Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford was so bad it hurt to watch. The midfield McFred is so bad it is laughable. Sancho could barely make a pass in the 2nd half. Bruno, for all the good he can do, spends so much time complaining it is getting embarrassing. I am not sure how many of these players will still be around when we challenge again because none of them look likely.

How many poor passes happened in the first half? And Newcastle just pressured McFred into giving it away and then went at us on the break, we would be so easy to play against, worst midfield & mentally weak.

Where was the intense pressing and winning the ball back in our final third? There was literally none of that, what are we doing at training? Can’t score from a set piece, can barely defend them, it’s absolutely embarrassing what we’re dishing up.

Until at least 3/4 of this playing group is turned over, we ain't winning stuff. Absolute dire lack of quality

Maguire and his useless 60 yard cross field passing that go to absolutely no one can both * off. Absolutely no business playing at a big club, let alone as the captain. His defending can be summed up here

McFred should not be at this club passed January let alone for the rest of the season. The full backs, any combination of Telles/Dalot or Shaw/AWB are not great either.

I think it’s time Rashford copped it too, what’s his deal? He looks miserable every time he plays, he was atrocious yesterday, I wouldn’t be playing him.

Maguire we know how bad he is, the captaincy needs to be taken off him asap, and for the love of god, please no more McFred, it’s the most dire midfield ever, we simply can’t feed our attackers with those useless plodders in the team.

Talk about cliques developing, players not being able to cope with Rangnick's training. What a bunch of pansies. In a season where we were supposed to be contending, it is looking more likely that we are headed towards another clear out of the squad. A total disgrace.

Talk about cliques developing, players not being able to cope with Rangnick's training. What a bunch of pansies. In a season where we were supposed to be contending, it is looking more likely that we are headed towards another clear out of the squad. A total disgrace.

Its a shambles mate, I’m sick to death of these players. Do they not care? They just don’t seem to put in & have a crack, it’s disgraceful. Unless we win the CL we will be in the Europe next season, Ronaldo gone, Cavani gone, the squad needs yet another overhaul for Rangnick to bring in players who will play in his system and actually have a fairdinkum crack.

Newcastle are absolute s**t and leak goals galore yet we could barely, BARELY create chances, embarrassing stuff.

Varane, Dalot & Telles all out from the Newcastle game, Maguire survives. Fred out in midfield and Matic comes on, Bruno out for Sancho & Cavani in for Rashford.

I really want to see a smashing win, but also wouldn’t surprise me if Burnley win, would sum up 2021.

Varane, Dalot & Telles all out from the Newcastle game, Maguire survives. Fred out in midfield and Matic comes on, Bruno out for Sancho & Cavani in for Rashford.

I really want to see a smashing win, but also wouldn’t surprise me if Burnley win, would sum up 2021.
Telles unlucky, thought he was one of our best.

Great first half. McTominay has been fantastic, Ronaldo moving well but probably should have a hattrick now, plus that was a ludicrous "own goal", should absolutely be Sancho's.

Would love to see Donny get on in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, 3-1 win to finish the year, decent first half, absolute hot garbage 2nd half. If Burnley were decent they’d have scored 2-3 goals today. I hate our defence with a passion.

Last 3 PL games against the bottom 3 and you’d have to say, 3 absolute ordinary performances.

I think it’s time Rashford copped it too, what’s his deal? He looks miserable every time he plays, he was atrocious yesterday, I wouldn’t be playing him.

He's been horribly out of form for ages now but a lot of that probably hasn't been helped by Ole playing through him injuries and then rushing him back early to be fair. This might be a controversial opinion but I don't rate Rashford anywhere near as highly as most do. He can be devastating on his day but his decision making and technique just isn't good enough to ever be at that level consistently. Greenwood and Sancho are on another level technically and should leave him behind as they continue to develop.

Wouldn’t say it was fantastic, it might be 3-1 but we haven’t been that good IMO.

McTominay has had a solid game, our defence is still shambolic though.

McTominay actually has something to work with when he's allowed the freedom to surge forward like that. That's the only way we should be using him IMO.

Agree on the defence, although I thought Shaw looked to have some confidence back and a bit of spring in his step at last. He's one of our best when he's on form so this fills me with some optimism. AWB on the other hand is just woeful on the ball and shouldn't be starting, Maguire still looked lost at sea too often as well. I'd like to see Varane and Lindelof get a run of games together.

Have to be at our best against Wolves too, their defence is great. Not sure we'll see Lindelof back for a bit. Dave is in great form which is saving our blushes a lot. I'd probably go with:

De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
Greenwood - Bruno - Matic - Sancho
Cavani - Ronaldo
Obviously Greenwood and Sancho are further afield but I wanted to illustrate the width.

Say hello to the Europa league next season ya flogs

I’m so pissed off, we let wolves come to OT and just do what they wanted in the first half, they had 14 shots at goal, 14!!!!!! The most they’ve ever had in their PL history in a first half. Where’s this intensity and pressing we were promised? Under Rangnick we’ve looked just as bad, nothings changed.

Last edited:
Title was gone within the first month and now top 4 is seemingly out of reach.

McTominay did his once monthly decent game and suddenly is captain material, he and Matic is slower than McFred.
Our lack of pace from the back through the mids into the forwards kills us every game. Why is Dalot not back in for AWB.

Last edited:
Yeah, McTominay has 1 decent game, then turns to absolute s**t again. Wolves midfield had a field day, bossed the game from start to finish, but anyone would with a midfield of McTominay & Matic.

It really does tell you how bad we’re travelling when Phil Jones was our best player today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back