Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

how we looking rainfall wise? were just getting the edge of the east coast low atm, latrobe AP station saying 16mm and nilma nth nil, were about in middle of them and reckon we might have had 4 or 5 mm.

O.K. South Eastern Victorians down W'bool way. Booked 2 days there mid-week next week.
. Eateries ?
. Must-see's ?
. Secret spots ?
All suggestions considered. Thanks 👍

Serious reply now.😁

Eateries, my speciality. What do you like? The south end of Liebig St is the foodies end. Heaps of eateries all together. YOU MUST BOOK EARLY THOUGH, effing tourists everywhere.

Bojangles is the go to Pizza, pasta place and they do a GREAT steak. It's a Wbool institution, though it's a bit more expensive and you might wait a while for your food.

We've got about 5 Thai joints. Cattlyea is the best, it's your traditional Thai but The Liebig is my choice. Not as big Thai menu with general Asian street food. More variety and beautiful.

3 Indian joints. India gate is the go to. Western Pendu is a nice, though.

Pub Feeds. The Cally (Caledonian Hotel) and The Warny (Hotel Warrnambool) do good feeds and are nice pubs. Do not eat at the Whalers.

2 Mexican joints. Wouldn't recommend Taco Bills and there's a new place opened that I haven't been to.

If you like a bit of Tapas and a cocktail, The Hairy goat is not bad.

Last edited:
Where are you staying Hojuman

There's not much to do in town. There will be tourist's everywhere. Go down to the beach and Lake Pertobe. Nice walk from the breakwater along the beach. There's 2 cafes where you can sit and have coffee/cake/beer or lunch, overlooking the water. Flagstaff Hill might be worth a look, it's a poor man's Sovereign Hill that documents the regions history with Shipwrecks. You can also go and stand near the boat I got married on.

Maybe on your way home go do the food trail at Timboon/Port Campbell and Princetown. There's a Whisky Distillery and Timboon Ice Cream.❤ and take in the 12 Apostles along the way.

BUT my most must see thing in Wbool is the Dirty Angel. It's a local icon.

Where are you staying Hojuman

There's not much to do in town. There will be tourist's everywhere. Go down to the beach and Lake Pertobe. Nice walk from the breakwater along the beach. There's 2 cafes where you can sit and have coffee/cake/beer or lunch, overlooking the water. Flagstaff Hill might be worth a look, it's a poor man's Sovereign Hill that documents the regions history with Shipwrecks. You can also go and stand near the boat I got married on.

Maybe on your way home go do the food trail at Timboon/Port Campbell and Princetown. There's a Whisky Distillery and Timboon Ice Cream.❤ and take in the 12 Apostles along the way.

BUT my most must see thing in Wbool is the Dirty Angel. It's a local icon.

Botanic serviced apartments Spidey 👍sounds good. Thanks for tips and advice. No Korean b.b.q. joints ?

Last edited:
Botanic serviced apartments Spidey 👍sounds good. Thanks for tips and advice. No Korean b.b.q. joints ?;

Nah, would kill for one of those down here. We do have a little Korean Fried chicken takeaway place, that does Kim Chi soup and Korean rice as well called Fryday Everyday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go to Port Fairy instead. It’s closer to you and better in every respect.

Nah, full of all cash up tossers. Especially this time of year.

Go for a drive to Tower Hill Wildlife reserve. Hojuman

10 min from Bool. Massive hole in the ground, exctint volcano. You'll get accosted by Emu's, probably see some Roos, Koalas and snakes.

Hoping I can get to a point at my work where I'm indispensable enough (everyone is dispensable) to be guaranteed remote work. We've got the deposit sitting there for a house in either Mount Gambier or up in the tropics of Nth Qld, so my plan over the next 6-12 months is to settle on a location, buy there, and then spend a little while greasing the wheels at work to get the licence to go fully remote (or like quarterly Melbourne visits or whatever).

Where I am now is only one street from 'regional' but it's very much a suburban cookie cutter estate. I want something with a beach that's not absolutely packed within an hour dammit!

Go to Port Fairy instead. It’s closer to you and better in every[/QUOTE]
If you go to Port Fairy make it early in the day, many of the businesses are having staffing issues due to the Covid & shutting early
Best Thai in town in my opinion is mortlake road Thai
Pity we aren’t home as you could have slipped up to the farm, my wife is a sensational cook

Go to Port Fairy instead. It’s closer to you and better in every
If you go to Port Fairy make it early in the day, many of the businesses are having staffing issues due to the Covid & shutting early
Best Thai in town in my opinion is mortlake road Thai
Pity we aren’t home as you could have slipped up to the farm, my wife is a sensational cook

I had Mortlake Rd Thai, tonight. Only live a block away, so it's nice and handy

Hoping I can get to a point at my work where I'm indispensable enough (everyone is dispensable) to be guaranteed remote work. We've got the deposit sitting there for a house in either Mount Gambier or up in the tropics of Nth Qld, so my plan over the next 6-12 months is to settle on a location, buy there, and then spend a little while greasing the wheels at work to get the licence to go fully remote (or like quarterly Melbourne visits or whatever).

Where I am now is only one street from 'regional' but it's very much a suburban cookie cutter estate. I want something with a beach that's not absolutely packed within an hour dammit!

Mount Gambier is a nice spot. It's similar size and vibe to Wbool except there are way more better beaches close to the Mount.

Mount Gambier is a nice spot. It's similar size and vibe to Wbool except there are way more better beaches close to the Mount.
Went to a music festival in the old jail just pre Covid & spent a few days there & it was great
Covid has sort of stuffed our plans to get back though

I had Mortlake Rd Thai, tonight. Only live a block away, so it's nice and handy
My financial advisor (wife) just told me she went there for lunch today (without me 😩) & had cashew nut duck
No wonder she didn’t want much for tea
They are shut for the next week for holidays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back