aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Sunny boys! They were great in the humid weather!

Barney Banana - was my favourite ice cream on a stick. Then Peters decided to change the formula from natural ice cream with real banana to a fake tasting ice confection. No surprise the demise of Barney Banana happened soon after the change.

Off topic slightly, but when I was at Monash Uni in 1981 I got a casual part time job at Peters up the road, and the task they assigned me was cleaning Barney Banana moulds with high pressure hose. I put on kgs doing this job as half the moulds still had Barney Banana ice creams stuck in them and I would eat them

This stuff. Not sure if discontinued or just not stocked anymore:

lcnstmovs9ai1aaugq3f.jpg

The bomb for making apricot chicken

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Sunnyboy ice blocks

Bought some sunquick smaller sunnyboys from woolies

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I used to love those Kit Kat Chunky Caramels in the early 00s. They were really rich though, like a Caramel slice. Or maybe I just had sensitive teeth back then, I was still losing baby teeth shortly after my 13th bday, which I recall because I used two in a science experiment. I was a coca cola addict around then, needed a fix of at least 2 600ml a week (which isn't that hardcore but you felt the hankering).

Last edited:

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Life saver hard candies. Haven't seen them in Sydney for 20+ years.

1660741237335.png

Another product they used to sell at Woolworths back 30+ years ago. It was a dessert in the fridge section, it had a crumbed biscuit base, with cream, and a bit of chocolate sprinkled on top. It came in a clear plastic container with a plastic spoon in there. There was also another version that had chocolate with a candied cherry on top. Not sure if anyone remembers it but that was great as a kid.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Life saver hard candies. Haven't seen them in Sydney for 20+ years.

View attachment 1480939

Another product they used to sell at Woolworths back 30+ years ago. It was a dessert in the fridge section, it had a crumbed biscuit base, with cream, and a bit of chocolate sprinkled on top. It came in a clear plastic container with a plastic spoon in there. There was also another version that had chocolate with a candied cherry on top. Not sure if anyone remembers it but that was great as a kid.
Deli Cups. I remember them and they were awesome. There was a cheesecake one, black forest, maybe chocolate mousse?

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Deli Cups. I remember them and they were awesome. There was a cheesecake one, black forest, maybe chocolate mousse?
Lol legend! I don't remember the cheesecake one, but yes, possibly chocolate mouse, but it had a chocolate mousse part but also a white mousse cream part if I'm not mistaken (with finely crumbed biscuit base) and the black forest. Thanks, I've always wondered what they were called and check every now and again to see if woolies has brought them back.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Lol legend! I don't remember the cheesecake one, but yes, possibly chocolate mouse, but it had a chocolate mousse part but also a white mousse cream part if I'm not mistaken (with finely crumbed biscuit base) and the black forest. Thanks, I've always wondered what they were called and check every now and again to see if woolies has brought them back.
Those and self-saucing puddings were the main desserts in my house growing up. Very 80s.

Back