Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

torq if youre undecided about girls o/u 18, just remember the prison that Robbie and Shawn went too lol.

Not bothered. I've watched The Karate Kid so many times I'm practically a black belt in Miyagi-do Karate. When the other inmates see me in the prison yard practicing my crane technique they will sh*t bricks. Anyway, if I'm ever picked up for loitering around a high school I'll just say I was recruiting for my dojo. Prove me wrong, Your Honour.

Kidding aside, after Robby & Hawk stripped off their gis during their final match I was hoping Tory and Sam would follow suit. Both actresses are well over 18, after all. In fact, the kid that plays Bert might be the only cast member who's actually still in high school.

A while back someone mentioned a deleted scene from KK used in a Cobra Kai flashback. Found it on YouTube (playback disabled on other sites, wtf?)

Not bothered. I've watched The Karate Kid so many times I'm practically a black belt in Miyagi-do Karate. When the other inmates see me in the prison yard practicing my crane technique they will sh*t bricks. Anyway, if I'm ever picked up for loitering around a high school I'll just say I was recruiting for my dojo. Prove me wrong, Your Honour.

Kidding aside, after Robby & Hawk stripped off their gis during their final match I was hoping Tory and Sam would follow suit. Both actresses are well over 18, after all. In fact, the kid that plays Bert might be the only cast member who's actually still in high school.

A while back someone mentioned a deleted scene from KK used in a Cobra Kai flashback. Found it on YouTube (playback disabled on other sites, wtf?)

Tory be more in danger of knocking herself out than her opponent.

It's ridiculous that these guys have crafted something so meticulous and nuanced when their resume is American Pie, Harold and Kumar, etc.

Incredible how the Karate Kid world has been expanded. The films were good fun but now you can watch the four Miyagi-verse films and then go straight into a sequel type television series which will add 50 episodes and probably more.

Last edited:
Crazy

Massive Karate Kids fans too so you know they will repsect and treat the franchise right

Some of the references and homages are extremely subtle as well, they've not gone for lowest denominator stuff. That's also why they've not used 'You're the best' in the music yet. They said it's too obvious and too tacky.

Incredible how the Karate Kid world has been expanded. The films were good fun but now you can watch the four Miyagi-verse films and then go straight into a sequel type television series which will 50 episodes and probably more.

Hollywood needs to take note and follow what these guys are doing.

Cobra Kai is how you expand a franchise and not go for the easy cash grab reboot style that big Hollywood studios seem to do.

Last edited:
Cough

Star Wars

Cough

I better stop coughing now or I'll have to get a RAT.

On the flipside of that though, Creed.

Very true although i think they are on the right track now with The Mandolorian and Book of Boba Fett and yep Creed did it well also.

Ghostbusters Afterlife is another film that didn't go for the easy cash grab imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hollywood needs to take note and follow what these guys are doing.

Cobra Kai is how you expanded a franchise and not go for the easy cash grab reboot style that big Hollywood studios seem to do.

Very true.

The only way I would watch the Terminator series is the first 2 films and then the 2 seasons of The Sarah Connor Chronicles (it needed a season 3 :()

Some of the references and homages are extremely subtle as well, they've not gone for lowest denominator stuff. That's also why they've not used 'You're the best' in the music yet. They said it's too obvious and too tacky.
they need to find a way to use.

they used rocky music in season 4 and it worked. They can use your the best surely. The song was literally written for rocky.

It would have been a million times better than carrie underwood. The first thing that came to mind is that she is married to/dating one of the producers.

Bit of s5 spoiler, but its not confirmed as yet, but the characters of Miguel and Kreese are potentially unlikely to appear in much of s5 as they have been filiming other shows.

Oh and just as a point of interest in the All Valley Tournament, apparently they did film alternative endings for s4.

Bit of s5 spoiler, but its not confirmed as yet, but the characters of Miguel and Kreese are potentially unlikely to appear in much of s5 as they have been filiming other shows.

Oh and just as a point of interest in the All Valley Tournament, apparently they did film alternative endings for s4.

Most shows that use that many extra's do these days.

Rocky Balboa filmed like 4 different endings as it was filmed prior to an actual fight and had like 20,000 people in the crowd watching.

they need to find a way to use.

they used rocky music in season 4 and it worked. They can use your the best surely. The song was literally written for rocky.
Correct. Written for Rocky III.

Instead they went with Eye of the Tiger.

Rocky III original wanted Another One Bites The Dust by Queen but couldn't get it, so Stallone commissioned a few original songs.

These guys are fantastic in writing and creating the show

I remembered an interview a few years back, before s3 was released, they said they had actually mapped out the entire series for s4,5 and 6.

Will be interesting as to how they choose to end this series as it would be an easy task to tie up loose ends.

One thing Im definite about, this series will be rebooted again. Though that will likely take place when the kids "become Daniel and Johnny".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back