genius to work out why we’ve been having poor second halves and conceding late goals.

Who says your garbage? I have you as the major challengee to City for the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back