Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really .....was it a case of Grundy not as fit as in previous years ? .....or a different approach by the Coaches to not burn him out ?

His TOG certainly was down on the last full season (2019) .....and Grundy himself has said he's dropped 3 kgs and is fitter .....so did Grundy drop the ball after signing his contract, or was his fitness the by product of team lockdowns, which we know he hated

2021 Season
View attachment 1303532
2019 Season (2020 was an anomaly)
View attachment 1303533
You can see where i lost the grand final Darcy 76%

I think he got lazy looked like a block who signed a million dollar contract

Let's hope he goes bang this season with a big 125

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The words Witts, Preuss and injury free should never be used in the same sentence.

Unless that sentence is "Witts and Preuss are never injury free"
Preuss has missed one season. It just so happened that was the only season he was a clear no. 1 ruck.
Witts.... 64 consecutive games...

They will be in everyone's team once they post an 80 or 90 in preseason. The value is miles better than any other rucks- Witts priced at 68, Preuss at 45.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Obviously dependant on pre season, but I'm considering Reeves and Pruess, priced at 53 and 44 respectively, I can see both going at 80+ so there's plenty of value there, also means I'd only be running with 4 onfield rookies and a couple of MP's like Rioli and Sicily who I also think are value picks.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Obviously dependant on pre season, but I'm considering Reeves and Pruess, priced at 53 and 44 respectively, I can see both going at 80+ so there's plenty of value there, also means I'd only be running with 4 onfield rookies and a couple of MP's like Rioli and Sicily who I also think are value picks.
Reeves certainly looks to have the ruck role at hawks sewn up at this stage. But realistically do you think he can hit 80? His 5 games so far have produced an average of 68 and if I recall correctly it was when Ceglar was dropped so he played number 1 ruck. I definitely think he’s value just not sure I’d want my R2 scoring 70’s week in week out. Could surprise though with another year in the system and more responsibility

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Reeves certainly looks to have the ruck role at hawks sewn up at this stage. But realistically do you think he can hit 80? His 5 games so far have produced an average of 68 and if I recall correctly it was when Ceglar was dropped so he played number 1 ruck. I definitely think he’s value just not sure I’d want my R2 scoring 70’s week in week out. Could surprise though with another year in the system and more responsibility
Yeah, looks like he's slated as the No.1 ruck, his scoring is probably more suited to SC as his HOTA are quite high, even at 70-75 he's still better than a forward rookie on field at 40.

Edit......He'd be my R1 with Preuss as R2

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is Witts a guarantee for round 1? All that I’m reading have him hit or miss for round 1 as it only works out to be 10-11 months from when he did his ACL. Hard to find anything firm though. I’m weary since big guys always take a lot longer to come back from those types of injuries

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Witts a guarantee for round 1? All that I’m reading have him hit or miss for round 1 as it only works out to be 10-11 months from when he did his ACL. Hard to find anything firm though. I’m weary since big guys always take a lot longer to come back from those types of injuries
I’m definitely not 100% on him. Will need to see something in the pre season games. Chol might chew up a bit of ruck time as well. I told myself after getting screwed around last year that set and forget was the play, but Witts has serious value if he’s fit and ready to go

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m definitely not 100% on him. Will need to see something in the pre season games. Chol might chew up a bit of ruck time as well. I told myself after getting screwed around last year that set and forget was the play, but Witts has serious value if he’s fit and ready to go
Yeah he’s definitely value. I’m almost more sold on a step up from him in Marshall or ROB as their both value as well but probably not as much as Witts assuming he’s fit and firing and Chol doesn’t have a massive impact on him. But that’s a big few risks on an R2 position

bluelad

Team Captain
May 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I have been pretty solid on set and forget this year, with Grundy and Marshall/Darcy... But having Witts at R2 saves some serious cash and the team looks so well balanced with him there!!

Milo Cyrus

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he comes back in round 4-6 he could be a lovely little stepping stone from Preuss.

Milo Cyrus

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

from the article Dec 8.
"The arrivals should complete a successful small block of training for the Suns, with co-captain Jarrod Witts taking another step to a likely round one return following a strong training session on Wednesday morning.
Witts, who ruptured his ACL early last season, completed a solid 90-minute hit-out in steamy conditions at Carrara to show his fitness is all the way back."

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Re: Witts, I think he plays Round 1, as Dew can't afford to drop games early in his contract year, which will happen if GC don't have an established ruck like most of last year.

If Witts is even 90% fit, they play him, IMO - he completely transforms their midfield and makes it much more dangerous.

Re: Witts, I think he plays Round 1, as Dew can't afford to drop games early in his contract year, which will happen if GC don't have an established ruck like most of last year.

If Witts is even 90% fit, they play him, IMO - he completely transforms their midfield and makes it much more dangerous.
I just worry about Chol will they try him the ruck more if Witts is not 100%

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I just worry about Chol will they try him the ruck more if Witts is not 100%

It's possible, but Witts is also the co-captain, so he'll have a lot of say in whether he thinks he's right to go or not/clout when it comes to playing his preferred position.

Pre-season scratch match/JLT will give us the best idea of their setup anyway - so I reckon we'll just have to wait and see what their preferred ruck line up is and then make our decisions accordingly. I've got him in right now, but that could easily change if it looks dicey during the pre-season matches :)

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Currently running with Grundy, Draper and Hayes

Not touching Witts. Players coming back from ACL's nearly always struggle, plus he has NicNat and Gawn/Jackson in the first 2 weeks.

Going Draper over Reeves/Pruess as he is more likely to be closer to a solo ruck, has more years in the system and has a good shot at averaging 80+

Went at 86 after the bye last year. Should almost certainly be an improver at the very worst
Interesting 77% of centre bounces pre bye and 87% post bye

Corkintheocean

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Grundy & ROB set and forget for me. Think they both have 10-15 upside on their starting prices. I also spent all last year burning trades on rucks and don't trust Marshall's foot for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back