EPL Matchday 21 - On Optus Sport

Booooo. He's recycling a Bradman joke.

Tendulkar discussed batting average with the great man. Revealing the conversation to The Guardian, the Indian batting maestro said, We [Tendulkar and Warne] went to see him on his 90th birthday. It was very special. We were talking about averages and I said, Sir Don, if you were playing today, what would you have averaged? And he said, 70 probably.’ I asked, Why 70 and not your actual average of 99? Bradman said, Come on, an average of 70 is not bad for a 90-year-old man.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
It is turning into a Ligue1/Bundesliga situation over the last 5 season seasons with the only interest is who can go with City/PSG/Bayern, thankfully Liverpool have had a crack.

It's like 90s EPL is back and City is the new United.
This is somewhat true, if it hadnt have been for Klopp and our excellent recruitment than City will have Bayern'd the league. I mean they kinda have already. This will be their 4th title in 5 years with only our incredible 99 point season stopping them. We pushed them the year before that too but outside of that they are too good/rich. Klopp only has one year left with us, when he goes, I cant see anyone getting near City for the forseeable future. Could be a real Bayern situation which isnt great for English football.

Maybe just that 5 year period until Newcastle can properly fight them.

This is somewhat true, if it hadnt have been for Klopp and our excellent recruitment than City will have Bayern'd the league. I mean they kinda have already. This will be their 4th title in 5 years with only our incredible 99 point season stopping them. We pushed them the year before that too but outside of that they are too good/rich. Klopp only has one year left with us, when he goes, I cant see anyone getting near City for the forseeable future. Could be a real Bayern situation which isnt great for English football.

Maybe just that 5 year period until Newcastle can properly fight them.

Your 97 point season was the only decent challenge.

Man United in 17/18 (81 points), Man United in 20/21 (74 points) and Liverpool 21/22 (on track for 79.8 points) would all rank in the bottom 5 league winners in the Premier league era.

Haven’t watched much of Wolves but how’s Silva going? He cost 40m last year if I recall.
Lage doesn't start with him. With Jimenez and Podence returning and Hwang coming into the lineup (before did his hamstring) he's been playing a few minutes here and there at the end of games. He's still young and growing into his body. Next season will be the important one, personally.

First win at Old Trafford since 1980. The sun shines a little bit brighter today.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
If I was a United fan I'd be pretty frustrated with Ragnarok. He picks two holding mids and leaves his best player on the bench. The main avenue for goal was shitty crosses by Wan Bisaka. Then when he brings Fernandes on he takes Greenwood off who was having a much better game than Sancho.

Can someone remind me of United's two shots on target? Edit - one of them was the late free kick.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
If I was a United fan I'd be pretty frustrated with Ragnarok. He picks two holding mids and leaves his best player on the bench. The main avenue for goal was shitty crosses by Wan Bisaka. Then when he brings Fernandes on he takes Greenwood off who was having a much better game than Sancho.

Can someone remind me of United's two shots on target?
When did he leave Cavani on the bench? He started

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Man United fans were expecting pressing football but its just more depressing football.

After 1 45min training session, we played Palace and were pressing with intensity, winning the ball back in our final third in the first half of that game, we looked great. Since then, haven’t seen any of that, and our games have been god awful, outplayed and out coached in all areas on the pitch, there’s some massive issues at the club.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
After 1 45min training session, we played Palace and were pressing with intensity, winning the ball back in our final third in the first half of that game, we looked great. Since then, haven’t seen any of that, and our games have been god awful, outplayed and out coached in all areas on the pitch, there’s some massive issues at the club.

Its just too much hard work for your playing group, they're a bit soft.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Its just too much hard work for your playing group, they're a bit soft.

No arguments there, they’re soft and lazy, Shaw in his interview said there was a lack of motivation and the players just weren’t there. It’s a new year, home game, and they just don’t even come to play.

What id give to be in any of their shoes.

Back