The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So Pretty Much say Good Luck with Covid and Hope you don't get Sick.

Doubt the People Working at the Hospitals would love that Approach

Yep exactly that Dave, our date with COVID seems inevitable.

My healthworker friends agree with this. They are doing all the hard work but know and accept that life must go on.

Last edited:
Got my booster today after clinic phoned and asked if I could come in today rather than Wednesday. Doc told me that supply has to be grabbed while it is there. Pfizer with no ill effects so far.

You where Lucky Mate.

They contacted us but when rang back shortly afterwards they said spot has been Taken. I hated they sent that Message then not give it to us

So Pretty Much say Good Luck with Covid and Hope you don't get Sick.

Doubt the People Working at the Hospitals would love that Approach
Yes you are right but we have to open up at some stage. This is hurting too many ppl's businesses and their employees, you still get your pension and I still have my job, we are lucky. Given our high vaccination rate and with Omicron far less deadly, this may be the window we need.

Yes you are right but we have to open up at some stage. This is hurting too many ppl's businesses and their employees, you still get your pension and I still have my job, we are lucky. Given our high vaccination rate and with Omicron far less deadly, this may be the window we need.

Good Points and People get the Booster's when they can that would hopefully keep people getting Really Sick so we can at least Stay Fairly Open

We Can Only Hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Cases Skyrocketing it almost feel like it's not IF but When I get Covid
I know a couple of people outside Australia who have had it, and none seems to think of the experience as any big deal. Two of them had only had one vaccine shot.

You will be vaccinated. Just roll with the punches. You will bounce back quickly.

I know a couple of people outside Australia who have had it, and none seems to think of the experience as any big deal. Two of them had only had one vaccine shot.

You will be vaccinated. Just roll with the punches. You will bounce back quickly.

I suspect there are more cases than are being reported. Many of my family's friends and acquaintaces are positive.

No hospitalisations. Bad flu like symptoms seem to be par for the course.

I suspect there are more cases than are being reported. Many of my family's friends and acquaintaces are positive.

No hospitalisations. Bad flu like symptoms seem to be par for the course.
Yep I know of many cases. Head, body aches and high temperature.

One family - husband got it... isolated, then the three children got it. Wife had big smile on her face despite 3 negative tests and yesterday just as everyone else was getting out of isolation, she is positive. She has been isolating for three weeks and they finally gave it to her.:)

Getting mine tomorrow AFAIK still
They must have kept one especially for you! It seems there is none available for the rest of the population for the next 6 weeks. You obviously have some clout that the rest of us don't - except me and the lucky others who managed to get their booster before this vaccine drought occurred.

They must have kept one especially for you! It seems there is none available for the rest of the population for the next 6 weeks. You obviously have some clout that the rest of us don't - except me and the lucky others who managed to get their booster before this vaccine drought occurred.

I said there none left but why some places are not getting Boosters for awhile?

I said there none left but why some places are not getting Boosters for awhile?
Sorry Dave I was being sarcastic. Private clinics and pharmacies have frequently run short of vaccines because expected supplies have not arrived. The bigger vaccination centres seem have enjoyed fairly reliable supplies. The system is obviously far from perfect, but 6 months ago, most of us would not have expected the vaccination rollout to improve as much as it did.

Will Case Numbers go so High that the Goverments will just say we can't stop this so we just have to trust people do the Wrong Thing as it will Stuff the Whole Country Up?

Cases are already so high that we can't stop it. People will do what people do, just NO..MORE...f*n...LOCKDOWNS. Let it become endemic and we all move on.
Yep ripping through Mildura, not sure if any serious cases though. Some indigenous reluctant to get vaccinated I've heard, just a rumor maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back