Position 2022 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone explain how you arrive at the magic number to calculate what players are priced at? When I do the calcs for different players they range from 3830-3836 etc. Price divided by last yrs average? Obviously there are discounts for certain players due to games played etc.
I believe its because averages on the site are rounded to 1 decimal place.

Can anyone explain how you arrive at the magic number to calculate what players are priced at? When I do the calcs for different players they range from 3830-3836 etc. Price divided by last yrs average? Obviously there are discounts for certain players due to games played etc.

1641105136082.png

M3 is the only midfield position I keep fiddling with it at this stage. Not sure whether I want to run a big dog like Walsh, Zerrett, Oliver or someone like Simpkin who I see going 100+ this year

I think Merrett is looking like a great POD to start at the moment. Only in 5% of teams which seems incredibly low considering his output for a number of years. He’s currently moved into M4 for my set up.

M3 is the only midfield position I keep fiddling with it at this stage. Not sure whether I want to run a big dog like Walsh, Zerrett, Oliver or someone like Simpkin who I see going 100+ this year
M3 and 4 for me. I see a lot of value in guys like Simpkin, Yeo, Telly and am currently considering running 2 of them over a big dog and someone more mid pricey

Thoughts on Gaff? Priced at 97, but had three seasons at 109-110 before last season
I had Gaff a few years ago, as at that stage he had excellent durability and consistency.
His durability is still good, but his consistency has waned a bit in recent years (still prone to the odd shocking score).

I did some weighted rankings just now of elite mids, looking at 4 key criteria
1. Projected Average (just guestimates right now) - 35% weight
2. Value (projected average - their priced average) - 10%
3. Durability (games played over last 2 seasons) - 30%
4. Consistency (standard deviation of scores in 2021) - 25%

Surprisingly the number one player that came out of all that was Rory Laird, mainly for his consistency (standard deviation of 15, whilst most others were in the 20s).

I had Gaff a few years ago, as at that stage he had excellent durability and consistency.
His durability is still good, but his consistency has waned a bit in recent years (still prone to the odd shocking score).

I did some weighted rankings just now of elite mids, looking at 4 key criteria
1. Projected Average (just guestimates right now) - 35% weight
2. Value (projected average - their priced average) - 10%
3. Durability (games played over last 2 seasons) - 30%
4. Consistency (standard deviation of scores in 2021) - 25%

Surprisingly the number one player that came out of all that was Rory Laird, mainly for his consistency (standard deviation of 15, whilst most others were in the 20s).
People won’t even give him a 2nd look now he’s lost defender status, but Laird is a lock for a top 8 mid imo and a worthy starting selection. Captained him a few times late last season and never let me down. Went at like 120 from his last 11. Huge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest problem with Laird last season from what i remember was his poor TOG. Anyone have his average from last year. If he played as much as others he would have been top3 mid.

Carlton fans, do you think Cripps can step back up?
I think that he can. His last two years were mainly because of Teague playing him injured - 3 dislocated shoulders, a stuffed up foot and a fractured back. I'm not sure if he can get back to his best, but under Voss I reckon he can definitely step back up.

Caldwell priced at 58, I’m keen. Think he can do 85-90 this season

104 and then 49 from 42% TOG. Young and in a side on the rise
He is made of glass my friend. Cheap as chips but not built to last. He will get good scores then bam. I guess u can hope for luck that he gets injured at end of the game. Huuuge upside but soo risky. Covid gonna throw curbevalls at us all season so best to get players who arent injury prone. My 2cents anyway.

He is made of glass my friend. Cheap as chips but not built to last. He will get good scores then bam. I guess u can hope for luck that he gets injured at end of the game. Huuuge upside but soo risky. Covid gonna throw curbevalls at us all season so best to get players who arent injury prone. My 2cents anyway.
Durability definitely a worry. And you’re right, don’t want too many of this type in our starting teams given Covid is going to wreck havoc

Providing Crouch is for round 1, currently looking at

Steele, Mitchell, Neale, Serong, Crouch, Rowell, JHF, Daicos
I’m currently looking at going a deeper midfield set up like this. Touch worried a lot of rookies won’t be up to it with so many cancelled games last year but it’s still too early to say something like that so will have to see. I don’t mind going a deeper midfield this year though as you’re able to without sacrificing depth in other positions due to the higher salary cap. Rowell at M6 seems super deep compared with previous years but due to what could be some serious covid devastation it might be a decent move. Probably too far out to really know right now but food for thought

Isn’t Gaff still recovering from ankle surgery or something and was still in the rehab group before the break?
He was back at training jogging laps when the 1-4 year players returned. See how he goes post Xmas break this week but I think he'll be right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back