EPL Matchday 21 - On Optus Sport

SA TIMES:
dc92e4b6-eae5-4079-8666-e8cc8045141d.png

1640920823921.png

Current postponed games:
Matchday 13: Burnley vs Spurs.
Matchday 16: Brighton vs Spurs.
Matchday 17: Brentford vs Man United. Burnley vs Watford. Leicester vs Spurs.
Matchday 18: Man United vs Brighton. Southampton vs Brentford. Watford vs Palace. West Ham vs Norwich. Everton vs Leicester. Villa vs Burnley.
Matchday 19: Liverpool vs Leeds. Wolves vs Watford. Burnley vs Everton.
Matchday 20: Arsenal vs Wolves. Leeds vs Villa. Everton vs Newcastle.
Matchday 21: Leicester vs Norwich.

Was initially concerned about the negative impact of squeezing in games later in the season, but enough clubs have postponed games that a lot are in the same boat.

Wonder what the cut off number of games is before the EPL board starts to doubt its ability to get them rescheduled.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Loser in our game bows out of the title chase, if we are still even in it. With our turmoil atm maybe it's better off Pool win as they keep the season interesting longer.

EPL is turning a bit into Ligue1/Bundesliga/EPL in the 90s with one team just that bit too good for the rest of us. Sooner Pep goes the better.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Loser in our game bows out of the title chase, if we are still even in it. With our turmoil atm maybe it's better off Pool win as they keep the season interesting longer.

EPL is turning a bit into Ligue1/Bundesliga with one team just that bit too good for the rest of us. Sooner Pep goes the better.

Going to be a strange game. We have 3 covid cases plus injuries.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
3 is not many considering what some clubs have gone through i guess.

Clubs have plenty of development league players to fill their squads with.

Yeah it isn't much but there are plenty of injuries atm and other clubs have called off games for similar amounts. Klopp had 10-15 players out for half a season last season and played without complaint so has experience in getting the most out of weakened squads.

EPL is turning a bit into Ligue1/Bundesliga/EPL in the 90s with one team just that bit too good for the rest of us. Sooner Pep goes the better.

Providing we beat Arsenal I think it would be hard for Chelsea to coke back from a loss. Liverpool maybe just hanging in there, but barely.

10 points is my happy place where I can stop worrying about results so much. Until the gap falls back under 10 points, then I can start worrying again.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was initially concerned about the negative impact of squeezing in games later in the season, but enough clubs have postponed games that a lot are in the same boat.

Wonder what the cut off number of games is before the EPL board starts to doubt its ability to get them rescheduled.

It would probably be manageable if this wasn't (now) a World Cup year, and qualification for the tournament yet to be decided.

Unfortunately, like the A League, I suspect the only way for the season to be completed is for most of the remaining fixtures to be played behind closed doors/no crowds.

It would probably be manageable if this wasn't (now) a World Cup year, and qualification for the tournament yet to be decided.

Unfortunately, like the A League, I suspect the only way for the season to be completed is for most of the remaining fixtures to be played behind closed doors/no crowds.

Why?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Providing we beat Arsenal I think it would be hard for Chelsea to coke back from a loss. Liverpool maybe just hanging in there, but barely.

10 points is my happy place where I can stop worrying about results so much. Until the gap falls back under 10 points, then I can start worrying again.

You guys will smoke it in the league again, you don't want to take your eyes off that prize of course, but winning the Champions League is ultimately your goal

Whilst Pep is there, Citeh will always have a monopoly/stranglehold on English Domestic Football (at least the league)

Pep and City have set the standard for excellence in the Premier League for the 21st Century, now it's up to other clubs to follow suit

Pep and City have set the standard for excellence in the Premier League for the 21st Century, now it's up to other clubs to follow suit
Yeah find a Sheikh

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Our next 3 matchdays will sort us out as a contender or even a top 4 side with Liverpool then you guys and then Spurs.

Will make or break our season.

Well it wouldn’t be too surprising considering a few countries have put back crowd limits

But games aren't currently being postponed because of issues with the crowds, so why would playing behind closed doors make a difference? The issue is the playing personnel.

If anything they may need to revert to a bubble environment for the players if there's a second wave of cases through the league.

Back