Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

No doubt a gun and likely gets to 120+ at some stage. Tog is too low (78%, compared to Walsh's 89%) and did have, albeit very minor calf issue that alternatives don't have. Might as well pay an extra 60k for Walsh or Titch (124 post bye).
That's if you have the extra $60K .....are you offering ;)

That's if you have the extra $60K .....are you offering ;)
Skimping on your 4-5 SP mid's isn't the way to go imo. Strictly GnR in the mid's for me (you can have Berry as almost rookie priced if you like). Save money elsewhere.

Skimping on your 4-5 SP mid's isn't the way to go imo. Strictly GnR in the mid's for me (you can have Berry as almost rookie priced if you like). Save money elsewhere.
Berry has sadly departed my team .....FWDS needed a boost more than my mids ATS

Current line-up

1641176337161.png

Think Lairds Def days are done while still in his prime. Before being moved he was almost dropped on his form back there, they tried him at HF and started him on the bench. Would take 4 injuries and even then I still think he'd stay midfield.
I agree it’s very unlikely Laird and Mills do go back but there are so many good mid options I’m looking for reasons to not pick players.

Mills and laird being slept on big time IMO, Mills in particular. Reckon he could go 120+, Laird is probably around his peak but very safe option

Agreed on this. I had them both in defence last year and worked out well i will definitely be close to taking both again.

My gut tells me this may not be the case this year. I reckon Brayshaw matches these blokes 60k or more above him.

As was posted earlier TOG a little lower than others, but to avg 117 post bye, amazing. I don’t see his TOG getting lower…. He doesn’t really rest forward much so seems to be pure midfield which would impact his TOG.

No doubt nailing the mids will have a big say.

Last edited:
Mills & Laird have only played one year as pure mids, should in theory still be some natural improvement left.

Mills especially given he had an injury interrupted backend to the year - he's currently in my side.
IMHO Laird has peaked SC wise .....can't play better than he did this year, and others now developing that'll ensure his ave won't improve

Mills I can see improving ....however there are other mids i trust more

Last edited:
Brayshaw is good, but he's hardly overpriced and will be taggers new #1 target. You're not exactly missing out if you don't start him.

Just not enough upside to the idea IMO. Hes a gun, i'm sure he'll go 110+ in 2022, but I think I'd rather bank on picking him up cheaper later.

Neale is 40k cheaper, Jelly 2k cheaper, Petracca 20k more and he's got more support and in a much better team.

Brayshaw is a kent and Gaff was right punching him in the mouth if you look at his head why wouldn't you want to punch it. Anyway why would you get him a Hyundai Getz when for $2k cheaper you can get a Rolls Royce in Jelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps has given me nothing but heartburn the last 2 years .....started with him last year, dumped his sorry arse .....then he fooled me leading into his bye ...looked lighter and had 3 good scores, so fool that I am, I brought him back into the side

Once his bye came, he fell into a hole & went back to his old ways .....how do we explain such fluctuations of scoring within a season ?

View attachment 1304670
If Cripps gave you heartburn then Westy and Lyjett gave me the Rona.

And that was back in 2018 :eek:

Despite Rowell being around 150k cheaper than last year when he was a lock for a tremendous number of sides, oddly he seems riskier this year despite getting a huge haircut. Even if he plays well, does he make the 200k you need to trade him out for a super premo? Is it ok to pick guys with the plan to eventually make them M9 - or is that fantasy (and possibly a little arrogant)? Obvs preaeason is crucial but one of the golden rules of SC is avoiding guys that aren't good enough for M8 irrespective of price...

Rowell has showed many people that he isn't actually a god. When he came back last year he was pretty unfit and looked meh on field.

Averaged 15 disposals and 4 tackles, with a high score of 83 and 9 scores 70 or under, from his 11 games after injury.

Now get in my team immediately you splendid Red Clint. There will only ever be one red bull and i'm ready to be hurt again :moustache: :ox:

Despite Rowell being around 150k cheaper than last year when he was a lock for a tremendous number of sides, oddly he seems riskier this year despite getting a huge haircut. Even if he plays well, does he make the 200k you need to trade him out for a super premo? Is it ok to pick guys with the plan to eventually make them M9 - or is that fantasy (and possibly a little arrogant)? Obvs preaeason is crucial but one of the golden rules of SC is avoiding guys that aren't good enough for M8 irrespective of price...

I expect him to be a perfectly acceptable M8.

His goal at the end of last year was simply to get through games. I've got no doubt there was a restrictor on his throttle. It's made him tastily cheap and now that he's ticked that box, and assuming he gets through a full preseason without incident, he'll be ready to go on all eight cylinders again.

I still think he's a god. A sexy ranga god with a new haircut that means business, just like he does

I expect him to be a perfectly acceptable M8.

His goal at the end of last year was simply to get through games. I've got no doubt there was a restrictor on his throttle. It's made him tastily cheap and now that he's ticked that box, and assuming he gets through a full preseason without incident, he'll be ready to go on all eight cylinders again.

I still think he's a god. A sexy ranga god with a new haircut that means business, just like he does

I have him in my Mids at M 6 presently and hopefully he retains M8 as you have alluded to...

I'm currently running with Macrae Steele Oliver Walsh Neale Rowell Daicos Hollands with Roberts Clark and Uwlands on the bench.

Who are the main taggers to avoid SC wise in 2022? I want to pick Clarry over Titch but remember him getting a couple of tags last season (was it an 80 against GWS?) and made a note to only buy him sub 600k.

Who are the main taggers to avoid SC wise in 2022? I want to pick Clarry over Titch but remember him getting a couple of tags last season (was it an 80 against GWS?) and made a note to only buy him sub 600k.
Pick Clarry and Titch, i'm doing it, Titch has his first full pre season since 2018 and Clarry is Clarry.

Not many proper taggers getting around at the moment.

DeBoer still kills a few premos when given the role, had Oliver by the balls until he did his hammy.
Got the better of Walsh.
O'Connor from Geelong randomly took a few scalps then stopped.

Not many proper taggers getting around at the moment.

DeBoer still kills a few premos when given the role, had Oliver by the balls until he did his hammy.
Got the better of Walsh.
O'Connor from Geelong randomly took a few scalps then stopped.
Lachy Ash was actually tagging for us last year and doing a great job, with us prefering to put DeBoer as a pressure forward when he was fit.
Ash worked well as a tag as he could damage teams with his two way run and move off his player. He was getting beaten one on one as a defender but was better in the mid contests. I doubt Leon will want to ultimately turn someone with the class and skill of Ash into a tagger long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back