EPL Matchday 21 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Roberts at the end of the wall could’ve made a better effort to get his head on it.

Looked dangerous when he came on at start of second half and Burnley looked to be a little more in control. Then they bring on a sub and drop Cornet deeper and we regained control. Odd. Also thought he fouled Llorente just before Llorente grabbed him. Costly yellow for us ..cost a goal and now Llorente banned against Hammers
Not sure why they put Cornet out wide on the left, worked well for us cause they didn’t do much after they equalized.
Also if Firpo can play like that every week he’ll end up a great signing.

Success breeds hatred, let City dominate for 20 years and see how people feel.

United were hated not only cause they were successful, but had so many hateable players in their golden era under Fergie (forgot to name Roy Keane as well)

I think The oil Money factor is the biggest reason neutrals hate City more than anything, certainly can't be their players or their aesthetically pleasing way they play football under Pep.

I am sure most neutrals feel the same.

Aside from possibly Grealish, there is not one player in this City Squad that comes across as unlikeable/floggish
Nope. United built their success organically. City bought an oil cheat code.

Most of the football world hates City, Chelsea and PSG

Nope. United built their success organically. City bought an oil cheat code.

Most of the football world hates City, Chelsea and PSG

Ha Ha, United built their success organically. And Santa Claus is real.

Also they have spent millions more than City on players in the last few years, so your argument does not hold wash.

City have elevated the standard and professionalism of English Football to new levels, and it does not translate to shelling out zillions on players either.

Man United fans deep down probably hate us more than Citeh. I take that as a source of great personal pride.
That's because not all of us on here only started supporting our club since they were taken over by a dodgy billionaire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I feel letdown as I thought this season we might see a great 3 way tussle between City, Liverpool and Chelsea similar to 07/08 between United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Sadly it looks like it'll be all but over by March.

Think its going to get worse for Pool while the AFCON is on. Doubt they drop the 3 games needed for those teams behind them to make up the 3 game difference to over take them, but Arsenal is only really losing Partey from the starting line up and others from depth (PEA/Elneny/Partey/Pepe), WHU only lose Benrahma, Man United only lose Bailly from their starting 11 (Bailly/Diallo) and Tottenham have no players going.

Pool lose Keita, Mane and Salah. Salah is currently unplayable and scores or assists pretty much every game, and Mane is uncardable.

Think its going to get worse for Pool while the AFCON is on. Doubt they drop the 3 games needed for those teams behind them to make up the 3 game difference to over take them, but Arsenal is only really losing Partey from the starting line up and others from depth (PEA/Elneny/Partey/Pepe), WHU only lose Benrahma, Man United only lose Bailly from their starting 11 (Bailly/Diallo) and Tottenham have no players going.

Pool lose Keita, Mane and Salah. Salah is currently unplayable and scores or assists pretty much every game, and Mane is uncardable.
We lose Mendy and have Kepa to take his spot😐

You would think most on here picked their teams as under 10 year olds. My son was 5 when he chose his team and not a great deal of research went into it.

Depends on your age, I am 41, started supporting Leeds in 1992/93, because I started playing Junior Football at the time for Ringwood City and the other lads there asked me for which English team I supported. Settled on Leeds United cause the editor of a popular UK Computer and Video Game magazine (his name was Julian, forgot his last name) that I had been reading for a while at the time was a Leeds fan who often got letters in the mag
giving him stick about Leeds and supporting them and that is why I picked em.

Despite the many lean years, humiliations, relegations, lack of trophies and Ken Bates, if I could back in time knowing what I know now, I still wouldn't change a thing.

Gary McAllister was my first/boyhood Football hero, absolutely wrecked me when he decided to go to Coventry.

Still pissed losing the League Cup Final to Villa in 1996.

Anyhow that is my story of how I became a (sad) Leeds fan, absurd as it sounds.

I come from a family background that does not follow sports at all, but my Mum (rightfully) at the time encouraged me and my brother to ay sports, not only for fitness but for social reasons too (she raised us on her own)

I sucked at almost every sport I tried (esp Tennis) except Football, problem was I was top wound up at times from banter from opposition players (teams like Doncaster Rovers which had a lot of Mediterranean background kids at the time I used to clash with quite a lot.

They were the Best of Times and the Blurst of times supporting Leeds back then (I often get annoyed when people, probably understandably so, ask if I supported LUFC cause of Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka)

Yep. Back in the 90s United were pretty hated because they were so big/successful/arrogant etc

But they've become more humble since SAF retired.
i think what you mean is they're a pack of losers since he left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back