6 The Twin Dilemma
7 Time and the Rani
8 *
9 Rose
10 The Doctor's Daughter
11 The Power of Three
12 Kill the Moon
13 Orphan 55

A bit heavy on exposition though. Nowhere near as good as last week.

You need an exposition heavy episode at this stage though, or else everyone will complain that things didn't make sense or weren't explained well enough. It also means now that the last episode can focus more on the action and resolution now that a lot of the plot has been laid out.

I do need to get an explanation on how the Doctor gets the TARDIS back from UNIT in the 60s before Perwee's Doctor starts working for them.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You need an exposition heavy episode at this stage though, or else everyone will complain that things didn't make sense or weren't explained well enough. It also means now that the last episode can focus more on the action and resolution now that a lot of the plot has been laid out.

I do need to get an explanation on how the Doctor gets the TARDIS back from UNIT in the 60s before Perwee's Doctor starts working for them.

Noticed the same type of anoraks complaining about UNIT dating again, esp with regards to The Brigadier and his rank over this episode.

The show has contradicted itself so many times over the issue over the years (esp in Pyramids of Mars where Sarah says she comes from 1980) that it doesn't even worth worrying about anymore.

Some fans are just using it as an excuse to bash Chibnall and his writing again. This is why I rarely post on Facebook Who pages anymore, too many bitter/negative and entitled fan babies.

Noticed the same type of anoraks complaining about UNIT dating again, esp with regards to The Brigadier and his rank over this episode.

The show has contradicted itself so many times over the issue over the years (esp in Pyramids of Mars where Sarah says she comes from 1980) that it doesn't even worth worrying about anymore.

Some fans are just using it as an excuse to bash Chibnall and his writing again. This is why I rarely post on Facebook Who pages anymore, too many bitter/negative and entitled fan babies.

Yeah just been in one of the FB groups and the people who are still criticising this season are doing it from a very predictable position of just not liking a woman lead and a diverse cast.

I'm not too fussed about the UNIT dating as it's basically become an in-joke at this point, but I am curious about the TARDIS ending up in the UNIT HQ, which I presume/hope will be addressed.

With the origins of UNIT being intertwined with Division in some way, I actually thought we were going to get confirmation that Jo Martin was actually the S6b Doctor and the Doctor wasn't actually the Timeless Child, so I did have a bit of a pang of disappointment when Tectaun confirmed she was.

I didn't mind Colin Baker at all. The Doctor should be a pompous a$$ every now and then for having to save Earth all the time. Also had the hottest companion in Peri (damn damn yes yes Nicola Bryant).

Jon Pertwee was my Doctor. Charismatic. Debonair. And he was Worzel Gummidge.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Didnt mind the episode as it is starting to answer questions - though Tecteun reveal was very anti-climactic.

I must be one of the few who didnt like the Indiana 3 section with Yaz, Dan and Jericho. Most of the humour fell as flat as Dan did in the opening segment. (but I also could have been tired and grumpy) . I wasnt a fan of the guru scene either. Felt either very patronising or borderline racist.

And of course the big answer is through door 9

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am enjoying this series for the first time in some years. Could have done without the 'Timeless Child' stuff though.

Counting the weeks until RTD returns.

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
Decided to rank the TV Doctor's from best to worst (including Paul McCann but not John Hurt, as much as I loved The War Doctor)

1 Colin Baker
2 Matt Smith
3 Tom Baker
4 William Hartnell
5 Peter Capaldi
6 Jon Pertwee
7 Patrick Troughton
8 Paul McGann
9 Peter Davison
10 Jodie Whittaker
11 Christopher Eccleston
12 David Tennant
13 Sylvester McCoy
Lol - Jodie Whittaker needs to be much closer to the bottom of that list.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sontaran's have a weakness...

sontaran-chocolate-gif.1293563

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finale was a bit flat but still a great season.

Good review that I found difficult to disagree with https://them0vieblog.com/2021/12/05/doctor-who-flux-chapter-six-the-vanquishers-review/
Really poor, had some hopes for the series but it fell very flat.

By the end of it, my family were on their phones or not asking for it to be paused if they wandered off to get something.

Probably needs a few years off so they can reset. Dont blame Jodie Whitaker, she is a good actress- the writing is just terrible.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really poor, had some hopes for the series but it fell very flat.

By the end of it, my family were on their phones or not asking for it to be paused if they wandered off to get something.

Probably needs a few years off so they can reset. Dont blame Jodie Whitaker, she is a good actress- the writing is just terrible.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It had a few years though. I think it will be ok under a new Showrunner. Three episodes next year then a full season the year after. The episode output has dropped off pretty sharply in the last, say, four years, so it's not as if they're churning it out.

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just reading an interview with Russell T Davies in 'The Guardian'. It's mainly about his recent drama 'It's A Sin' but he does mention:

- he has already finished a couple of stories for the 50th Anniversary season
- the auditions for a new Doctor are just getting underway

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some publicity about the upcoming 'Eve of the Daleks'.

Be warned - there are a few spoilers in the interviews, so avoid if you want to be totally surprised.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Episode up in iView

Not bad - interesting concept performed adequately.

I completely missed the mirroring of the Nick and Sara relationship with Yaz and Doctor

Watch the end credits if you havent had it spoiled yet

Nicholas Briggs saying ' I am not called Nick' is an amusing egg

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Episode up in iView

Not bad - interesting concept performed adequately.

I completely missed the mirroring of the Nick and Sara relationship with Yaz and Doctor

Watch the end credits if you havent had it spoiled yet

Nicholas Briggs saying ' I am not called Nick' is an amusing egg

Didn't really like it at all.

Just really slow and a somewhat waste of The Daleks, if you are going to do a proper Time Loop/Groundhog Day story on Who, surely you should do one with the Weeping Angels.

I do try and be as positive /non critical of the new series and the pressure Chibnall is under, but I think I prefer Meglos over this (and that story is total cactus)

Next episode looks bloody amazing though, to be fair.

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
' I am not called Nick' is an amusing egg

I thought that too lol

The best holiday episode IMO since the Tennant years. Very enjoyable and I'm sure even those watching for the first time could follow the plot. Fireworks as the solution was perfect for a NY episode.

Really enjoyed it even though I think the solution was a bit hand-wavey. Definitely one of the better/more creative specials we've had in recent years.

I can't help but feel the Yaz/Doctor relationship feels a bit hammy and driven by fan-shipping which lessens it's impact, but don't mind it overall.

Back