Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Tried to get to essendon last year but was under contract now he is out of contract so can’t be held against his will.

think the connection to Vic was Brad Hill and other cousins but he is a WA boy too
Courtney Ugle is his VFLW player cousin at Essendon, people always seem to forget about her but she is big into the Indigenous programs at Essendon and would speak highly of the support that the club provides in that respect.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Courtney Ugle is his VFLW player cousin at Essendon, people always seem to forget about her but she is big into the Indigenous programs at Essendon and would speak highly of the support that the club provides in that respect.
I don’t think any giant fans would be overly worried to see him move to essendon .... it just wasn’t going to happen last draft period particularly when the request was tabled so late in the day

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I don’t think any giant fans would be overly worried to see him move to essendon .... it just wasn’t going to happen last draft period particularly when the request was tabled so late in the day
Yep, no dramas with Bobby going to Tulla. There’s a damn good chicken shop in Keillor I can highly recommend to him.

But his manager can eat a bag of sand for putting Bobby through what he did last year.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2 years in a row?
Yeah his manager mentioned when interviewed around the end of the period last year that he actually tried to get to Hawthorn the year before in a 3 way trade with West Coast when Langdon was traded but it fell over

I remember the convo vividly for some reason

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah his manager mentioned when interviewed around the end of the period last year that he actually tried to get to Hawthorn the year before in a 3 way trade with West Coast when Langdon was traded but it fell over

Anywhere you can point me to so I can hear it?

Always thought the Essendon request was a Hail Mary to get Lobb at the Giants orchestrated by the manager of both players

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anywhere you can point me to so I can hear it?

Always thought the Essendon request was a Hail Mary to get Lobb at the Giants.
It was only a brief mention

But it was on one of the late trade things on the afl app

So im sure there is a podcast

His manager is Col Young?

Sorry no time stamp

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS

Most likely the manager wanted that ....

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

Sorry no time stamp

He re-signed in 2019. I’m trying to find the non-paywalled version of an article about 6 weeks before his request to join Essendon.

Nothing at all about trying to get out other than last years 5hit show.

If it was said by the manager, it would be 100% him simply being a total goose. Guaranteed he pays too much for power that Bloke.

Last edited:

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

Sorry no time stamp

Just went through our Draft / Trade pages from last year. Colin Young said he tried to get him to Hawthorn the year before but I’d trust you, Mr Internet Stranger with my Credit Card and PIN before I trust a single word that cretin utters.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Name calling shows you have nothing. The only time he himself has requested a trade is to the bombers last year.
His manager may have talked bullshit but it doesn’t make it true.

When did i say i had inside Knowledge?

All i did was relay info that is on a public podcast that anyone has access to?

You just came on saying something isn't true when his manager has said it and its not true because GWS supporters dont like Colin Young

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

You just came on saying something isn't true when his manager has said it and its not true because GWS supporters dont like Colin Young

Just because that is what Colin Young said it still doesn't change the fact that about 3 weeks prior to Booby requesting a trade he asked the giants for a contract extension and the club said come back in top shape after the off season and were talk about it.

The thing with Bobby is that he doesn't put the work in during the off season and isn't to about round 4-6 that his in shape he needs to be to push for a best 22 spot.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

It’s not true because at no stage has he requested a trade. Until the bombers efforts.
Nothing to do with Young.

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s not true because at no stage has he requested a trade. Until the bombers efforts.
Nothing to do with Young.
Well based on what Young said in that trade radio info a few months ago

Its all i went off based on his comments

But you know something i assume based on your confidence in saying it didn't happen, because plenty of requests are never brought to air

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Well based on what Young said in that trade radio info a few months ago

Its all i went off based on his comments

But you know something i assume based on your confidence in saying it didn't happen, because plenty of requests are never brought to air
Wouldn’t trust anything he says. Would of thought the last trade period showed that. Let alone other past actions.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

It seems his biggest fan is the Giants though. Giving up draft capital to move up and draft him then refusing Essendon's fairly reasonable offer (not suggesting they should have taken it).

Back