Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
s

so what did that scene mean?
It meant 9 episodes of nothing.
Good acting, slow story, nothing developed. I thought there was an episode 10. That is how no.9 got me.
I was waiting for the last act. but it was all over, like Richmond and GWS.

So what it meant, was, another season already booked in and maybe even being made, but really this was rubbish, the way the old man was going to do a deal, AND CRUCIFIED THE WHOLE FAMILY, but someone else I believe, will pop into the scene, and save them all.

It seemed to be a suck you in show, where you get caught all the time wondering as nothing happens, so I'll check out the next one, I think.
Depends if anything happens besides smart dialogue and displays of good acting, I guess quality performances are worth a storyless program?

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
S3E8

After a night of very raunchy pillow talk which included Shiv telling Tom she didn't love him and he wasn't worthy of her, one of the lines of the series was reserved for a backpedalling Shiv the following day - "What happens in Sex Vegas ..."

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just finished season 1. Like it to start the Machiavellian twists and turns, changing alliances are great but to me it feels like it loses steam.
Logan basically just bullies and intimidates everyone without any grand strategy (and people are too scared to take him on) and they over do it on the family drama angle. I really don't care about childhood emotions etc. its the fight for control and strategy which intrigues.

Of the characters annoying ones are Rava (happy to take the prestige but rags on Kendall), Roman (Kendall was right he wouldn't get a job flipping burgers but acts like a know it. That million dollar bet etc) Connor (gets annoying) and Tom. (Reckon he is incredibly two faced. Arse kisser who is happy to bully those under him.

OK characters (for the show I mean). Shiv= A total bitch but doesn't pretend to be anything else. Straight up fights for her corner.
Kendall = Power hungry and willing to take on the old man. Even if he lacks confidence. He is very shrewd. I'd be on Team Kendall if I was a shareholder.So he is a drugged up lunatic. Come out and own it. Don't be bullied by your ex or the corporate types. Stewy and Roman are just as bad but don't take prisoners.
Marcia= So power hungry but is the best plotter. She knows how to play people and is well ensconced.

Am meh on Cousin Greg. Good for a cameo but gets so annoying after a while. I get he is naïve in the big city but just comes off as a dope after a while. Liked when he blackmailed Kendall over the cruises thou.

I like the cameo characters like Gerri, Connor's GF/hooker and Frank. In their own way they've been round the block and are pretty savvy. Stewy I find a s**t head. Nate is good. He's actually Shiv's first choice. That scene with Tom at the wedding was more Tom protecting his rep. If he was that bothered why did he go to that sex party or not seek clarification when Shiv said no to the infidelity clause on the pre nup.

Worth a look. Similar to Billions but more added layers. Has a bit of a corporate Boardwalk Empire feel. Lacks the intrigue and the depth to be another Breaking Bad thou.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
That ending thou wow. Kendall had it all planned just got way way in over his head. Just do your coke and go to bed. Insanity taking that ride. Just blew it. Had to take the old mans life boat. Good final scene from Logan/Brian Cox. And the Marcia actress. Did show vulnerability. That look of pity he had for him as he left. Like he said earlier when he was nothing and not for the world (not out of spite in hindsight but he just knew him too well.) In his own way he does love his kids but he is just a ruthless bastard who shows no mercy. He now has an iron grip on everything. The satellite, accident and deal with the Senator means none of the kids can really get out of line.

Last edited:

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Just finished season 1. Like it to start the Machiavellian twists and turns, changing alliances are great but to me it feels like it loses steam.
Logan basically just bullies and intimidates everyone without any grand strategy (and people are too scared to take him on) and they over do it on the family drama angle. I really don't care about childhood emotions etc. its the fight for control and strategy which intrigues.

Of the characters annoying ones are Rava (happy to take the prestige but rags on Kendall), Roman (Kendall was right he wouldn't get a job flipping burgers but acts like a know it. That million dollar bet etc) Connor (gets annoying) and Tom. (Reckon he is incredibly two faced. Arse kisser who is happy to bully those under him.

OK characters (for the show I mean). Shiv= A total b*tch but doesn't pretend to be anything else. Straight up fights for her corner.
Kendall = Power hungry and willing to take on the old man. Even if he lacks confidence. He is very shrewd. I'd be on Team Kendall if I was a shareholder.So he is a drugged up lunatic. Come out and own it. Don't be bullied by your ex or the corporate types. Stewy and Roman are just as bad but don't take prisoners.
Marcia= So power hungry but is the best plotter. She knows how to play people and is well ensconced.

Am meh on Cousin Greg. Good for a cameo but gets so annoying after a while. I get he is naïve in the big city but just comes off as a dope after a while. Liked when he blackmailed Kendall over the cruises thou.

I like the cameo characters like Gerri, Connor's GF/hooker and Frank. In their own way they've been round the block and are pretty savvy. Stewy I find a sh*t head. Nate is good. He's actually Shiv's first choice. That scene with Tom at the wedding was more Tom protecting his rep. If he was that bothered why did he go to that sex party or not seek clarification when Shiv said no to the infidelity clause on the pre nup.

Worth a look. Similar to Billions but more added layers. Has a bit of a corporate Boardwalk Empire feel. Lacks the intrigue and the depth to be another Breaking Bad thou.
You've got a ride and a half coming, although there is definitely a lot more family drama (which you did to seem to enjoy so much) coming.

That ending thou wow. Kendall had it all planned just got way way in over his head. Just do your coke and go to bed. Insanity taking that ride. Just blew it. Had to take the old mans life boat. Good final scene from Logan/Brian Cox. And the Marcia actress. Did show vulnerability. That look of pity he had for him as he left. Like he said earlier when he was nothing and not for the world (not out of spite in hindsight but he just knew him too well.) In his own way he does love his kids but he is just a ruthless bastard who shows no mercy. He now has an iron grip on everything. The satellite, accident and deal with the Senator means none of the kids can really get out of line.
Don't worry about spoiler tags. It's from a few years ago now!

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Catching up now.
Roman is such a cnut. While he is shrewd and has good instincts he has the maturity and perspective of a toddler.
That dinner wtf? Strategizing with Shiv like he will be CEO.
Poor Kendal has lost confidence. Better laying low. But respect for standing up to Lawrence. He actually called Lawrence in for a peace offering and was knocked back so had no choice but to gut it and keep his position.
Respect for Tom when telling Shiv to * off even if he is totally deluded. He is Shiv's pet and instead of realising it and using it to his advantage comes across as a love sick puppy. Thou ironically when he goes out to pick up she gets jealous of other women so all of a sudden he increases in her value. But when he mopes about she gets bored and goes off. Why this whole open marriage thing seems a bit confected. Like the show wants to be edgy but then have the domestic facade. The Roman/Kendall sex party girls and Con's GF covers that. Why than go with Shiv as well?)
Cousin Greg basically is a Bradbury. Just needs to not get sucked in by Kendall to deep and work for Tom but let the big ideas blow up in his face. (But then meets with a biographer)
Lol at Shiv cracking a tantrum at the senator just cos she didn't have the guts to make her own choice.She is strategic in positioning herself but can't read a room.
I'll keep going was promising but think that Argests episode was s**t. Kids just contradict each other, Roman just yells and FFS Pierce's its 25 bill just sell the company or don't and stop been so precious ( not like they wouldn't have issues. Fact can't stand them nearly as much as the Roys. Act all holier than thou while greedily licking their chops at the $$. Just walk or deal FFS.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Season 2 done.
My man Kenny finally bought it all together. probably recorded the final conversation as well. Bought it all to the table. Bad strategy from Logan thou. Uhhmed and ahhed and then gave others an open window to manouvre.

OK finish if the characters became a bit cartoonish.
Shiv thou had it in the bag. All she had to do was wait but got impatient. Couldn't help herself at the dinner and than her card got a line through it.
Roman has regressed, all that weird s**t with Gerri and the GF notwithstanding he does have good instincts but than whines and moans.
Connor/not sure if he is cannon fodder or whatever but just has he's head up his arse.
Tom-props for standing up for Shiv but face it if it weren't for her would be nowhere near where he is. (And it wasn't like he didn't know who she was when he married her).
Greg = Annoying. He has been incredibly lucky but is pushing it. Turned down the $250mill cos he'll get 5 (lol) fair enough but apart from opportunistic cunning doesn't have much going on upstairs. All his antics just get annoying.
Marcia- Logan was an idiot for ditching her. She is a power hungry, manipulative, ruthless bitch but incredibly loyal. The characteristic he most values. Would've backed logan to the end but he treated her like s**t. The other woman CEO was just opportunistic and that Nan Pierce woman a hypocrite.

Anyway look forward to Season 3. If they see off the proxy vote it's a power battle Ken v Logan. See who sides with who. Smart with that move Kendall has cut out the riff raff and left one opponent to face down while the minions all run round like headless chooks.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finishing season 3. Shows just got s**t. Doesn't make sense.
What is with their weird obsession with prison? Why would any of them go anyway?
Logan's half dead but a nod and mumble and he's choosing the next pres?
Kendall more drug ****ed than ever, Roman a ******* till and Shiv up her own arse.

Side characters sidelined and the show is now like watching real housewives or married at first site. Shark jumped will try something else.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
And the shitness of Season 3 is all nearly undone by that last 30 mins. Brilliant.

That's what it means to be a "killer' Logan just has this ruthless streak and ability to manipulate his kids don't have. They are too caught up in their bubbles. Can't see the wider world. They swim in a pool of sharks but are only focused on 1 shark and each other. Should've thrown in with Ken initally. Logan finally strategised and got Tom on board rather than just yell at everyone.

Roman has the best instincts and they failed him at the death. He waned them all season his Dad is 6 steps ahead and always wins. And that's what happens.

Tom= good move. Thou expecting it. Knows where he stands with Shiv and resentful at potentially going to jail and Shiv not backing him. So cashed his Logan chip. Greg is dumb but as cunning as a s**t house rat so knows how to maneuver.

Looks like another reset and no progression of a plot.

amazing how viewers keep falling for this.
I kind of agree with this - show should have wrapped up last season with him selling the company and walking away. The first season had the urgency because of his ill health, second season built him back up and the third season was about a potential deal.

There is no real danger or urgency in the trailer - its spun gold for the show runners that will extract more people to watch it with no result plotwise.

Yeah I kind of agree, my biggest frustration has been getting the same plot repeated through different dynamics and combinations of characters.
While I enjoy the show, I would struggle to actually detail any season and what is happening as it seems to just repeat itself.

The trailer didn't tell us anything, but I bloody love the show and am genuinely excited for it to come back.
Same.

Not saying this is a good thing, but I definitely can relate to a lot of the characters. :$

I presume most on here know that Sarah Snook is actress from Adelaide?

Back