Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

So, how many changes do England make? I’d normally say that Wood won’t back up, but with only 3 days at the MCG and the extended gap, he’s as good a chance as ever to play again.

Leach surely plays, as does Anderson. Robinson hasn’t set the world alight, so potentially makes way - for who though.

Bairstow came in and looked like the only thing he wanted to hit was the buffet in the Long Room. Also reckon they dropped the wrong opener. So, potentially a few changes in the batting line up, but realistically it won’t really matter - it’s the Root and Malian show.

Looks like Broad will be rewarded for his complaints in the media with selection. Robinson and Bairstow to have a KFC eating comp. Spin the bottle on replaces Bairstow, maybe Pope.

So, how many changes do England make? I’d normally say that Wood won’t back up, but with only 3 days at the MCG and the extended gap, he’s as good a chance as ever to play again.

Leach surely plays, as does Anderson. Robinson hasn’t set the world alight, so potentially makes way - for who though.

Bairstow came in and looked like the only thing he wanted to hit was the buffet in the Long Room. Also reckon they dropped the wrong opener. So, potentially a few changes in the batting line up, but realistically it won’t really matter - it’s the Root and Malian show.

Surely Broad plays at least for who no idea.

Think the others play but their reserve bat surely comes into play with Bairstow keeping

Would think not to many changes,important to remember if not for a handy 8th wicket partnership in Australia,s innings our lead would have not been much.The damage was done in their 2nd innings and not worth chopping and changing their team.Would bring Pope back perhaps.

Robinson won't miss, surely? Been very good IMO.

Probably see Lawrence come in and I think Stokes (who clearly isn't right) misses.

He’s been good looked tired the last test though.

Robinson won't miss, surely? Been very good IMO.

Probably see Lawrence come in and I think Stokes (who clearly isn't right) misses.
I wouldn’t have thought so a week ago, but there seems to be chatter in the press that he will. He’s bowled ok, but is fighting for the 3rd quick/seamer spot if Wood is right (actually think Wood hasn’t been all that good, but he is a point of difference for them).

Would think not to many changes,important to remember if not for a handy 8th wicket partnership in Australia,s innings our lead would have not been much.The damage was done in their 2nd innings and not worth chopping and changing their team.Would bring Pope back perhaps.
I get what you’re saying, but their entire batting line up bar Root were appalling in both innings.

hehehe.. I heard he has stacked it on since the break in the Shield.

Oh and pantomime cricket no doubt benefits from diverse body shapes.

Let’s just say I doubt Patto missed too many puddings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Maddinson is no chance, Khawaja has been dutifully carrying the drinks all series, there is no way they spit in his face and bring the earring wearing werido in over him.
Sorry do you wear earrings?
You seem to have taken it personally.
Given this utter horseshit you need to remove Jacques as your avatar. Nowhere near worthy of showing the great master cricketer.

Pull your head in.

Hahahahaha
No, really. It’s Starc’s worst ground every year for at least the last five seasons.

2016/7 vs South Africa and Pakistan:
Test 1: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 2: 3 wickets - only bowled in one innings (Hobart)
Test 3: 6 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 4: 7 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 5: 5 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 6: 2 wickets (Sydney)

2017/8 vs England:
Test 1: 6 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 2: 8 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 3: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 4: DNP (Melbourne)
Test 5: 3 wickets (Sydney)

2018/9 vs India (4 tests) and Sri Lanka (2 tests):
Test 1: 5 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 2: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 3: 2 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 4: 1 wicket (Sydney)
Test 5: 2 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 6: 10 wickets (Canberra)

2019/20 vs Pakistan and New Zealand:
Test 1: 7 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 2: 7 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 3: 9 wickets (Perth)
Test 4: 7 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 5: 4 wickets (Sydney)

2020/21 vs India:
Test 1: 4 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 2: 4 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 3: 1 wicket (Sydney)
Test 4: 2 wickets (Brisbane)

Meanwhile his record in day/night tests is impeccable: 52 wickets at 18.23.

I’d have given the guy this week off to freshen up and let him knock over England in Hobart, where he’s almost certain to bowl well.

No, really. It’s Starc’s worst ground every year for at least the last five seasons.

2016/7 vs South Africa and Pakistan:
Test 1: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 2: 3 wickets - only bowled in one innings (Hobart)
Test 3: 6 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 4: 7 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 5: 5 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 6: 2 wickets (Sydney)

2017/8 vs England:
Test 1: 6 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 2: 8 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 3: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 4: DNP (Melbourne)
Test 5: 3 wickets (Sydney)

2018/9 vs India (4 tests) and Sri Lanka (2 tests):
Test 1: 5 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 2: 5 wickets (Perth)
Test 3: 2 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 4: 1 wicket (Sydney)
Test 5: 2 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 6: 10 wickets (Canberra)

2019/20 vs Pakistan and New Zealand:
Test 1: 7 wickets (Brisbane)
Test 2: 7 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 3: 9 wickets (Perth)
Test 4: 7 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 5: 4 wickets (Sydney)

2020/21 vs India:
Test 1: 4 wickets (Adelaide)
Test 2: 4 wickets (Melbourne)
Test 3: 1 wicket (Sydney)
Test 4: 2 wickets (Brisbane)

Meanwhile his record in day/night tests is impeccable: 52 wickets at 18.23.

I’d have given the guy this week off to freshen up and let him knock over England in Hobart, where he’s almost certain to bowl well.

Maybe, but he's probably been our best player this series. No way to reward him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back