Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Heat
Curnow has gone the same way Daniher has but the upside is Curnow is younger and is a highly accurate goal kicker. He should match 2021 Daniher as long as he plays through the season and give a odd huge score above that Daniher could achieve.

Curnow is significantly more injury prone then Daniher was and I don't know how you can judge he is a much more accurate kick.

Daniher kicked 42.28 last year, 8 goals more and more accurate then Curnows best (34.20). Curnow also only managed 2.5 in his 4 games back last year.

Joe's best season pre injury was 62.37

Would be surprised to see him come off worse injuries and improve on his best ever for goal kicking when McKay has gone past him as the #1 option.

He may match Joe this year but honestly I'd be surprised if he did. Not a bad option by any means if he makes it clean through the pre-season though. Just don't think a 80 SC is guaranteed

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Curnow is significantly more injury prone then Daniher was and I don't know how you can judge he is a much more accurate kick.

Daniher kicked 42.28 last year, 8 goals more and more accurate then Curnows best (34.20). Curnow also only managed 2.5 in his 4 games back last year.

Joe's best season pre injury was 62.37

Would be surprised to see him come off worse injuries and improve on his best ever for goal kicking when McKay has gone past him as the #1 option.

He may match Joe this year but honestly I'd be surprised if he did. Not a bad option by any means if he makes it clean through the pre-season though. Just don't think a 80 SC is guaranteed

42.28 is not more accurate than 34.20. It is less accurate. Just saying.

I see McKay having gone past him as a positive, Harry will take the heat and the best defender, Charlie will be up the field more, may get more possessions but still kick goals I reckon.

42.28 is not more accurate than 34.20. It is less accurate. Just saying.

I see McKay having gone past him as a positive, Harry will take the heat and the best defender, Charlie will be up the field more, may get more possessions but still kick goals I reckon.
Great engine too

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Curnow has gone the same way Daniher has but the upside is Curnow is younger and is a highly accurate goal kicker. He should match 2021 Daniher as long as he plays through the season and give a odd huge score above that Daniher could achieve.
Daniher was at the Lions though not Carltank

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Jake Riccardi $230,200 Mid/Fwd.
Played a game in defence in vfl. 40 disposals, 19 marks, 184 fantasy points.
On watchlist if Giants have him best 22 and moved to defence.
I'll see that and raise you Billy Frampton ......worse fwd is the history of the Crows ....BUT he was switched to CHB 2/3rd thru the season in the SANFL & played 2 AFL games in the back-end of the season

Now, he could be an absolute dud .....or he could be a mid-price option ....takes a good clunk, very mobile, and good kick .....just a **** fwd

1640914689880.png

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I must admit there are a million midpricers that im considering and im tempted to go full blown mid-priced madness. The position which determines which direction i will ultimately take is the midfield. I can lock in 5 guns (Macrae/Steele/Oliver/Titch/Neale) and select a team full of mid-priced players surrounding that but im currently contemplating going for a value midfield and looking to load up on underpriced options (LDU/Rowell/Serong/Caldwell/Berry) alongside Macrae and Neale who are locked in. Not sure which way to go but this year more than ever, i see so many potential mid-pricers but then again, rookies will come along after the preseason games and ill probably don a GnR/MPM hybrid team which is usually what i go for. I usually lean more to MPM than GnR though.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I must admit there are a million midpricers that im considering and im tempted to go full blown mid-priced madness. The position which determines which direction i will ultimately take is the midfield. I can lock in 5 guns (Macrae/Steele/Oliver/Titch/Neale) and select a team full of mid-priced players surrounding that but im currently contemplating going for a value midfield and looking to load up on underpriced options (LDU/Rowell/Serong/Caldwell/Berry) alongside Macrae and Neale who are locked in. Not sure which way to go but this year more than ever, i see so many potential mid-pricers but then again, rookies will come along after the preseason games and ill probably don a GnR/MPM hybrid team which is usually what i go for. I usually lean more to MPM than GnR though.
Don't do it - too risky. You get any of those wrong and the teams with an extra SP and/or rookie cash cow are gaining on you.

MPM more worth it in defence and forward lines imo.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Don't do it - too risky. You get any of those wrong and the teams with an extra SP and/or rookie cash cow are gaining on you.

MPM more worth it in defence and forward lines imo.
I did it last year with Wines/N.Anderson/Simpkin and kept Simpkin and Wines all season long. Traded Anderson after about 5 rounds. I told myself i wouldnt do it again but i think LDU, Serong & Rowell are all absolute guns. Doesnt mean ill select them but it will tempt me up to the start of the season. Berry and Caldwell are relatively low risk picks too i think given their respective prices. Obviously what i decide on with my midfield will have a massive impact on the rest of my team. I think going with 4 midfield guns and Neale is playing it safe, not a bad thing at all, but means the rest of your team must be a bit different for you to get ahead of the pack. Its the % play for sure but the payoff isnt as great as finding an underpriced gun or 2. Going with mid-priced mids is for sure a very low % play but if it comes off it can pay off handsomely.

I like to be a little different which often means poor decisions but also means im willing to take risks. Saying that doesnt necessarily mean im leaning towards the mid-priced midfield it just means that sometimes i go against the odds and hope it pays off! I'll be honest though, ive never finished very highly in SC, i do much better at dream team.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I did it last year with Wines/N.Anderson/Simpkin and kept Simpkin and Wines all season long. Traded Anderson after about 5 rounds. I told myself i wouldnt do it again but i think LDU, Serong & Rowell are all absolute guns. Doesnt mean ill select them but it will tempt me up to the start of the season. Berry and Caldwell are relatively low risk picks too i think given their respective prices. Obviously what i decide on with my midfield will have a massive impact on the rest of my team. I think going with 4 midfield guns and Neale is playing it safe, not a bad thing at all, but means the rest of your team must be a bit different for you to get ahead of the pack. Its the % play for sure but the payoff isnt as great as finding an underpriced gun or 2. Going with mid-priced mids is for sure a very low % play but if it comes off it can pay off handsomely.

I like to be a little different which often means poor decisions but also means im willing to take risks. Saying that doesnt necessarily mean im leaning towards the mid-priced midfield it just means that sometimes i go against the odds and hope it pays off! I'll be honest though, ive never finished very highly in SC, i do much better at dream team.
Fair enough mate, it would be boring if we call started with the same team.

Depending what your expectations are, I don't think it's possible to get a big jump on the better SC players. If any of your speculative picks starts fast, they won't be a POD for long. At best you might get them to yourself until round 4-5. But even then are they scoring better than the SP you didn't start? And is it enough to offset the other speculative picks that don't work?

Getting captain choices right and trading well are more important imo. I reckon you could ignore all the chatter for the next few months and just pick a vanilla team of the most popular players the day before round one starts and you would be no worse off than most. Not as much fun of course though.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Getting captain choices right and trading well are more important imo.

This was, is, and likely to be my future downfall .....I know what the issue is (that damn Coach) ...the question is, can he be educated

WW face journey .gif

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Fair enough mate, it would be boring if we call started with the same team.

Depending what your expectations are, I don't think it's possible to get a big jump on the better SC players. If any of your speculative picks starts fast, they won't be a POD for long. At best you might get them to yourself until round 4-5. But even then are they scoring better than the SP you didn't start? And is it enough to offset the other speculative picks that don't work?

Getting captain choices right and trading well are more important imo. I reckon you could ignore all the chatter for the next few months and just pick a vanilla team of the most popular players the day before round one starts and you would be no worse off than most. Not as much fun of course though.

Absolutely. Trading is what separates the best from the rest. I've never actually gone with a full mid-priced madness team for what its worth. Usually i pick about 5 mid-pricers which is above average but i havent fully committed to the strategy and started say 8+. This may be the year where i go full blown mid-priced madness.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
This was, is, and likely to be my future downfall .....I know what the issue is (that damn Coach) ...the question is, can he be educated

View attachment 1303989
Yeah I sucked at trading especially last year, and was down 8 points on average on the previous year for my captain scores, too many duds.

Absolutely. Trading is what separates the best from the rest. I've never actually gone with a full mid-priced madness team for what its worth. Usually i pick about 5 mid-pricers which is above average but i havent fully committed to the strategy and started say 8+. This may be the year where i go full blown mid-priced madness.

Nothing wrong with have Midpricers in your team. I never look at them as being keepers but sometimes you get lucky like last year Impey/Ziebell. The trick is don't get too many I like starting with 4-6. Even with 6 you can still start with about 11 Premo's but the trick is don't pay too much. Under $350k you can still make a bit of money and you should get decent scoring but over that and you really are looking at them as a keeper.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I'll see that and raise you Billy Frampton ......worse fwd is the history of the Crows ....BUT he was switched to CHB 2/3rd thru the season in the SANFL & played 2 AFL games in the back-end of the season

Now, he could be an absolute dud .....or he could be a mid-price option ....takes a good clunk, very mobile, and good kick .....just a **** fwd

View attachment 1303830

The 'PLAYERS YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ARE STILL ON AN AFL LIST' thread is back on the main board mate.

View attachment 1303830
Genuine lolz

I’ll raise you Ben Long since we’re on the subject

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Genuine lolz

I’ll raise you Ben Long since we’re on the subject

That went well.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back