Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
They need to incorporate music outside of the footy season.
I've been saying that for years, but you would need to do it all year round to avoid appearing to be in part-time mode post footy. I might be wrong but I'm sure growing up I heard AW with talk and music combined.

Herzog

Team Captain
Nov 19, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been saying that for years, but you would need to do it all year round to avoid appearing to be in part-time mode post footy. I might be wrong but I'm sure growing up I heard AW with talk and music combined.
Yeah, I guess so. They should also charge more for their ads so they don't have to have as many. It's beyond a joke.

Responsible gambling blah blah blah

If you are an adult and bet when you can't afford it you are a *******.
To blame advertising and giving people an out is crap.

Cant afford it don't do it. Simple

Learn to take responsibility for your actions. The people of this world have become piss weak
You've obviously never had ANY form of addiction in your life, nor known anyone effected by addiction

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Concur and remember when an accident, solely derived from your actions, was simply deemed and accepted as 'an accident'. That is rare these days...

A neighbour up the street blind drunk after a big night on the sauce fell over outside his house a few years ago and broke his arm. In summary, his lawyer then convinced him to pursue a liability claim - then somehow, they successfully sued the local council as allegedly he tripped over essentially a crack in the footpath..!
Accordingly, why would most people even consider taking responsibility for their actions when this outcome is even possible..?
the realm of commerce and legal fiction is why ,whomever invented or created that footpath is liable because its man made,not natural,its a product of a corporation so best outcome for the person inconvenienced is to sue,if it was a dirt path the guy would have no case

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl

Yep, 3aw in the 80s would play a couple of songs per hour, probably as there were less ads then.
I remember Walk of life and Karma Cemelion blaring out of my mothers wireless.

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah same here!! Walk of Life as well as Harrisons "...Mind Set on You"...they were on loop I reckon, every summer at the East Keilor pool, blaring away :cool:
Dire Straits were such a huge band in the 1980s. They sold out some incredible numbers of consecutive concerts here.

I never really got into them, found them a bit drab. Money For Nothing was a huge song though and easy to like. I thought Walk of Life was crap.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Dire Straits were such a huge band in the 1980s. They sold out some incredible numbers of consecutive concerts here.

I never really got into them, found them a bit drab. Money For Nothing was a huge song though and easy to like. I thought Walk of Life was crap.
Great band live

Back