The Ashes, Third Test Australia v England @ The MCG 26-30 December

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not.

What I suggest you do is look at Marsh Minor's performances at Test level and explain why a big black texta should not run across his name.
Marsh is a better and more consistent player now, consistency is one of the major parts of a test cricketer IMO and he has now found it, anyway we have had this convo in another thread its run its course

I hope whoever replaces Head does their job

Marsh is a better and more consistent player now, consistency is one of the major parts of a test cricketer IMO and he has now found it, anyway we have had this convo in another thread its run its course

I hope whoever replaces Head does their job

Everyone hopes whoever replaces Head does their job be it Ussie or Maddo.

I have no idea what this consistency is.

If Marsh minor puts together a full consistent high quality Shield season with the red ball then he should be considered for Aust A fixtures.

Everyone hopes whoever replaces Head does their job be it Ussie or Maddo.

I have no idea what this consistency is.

If Marsh minor puts together a full consistent high quality Shield season with the red ball then he should be considered for Aust A fixtures.
He already featured for Aus A, he was one of our best

Maddo won't be playing in Sydney, didn't make the cut, it'll be Ussie and if anyone else misses Marsh will be next in

Maddo won't be playing in Sydney, didn't make the cut, it'll be Ussie and if anyone else misses Marsh will be next in

article on the CA site says this:
Nic Maddinson, the third cover player drafted into Australia's squad on Friday, has remained in Melbourne and will only make the dash north if required.

article on the CA site says this:
Nic Maddinson, the third cover player drafted into Australia's squad on Friday, has remained in Melbourne and will only make the dash north if required.
Yeah, meaning if we lose multiple players to covid then he will come and play, if we only lose 1 more it'll be Marsh as he is NIL in Sydney

They have 1.4 billion people, and a growing middle class wealth supporting their most popular sport.

Frankly, they shouldn't EVER lose a series. From a population perspective, it's the equivalent of us playing Lichtenstein.

Its the population combined with them having their s**t together at lower levels these days that makes it hard to see anybody catching them, they have the money they have the participation rates that nobody can match and now they have quality systems to feed players into the test side.

Its the population combined with them having their sh*t together at lower levels these days that makes it hard to see anybody catching them, they have the money they have the participation rates that nobody can match and now they have quality systems to feed players into the test side.
They would have 50 junior players for every 1 we have.

They have all the money in the sport. Frankly, they're the New York Yankees now. There's no justifiable reason for them to not be leagues above every other test playing nation.

They have all the money in the sport. Frankly, they're the New York Yankees now. There's no justifiable reason for them to not be leagues above every other test playing nation.

I think that there is much more evidence in the other direction than there is to support ‘bigger is more successful.’

The greatest international team in sport historically speaking are the all blacks.

The greatest cricket team historically. Speaking is Australia overall, and the greatest dynasty was the West Indies.

Brazil is a massive country who excels in soccer but there are many other massive countries who love it but haven’t had success - look at Mexico as an obvious one.

The most successful winter Olympic nation is Norway.
Yes it’s cold but so is Russia, USA, Japan, tonnes of other European countries.

It is a case of should, if they run a perfect ship but it is rare for India to run a perfect ship. Just be grateful they are not the cricket minnow they used to be.
They should be able to maintain being one of the best four teams in world at any point beyond now. Some moments they will rise to be number one.

I think that there is much more evidence in the other direction than there is to support ‘bigger is more successful.’

The greatest international team in sport historically speaking are the all blacks.

The greatest cricket team historically. Speaking is Australia overall, and the greatest dynasty was the West Indies.

Brazil is a massive country who excels in soccer but there are many other massive countries who love it but haven’t had success - look at Mexico as an obvious one.

The most successful winter Olympic nation is Norway.
Yes it’s cold but so is Russia, USA, Japan, tonnes of other European countries.
Surely this just backs up my point.

The All Blacks are great because of participation - that is far and away the biggest sport in their country, and largely irrelevant elsewhere.

Similarly, Norway may be very good at Winter Olympic events, but those events are far more significant in their country than, say, the USA.

You can't compare soccer in Mexico to Brazil. The levels of participation just don't compare.

Cricket is number one in India, with no other sport even comparing for participation levels. Their domination should be the same as the USA in basketball, at a minimum.

The All Blacks are great because of participation - that is far and away the biggest sport in their country, and largely irrelevant elsewhere.

Similarly, Norway may be very good at Winter Olympic events, but those events are far more significant in their country than, say, the USA.

You can't compare soccer in Mexico to Brazil. The levels of participation just don't compare.

Cricket is number one in India, with no other sport even comparing for participation levels. Their domination should be the same as the USA in basketball, at a minimum.

Who cares if it’s the biggest participation sport in that country? Everyone in Barbados plays cricket as a kid. Do you think they have more junior cricketers than say Bangladesh which has a lower percentage of kids playing cricket, but an aggregate of about 50 million more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So rugby is irrelevant in england, south Africa & France. Things you learn from an afl forum.

So rugby is irrelevant in england, south Africa & France. Things you learn from an afl forum.
Yes. It's a minor sport - even allowing for COVID impacts, global participation in rugby union has fallen dramatically over the last decade.

It's a major sports in NZ and vastly less so elsewhere. It's the 9th most popular sport in Australia.

Yes. It's a minor sport - even allowing for COVID impacts, global participation in rugby union has fallen dramatically over the last decade.

It's a major sports in NZ and vastly less so elsewhere. It's the 9th most popular sport in Australia.

Here you are in a topic about the ashes saying rugby is irrelevant outside of nz & I'd put my money that rugby is bigger than cricket in the UK.
The 2019 rugby WC final doubled the TV rating of the WC cricket final also in the same year (8.9 million to 4.1).
Thr number for the rugby final was actually the highest tv viewership there for any sport that year.
...but it's just a minor sport & not worth worrying about

Boland playing in Sydney. Great news!

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

Good for him, I do think we're missing a trick not playing Richardson though.

He's obviously the future and I'm not sure why he's gone further back in the queue despite a second innings 5-fer when he last played.

You get the sense one ordinary bowling performance from Boland and he's unlikely to return.

Rev up those Sydney weather complaints lads.

Haven't seen a cloud in a week, perfect blue skies, 28-30c every day. But this morning the big dark clouds are rolling in...

View attachment 1305363
The Sydney Test at New Year will become a victim of the changing climate imo, to get a decent game without weather issues will necessitate a move to before Christmas. You can imagine in the future Brisbane and Sydney being the first two ports of call for touring teams.

Good for him, I do think we're missing a trick not playing Richardson though.

He's obviously the future and I'm not sure why he's gone further back in the queue despite a second innings 5-fer when he last played.

You get the sense one ordinary bowling performance from Boland and he's unlikely to return.

Unless there's more to the following than Cricket Australia is letting on - I remember hearing the following on the news but haven't seen it really mentioned elsewhere

Could also be total s**t in terms of speculation and nothing in it

Back