Covid-19 Antivaxxers, extremism and the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

How are they left wing though? These Byron types aren’t they the rich af influencer types (parodied by jimmy rees “meanwhile in Byron”)
Byron bay is overun with hippies and hippies kids. Maybe a couple of streets in byron bay town itself with sea views have had rich people move in but outside that its probably the most left wing shire in australia. These people are still stuck in the sixties.

its also the anti vaxer capital of australia even before covid was a thing.

we have a beach house about 20 mins from byron and my partner, who is a consultant doctor in brisbane, was so concerned about regular outbreaks such as whooping cough down there that when our kids were babies she refused to let us go down there. Its that big a concern.

Last edited:
Byron bay is overun with hippies and hippies kids. Maybe a couple of streets in byron bay town itself with sea views have had rich people move in but outside that its probably the most left wing shire in australia. These people are still stuck in the sixties.

Was in Mullumbimby few years ago for a funeral - wandered around the town that night and was amazed how easy and often I was offered bumps of various narcotics by complete strangers- extremely generous and of course I accepted but I bet they are the ones claiming the vaxxes are poison

If you truly believe it's an equal "on both sides" issues.
And your go-to is Byron Bay.

Why is it only now, that these Byron Bay 'lefties', have become so influential? With their decades long anti-vax position.

Is it the 'woke'?
Is it the quota system?
Affirmative action?

Or is it, in this specific case, a community issue rather than an ideology?

we have a beach house about 20 mins from byron and my partner, who is a consultant doctor in brisbane, was so concerned about regular outbreaks such as whooping cough down there that when our kids were babies she refused to let us go down there. Its that big a concern.
We’ll burn them as well as the nut jobs who set fire to old Parliament House.
Fork them all.

The problem is, these people have been doing a lot.
Most of them are victims.

They've lost family, friends, quit their jobs.
Prompted with our media, and social media. They think they're part of something special, something real.

It's heartbreaking seeing what's happening. And these people are going to break eventually.

I've got 2 close friends well down that rabbit hole. We're still friends of course but each conversation when we meet is the same recycled American conservative diatribe they saw on the latest Joe Rogan or Steven Crowder video.

It is indeed beyond sad seeing them crawl deeper under that rock. Both are fathers too and I'd hate to see the brain dead stuff they'll poison their kids minds with.

Went to the supermarket yesterday,
First noticed a kid, obviously older than 12 wandering around not only not wearing a mask but not wearing a shirt.
Then the dad, wearing a hat that Crocodile Dundee would have approved of singlet shorts and thongs. Goatee style beard.
Got the glare happening , defying anyone to say something.

Wanted to slap him just for being such a stereotype.
Jesus if someone wanted to buy a bogan costume for a fancy dress party, he nailed it.

Went to the supermarket yesterday,
First noticed a kid, obviously older than 12 wandering around not only not wearing a mask but not wearing a shirt.
Then the dad, wearing a hat that Crocodile Dundee would have approved of singlet shorts and thongs. Goatee style beard.
Got the glare happening , defying anyone to say something.

Wanted to slap him just for being such a stereotype.
Jesus if someone wanted to buy a bogan costume for a fancy dress party, he nailed it.
In australia, if your gut as to chest ratio exceeds 1.5 as to 1 you MUST grow a goatee.

Look how far we've come.

1963 - Thích Quảng Đức burned himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection to protest the persecution and slaughter of his people by a puppet South Vietnamese regime.

2022 - Selfish pr1ck burns his car and himself on a Melbourne street shouting about his personal freedoms being impinged by vaccine mandates designed to protect the vulnerable.

If you truly believe it's an equal "on both sides" issues.
And your go-to is Byron Bay.

Why is it only now, that these Byron Bay 'lefties', have become so influential? With their decades long anti-vax position.

Is it the 'woke'?
Is it the quota system?
Affirmative action?

Or is it, in this specific case, a community issue rather than an ideology?
I didnt say it was equal. I just said it was a big left issue as well and not a new issue with the left but an old one.

and do you even think you have a point with the last three questions? It has nothing to do with being woke. This problem stems from the naturalist, vegan, mother earth spiritual aspect of the left who despise unnatural things like vaccines

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt say it was equal. I just said it was a big left issue as well and not a new issue with the left but an old one.

and do you even think you have a point with the last three questions? It has nothing to do with being woke. This problem stems from the naturalist, vegan, mother earth spiritual aspect of the left who despise unnatural things like vaccines
Dangerous covid talking points are coming just as much from the far left as the far right. why do you think byron bay is the anti vaccination capital of australia?

Long Covid is under-discussed, under-reported, and under-researched. Worrying.

wHpBuXq.jpg

Antivaxxers aren't automatically aligned to any political party or side but the groups trying to exploit and recruit them are.

UAP and ON are not lefties and the grifters are all in bed with rw personalities or pollies

Be interesting to see how many voters they convert

Antivaxxers aren't automatically aligned to any political party or side but the groups trying to exploit and recruit them are.

UAP and ON are not lefties and the grifters are all in bed with rw personalities or pollies

Be interesting to see how many voters they convert

They are obviously out to buy those votes, but its kind of hard to think that they won't be repelling as many or more than they buy, since most Australians are not Anti-vax.

IDK they might have crunched the numbers and seen it as a chance to grab some more. The demographic isn't a pretty picture.
( This one is an election out of date ).
I suspect the One Nation is similar.

Now we have this pig.

It’s been observed many times that one of the characteristics of the anti-vax movement is a curious marriage of right wing freedumb fighters and left wing nuts and berries hippies.

(Not unlike the curious anti-pr0n marriage of blue-stocking conservative nannies and hairy-legged separatist femmos of a generation ago.)

The important question in this case, yet to be established, is the precise proportions of each bloc.
Hippies are not left wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back